For the Love of Nancy Reviews

• Jun 25, 2015

4.5 only because its an older movie, but love Tracey!

4.5 only because its an older movie, but love Tracey!

• Oct 27, 2014

Although slightly cliched, this movie does have its strong points, and can be interesting to a patient audience.

• Jul 16, 2014

A tawdry tale of anorexia starring ex-anorexic Tracey Gold. While this is certainly an interesting movie, it suffers from insane and unexplained gaps in its timeline. One scene will end abruptly, and the next will take place weeks later, with no bridging in between. This happens at least a dozen times throughout the film. While this movie has nothing new to offer, Tracey Gold holds things together with her excellent portrayal of a role she was literally (and no disrespect intended) born to play. You could tell she was digging up emtions from her own health ordeal to use in her performance, and the result is a powerful and honest portrayal of a person who has let anorexia take over every aspect of their life. All of the other characters are overacted with an extremely heavy hand, almost to the point of nausea (but what is up with the unspoken sexual tension between Nancy and her brother, played by Mark-Paul Gossellar?).The outcome is predictable and the atmosphere never rises above that of a mid-90s made-for-TV drama.

• Feb 27, 2012

• Sep 09, 2010

i think this is a very sad movie because i can relate to nancy because i was anorexic and my mom and my sister helped me save my life i couldn't have done it without them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Apr 29, 2010

Tracey Gold as an anorexic young woman... she plays the role well, makes it very believable.

• Jan 22, 2009

• Aug 11, 2008

nancy was kinda crazy on this and its a shame that she couldnt control it..

nancy was kinda crazy on this and its a shame that she couldnt control it..

• Jun 29, 2008

Made for TV drama, think I caught it on 5 during the afternoon sometime. I did think it was set in the early 90's what with the dodgy outfits though, and suprise suprise I was right!

• Mar 26, 2008

is it really that hard to order a fat sandwich?

is it really that hard to order a fat sandwich?