For Your Eyes Only - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

For Your Eyes Only Reviews

February 25, 2017
for me one of his better Bond outings
January 28, 2017
Moore's Bond feels too old and too tired to be effective in this installment of the long running franchise. For Your Eyes Only is a sluggish and forgettable spy adventure.
½ January 4, 2017
140111: 12th Bond Film. I wasn't that impressed with the opening scene featuring a diving helicopter that sounded like a plane but otherwise, this film was entertaining enough. What's with James Bond and skiing by the way? No more please. Does Melina (Carole Bouquet) have a moustache shadow or is that just me. Lynn-Holly Johnson as Bibi is one of this film's highlights. Ending with humour is becoming a trend.
½ December 12, 2016
For Your Eyes Only has a good opening number, fine score and it looks good, but the action is dull, the characters and plot are uninspired and the film is one of the most tedious and forgettable Bond flicks so far.
½ November 29, 2016
There's something oddly forgettable about this movie, which is strange considering that it contains some of the best imaginative action sequences of the series and is a lot less silly than some of the other Bond movies. Is it partly due to an average main villain, or Bill Conti's peculiar ill-fitting score? John Barry is sorely missed here. Could it perhaps be that there are so many sets and locations that the film lacks visual focus? The funny thing is that this is in fact a great movie...just not the crowd pleaser that some of the other more memorable ones are.
November 25, 2016
Kind of tame, but engaging, action packed story, and as always very funny thanks to Roger Moore.
½ November 21, 2016
Another nail in the coffin for the Roger Moore bonds. This is a slight return to form after the outlandish Moonraker but stripping away the camp is part of the problem. I like the grittier bonds but Moore's performance is often vacant Of actual emotion; he either looks pissed off or horny.
½ November 20, 2016
Agent 007 is assigned to retrieve the valuable ATAC transmitter form a sunken British spy vessel before it falls into enemy hands. Another entertaining entry, with some particularly impressive stuntwork on the ski slopes of St Moritz. Sheena Easton song is passable while Margaret Thatcher finish is amusing.
November 12, 2016
One of the best Bond songs and one of the lousiest soundtracks ( I mean 70's B karate movie lousy)
October 31, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: The last act of 'For Your Eyes Only' is super engaging as it's one of those stories where everything comes together really nicely. We also get a fairly good villain and a slightly 'Spy Who Loved Me' style love interest, which is refreshing to see once again.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The main issue here is that it takes an awfully long time to get going. This makes for a pretty forgettable and disengaging first half that contains all sorts of unnecessary quips and action sequences.
VERDICT: Once you're in the thick of it it's enjoyable, but the build-up is pretty slow and dull. 'For Your Eyes Only' is neither Moore's best, nor by any means his worst.
October 5, 2016
So-so Bond, not the worst, certainly not the best. Even the exotic locations look cheap. Matters aren't helped by an anaemic villain (Julian Glover), somnolent direction (John Glen, on his first 007 outing), another very pretty female who can't act (Carole Bouquet), and an unusually dull score from Bill Conti. Roger Moore starts looking his age here, and should have bowed out on Moonraker.
July 26, 2016
4 out of 10:

The not so exciting action scenes and slow pacing make For Your Eyes Only a kind of forgettable Bond film.
½ July 24, 2016
Absolutely overrated. I can't understand how so many people think that this is a great film. Boring plot, forgettable villain, and "Blofeld" was done horribly in the Pre-Title Sequence.
½ July 23, 2016
Awesome Roger Moore Bond movie
½ July 23, 2016
For Your Eyes Only is the second best Roger Moore, and it as realistic as Bond got until Licence to Kill.
½ July 21, 2016
full of near close calls, from almost getting eaten by sharks, to almost falling off a mountain while climbing. Somehow this is still boring and too long. Roger Moore is too old to be getting these girls. He's not Connery.
July 19, 2016
7/19/2016: The best one with Moore as Bond. Some decent action.
jamrcla
July 6, 2016
Probably one of the better Bonds from the pretty poor Roger Moore era, It's very easy to watch and enjoy, Apart from a few silly bits it had some good action scenes especially the ski chase and the rock climbing scene were both pretty good, There's a nice little car chase but apart from them there's nothing else new or worth mentioning I don't think it was too overlong but too many down times make it seems longer than it is, An average Bond film but an above average Roger Moore Bond film.
½ July 2, 2016
Roger Moore is my fav Bond, and after the high point of The Spy Who Loved Me, that magic carries over quite well here.
More wit and less camp make this edgier Bond a welcome success.
A few extra winks and nods to making fun of all things Bond reach a fever pitch here including blowing up the stunning Lotus of the previous film, and even taking some unusually weird shots at the typical Bond-girl image.
Trust me, it gets weird all right, same as the bits of chauvinism, but i digress..
A bit more clumsy and vulnerable for a spy here too, but it builds the suspense differently without losing the Bond-spy image.
Revisits the ski theme with fantastic stunts and the rather satisfying tongue in cheek humor mixed in perfectly.
A very entertaining Bond flick, just plz forgive a few sexist shots in the script from 40 yrs ago.

4.5 out of 5 Bonds on ice
April 28, 2016
Best Roger Moore Bond movie by far. It is quite entertaining.