For Your Eyes Only Reviews

• Nov 22, 2020

Another Roger Moore James Bond Classic!

Another Roger Moore James Bond Classic!

• Oct 07, 2020

For Your Eyes Only felt a bit all over the place writing wise. The action itself was fine, but it felt like watching montages of action sequences rather than a film with a narrative. The rock climbing scene was nicely done, but I'm fed up of how many ski scenes there are in the James Bond franchise. Skiing has been completely overdone at this point. Bond should have died again, but that's the case with most of the Bond films. The plot was pretty dull, the characters were nothing special, and almost everything has been done before. There's nothing that makes this film stand out besides the low effort story. The acting was acceptable, the cinematography was good, and the soundtrack was fine - not the best title song though.

• Jul 14, 2020

One of the better Moore films, still not great.

One of the better Moore films, still not great.

• Jun 09, 2020

One of the better Bond films of the 1970's. Not as hokey as some of the other Moore era films.

• Apr 20, 2020

I have it five stars bc it was action packed, good stuns, good underwater sequences, with a great story , the open credit song is one of my favorites

• Apr 08, 2020

Although more action heavy than previous Bond movies, it suffers from a plot that's not as interesting as its action set pieces, though I'd say this is probably my second favorite Roger Moore Bond movie.

• Mar 26, 2020

This twelfth Bond movie was really good. Roger Moore and the rest of the cast did an excellent job in this movie. The plot to the movie was thrilling and action packed. I even liked the fight scene with the hockey players. That was pretty cool. If you haven't seen this movie yet, check it out sometime. You'll enjoy it.

• Mar 22, 2020

Once again, solid. 'For Your Eyes Only' makes for decent viewing, with Roger Moore continuing to please as Bond. The support cast are more noteworthy than usual, Chaim Topol stands out but is followed closely by Julian Glover and Carole Bouquet. Cool to see a younger Charles Dance appear, too. The overall plot is sound, though the parts involving Lynn-Holly Johnson's Bibi felt pointless and kinda weird at times. This also features a pleasant soundtrack, which is sung by Sheena Easton. There are also some top locations used, as I've come to expect in this film series.

• Mar 21, 2020

This should have been Roger Moore's send off. For one thing, they actually made an effort to work with Moore's ever advancing age and made him much tougher and realistic than in most of his movies as Bond. The actual execution of spy tactics makes this movie unique in comparison to the corny antics and excessive reliance on gadgets that plague Moore's movies. He even gets a really cool sidekick here.

• Feb 24, 2020

For Your Eyes Only is a series of impressive stunts scattered amongst a low-energy and somewhat confusing story. Maybe it's just because Roger Moore is getting on in years, but his heart just doesn't seem to be into it this time. I know they wanted to bring things back to reality after the goofiness of Moonraker, but For Your Eyes Only may have been a little too grounded for its own good. I still liked it, though.