Forbidden Zone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forbidden Zone Reviews

October 23, 2012
i love the 1980 new wave underground before it was compromised in following years
October 14, 2012
Forbidden Zone is wonderfully unorthodox and strange.
½ September 28, 2012
I really don't know WHAT to think after seeing it.. I'm very glad i didn't have any dreams after.. wow.. that was all f'd up.. lol.. however, makes me wonder if a certain Joss Whedon has seen it, as Danny Elfman's portrayal of satan, comes REALLY close to the demon from Once More With Feeling.. like.. some better makeup, and a different color.. and without Oingo Boingo backup it would be the same scene. Still not sure what I was supposed to take away from it.. but.. it was an experience.
½ July 26, 2012
It's one of the strangest and wildest movies ever made, directed by Richard Elfman and starring Oingo Boingo and friends. Shot in black and white (and later colorized), it's a mix of Avante-Garde, German expressionism, comic books, Non-sequitur humor, John Waters, a musical of many genres, and with little Herve Villechaize as a king! It makes absolutely no logical sense, so you just shouldn't even try to understand. Just like it for what it is: a piece of trash-art.
½ July 14, 2012
Great music, great design. Hilarious in bizarre ways. This is the Mystic Knights, like 'em or not!
July 7, 2012
Awesome movie from the 80's...very low budget and a bit unconventional, but hey, it's done by Richard Elfman with Danny Elfman (Oingo Boingo lead singer/guitarist) doing the soundtrack as well as playing Satan in the 6th dimension!
July 2, 2012
This is somewhat of a guilty pleasure to me but don't take this movie seriously at all, it's extremely campy, has jazzy catchy tunes, and unforgettable scenes.
strangely this used to be on my most hated but now most loved
June 14, 2012
Cheap and puerile, but I do sort of wish that this were the movie with the insane cult following, rather than Rocky Horror. Some really great animation and music help the viewer get through.
June 4, 2012
A true treat for surreal-genre fans!
June 3, 2012
You'll either love it or hate it...5 stars or 0 stars...I'm in the 5 stars category.
May 20, 2012
Renowned film composer Danny Elfman got his start here: his brother's undefinable cult film that feels almost like a cross between David Lynch and Chuck Jones. The plot is virtually non-existent and it's hard to get any message from it, but the quirky animation and great score make for a very watchable cult film
May 15, 2012
anything with elfman on it is gold
May 12, 2012
I'm a fan of Oingo Boingo and can't wait to see this film.
May 10, 2012
This movies sounds very interesting.
½ May 10, 2012
Why are they saying this is a new-release DVD? I've had it for years.
May 9, 2012
The MOVIE INFO for this film isn't a synopsis, but a full plot description. What kind of bullshit is this?
May 9, 2012
Unmitigated brilliance!
May 8, 2012
Excellent weird movie by the elusive Elfman clan in their very early years prior to or around the same time as Oingo Boingo! What a trip. It is a bit whacked but very entertaining as a cult classic.
½ May 8, 2012
Possibly tied for the worst movie I've ever seen. If you know someone who likes it, you should never speak to them again.
½ May 6, 2012
Could be a grower. Some good bits, lots of really strange bits.