Daai laap mat taam 008 (Forbidden City Cop) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daai laap mat taam 008 (Forbidden City Cop) Reviews

½ August 14, 2014
Super goofy fun from Stephen Chow.
½ June 7, 2014
My Rating: 3.5/5 stars; Grade: B; Gesture: One Thumb Up; Status: Somewhat Good (Fresh); Emoticon: :-}.
February 22, 2014
Laughs are few and far-between in this dated comedy.
½ April 2, 2013
There's a bit of that insanely hilarious, 4th-wall breaking genius that Western fans know from Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle, especially toward the end, but for the most part this movie comes off like many of Chow's older films - without the benefit of understanding the clever nuances of the dialogue, all that's left is a cheesy romp that won't likely be revisited.
December 26, 2012
a funny moive, and four star for the memory
DragonEyeMorrison
September 9, 2012
It's safe to say a ton of the jokes get lost in translation, others will appeal only to wuxia fans. Not bad but Stephen has done way better stuff.
½ July 29, 2012
Clever in it's send up, but not above dirty jokes and pratfalls. One of Stephen Chow's best work.
May 1, 2012
I like the little unpredictable ending.
½ March 8, 2012
Film "construit" en trois parties tres inegale, FORBIDDEN CITY COP souffre d'une realisation catastrophique (sauf sur une sequence, vraiment tres reussie), d'un scenario vraiment mediocre, simple resucee medievale de son precedent FROM BEIJING WITH LOVE et d'une extreme hyperactivite tres fatiguante pour le spectateur lambda. A oublier.
January 9, 2012
A pretty mad wuxia parody of everything form Hollyeood, from James Bond to Indiana Jones, for the most part coming unexpected and taking you by surprise (as it should always be in comedy).
May 29, 2011
good enough. dull at times, fun at others. cool ideas but a bit of a waste of time too. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a Chow fan (liked most/all of his movies you've seen thus far). if so, go for it. i think it helps to watch his stuff in chronological order when possible too.
½ October 28, 2010
½ September 20, 2010
I didn't quite like it when watching in theatre back then. After cable's repeatedly broadcasting in a brain wash way, I began loving it.
½ May 18, 2010
Classic! I don't mind watching it over and over again in time. Just hilarious.
March 3, 2010
I missed the old days comedy. Nowadays everybody wants to be funny.
December 18, 2009
Another funny movie starring the genius that is Stephen Chow.
October 25, 2009
Second directorial effort of Stephen Chow in which he presents a slightly more toned down version of his usual screen persona, and is better off for it I think. However, Vincent Kok's screenplay being as subtle as a plane crash, Forbidden City Cop is hardly a step in a more mature direction for Chow. But who needs that anyway? Great fun and a nice rom com-vibe between Chow and lovely Carina Lau.
½ August 26, 2009
Its amongst the most funniest and outrageous Chow movies
February 20, 2009
I'd watch it again and again. It's outrageous but it also feels real and sweet at times. And it's funny no matter how many times I watch it.