Forbidden World (Mutant) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forbidden World (Mutant) Reviews

September 17, 2017
its not as good as the cover would suggest
June 1, 2017
This movie is an absolute guilty pleasure for me. I'm fully aware that it is a low-budget imitator of Ridley Scott's Alien (1979), but there's something about this film that still makes me enjoy it regardless. I'll be fully honest and say that I though the story, acting, and special effects were actually pretty good for a low-budget 1980's sci fi horror movie, and music is some of the greatest 80's cheese I've ever heard in cinema. So yes, I do in fact enjoy this movie for what it is.
May 16, 2017
Well... that was no Galaxy of Terror. It's a super cheesy B-Monster, sci-fi flick, that gratuitously rips off Alien. It's basically an excuse to showcase gore and boobs. Still, it's kind of fun in parts.
½ August 29, 2016
A rare gem that followers of ''alien'' gonna love it..
½ July 11, 2016
There's something there in between the too many ta-tas and shameless alien ripoff - but not enough.
½ February 8, 2016
This Roger CORMAN-produced movie is a low-budget Alien (Scott 1979) knock-off which reuses special effects and sets from other Roger CORMAN movies. It is nevertheless entertaining.
February 27, 2015
This was a fun and entertaining sci-fi movie from the Roger Corman library.
Like a lot of Roger Corman movies the acting isn't great but it mixes comedy in without meaning to.
This is pretty much Alien is essence but a few tweaks here and there and a lot more nudity.
June Chadwick and Dawn Dunlap are actually very beautiful and I was a little surprised by that.
Their futuristic shower scene was funny and sexy all at the same time.
The most surprising part of this movie is that it looked like it actually cost a lot of money but was a b-movie budget all the way.
½ July 21, 2014
Who cares if its a low budget Alien ripoff? Its a damned entertaining one.
May 20, 2014
There's more to this than it being an Alien knock off, it rips of a lot of other films too. Its entertaining enough and has a half decent soundtrack which make it an enjoyable B movie.
½ April 25, 2014
For a low budget b-movie rip off of Alien, Forbidden World is very good
DrStrangeblog
½ August 20, 2013
Laughably lousy Alien ripoff, to say nothing of blatant. Lookit their monster's head, it's exactly the same! Which is about all you can see, somebody turn on the damn lights. Fox Harris is at least amusing as Dr. Cal while claiming his honorary Jeffrey Combs Overacting Crackpot Scientist award. And here's an ending you'll never see anywhere else: have a space ranger cut out the doctor's tumor without anesthetic and feed it to the monster, thereby killing it! Apparently they didn't have the cumulative brainpower to think of "fire bad." Dawn Dunlap's absurdly gratuitous nudity (does a research station on a hot desert planet really need a steam room??) helps ease the pain a smidge.

If the bad drugs say you must watch an early-'80s Alien copyright infringement produced by Roger Corman, make it Galaxy Of Terror instead - that's where these cheap sets came from.
½ July 21, 2013
space tip #1 if it moves and it's not one of us, shoot it

you should probably have some kind of lighting in your base too and avoid long narrow hallways...
May 25, 2013
For the few things that Forbidden World gets right, it gets the most important things all wrong. I know walking into this that it will be a low budget, poorly-acted but charming rip-off of another movie. The problem is that it's just so boring. It's filled to the nines with lots of technical plot details that none of the actors make compelling or believable in any way. The special effects were famously done by the crew behind Aliens (including James Cameron himself) and was written by Jim Wynorsky, who went on to direct a number of cult classics. To say that I was disappointed with the film is an understatement. I actually find Galaxy of Terror to be superior, as it rips off the same film anyways. No amount of nudity and gore will make me like a film better because of its presence. The rest has to work too, and it doesn't in this case. Even the director's cut of the film titled Mutant isn't any better than its theatrical counterpart.
½ December 20, 2012
An enjoyably trashy early 80's low-budget "ALIEN" rip-off--Intergalactic Troubleshooter Mike Colby VS Genetic Mutant!!
½ December 11, 2012
Great rip off of the movie Alien. It's got everything a B-movie from that time period should have, like good looking women, nudity , stupid people doing stupid things and just the little things that can make you laugh. It's very entertaining, it definitely exceeded my expectations.

If Alien had in fact been a Roger Corman production, this is how it would of turned out.
November 30, 2012
Enjoyable Alien ripoff featuring dumb scientists, unexplained nudity, and pretty decent gore and set design.
October 27, 2012
Subject 20 developed by an isolated genetic engineering research lab to help fight the galatic food crisis goes on a killing spree but its nothing that feeding it a cancerous tumor from a dying doctor can't fix. Liked the synthesizer score.
Francisco G.
September 28, 2012
An amazing looking sci-fi flick for such a tiny budget, fun, complete nonsensical opening, loads of female exploitation, vintage synth soundtrack, tons of gore, stupid monsters and a plot stolen from Alien. What more can you ask from your average cheesy sci-fi flicks?
½ July 26, 2012

½ July 3, 2012
What the heck was I watching? Well, whatever it was it had good gore and some sex, so I wont complain about it much. Although it's totally an Alien rip off, just like the summary on here says.