Force 10 From Navarone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Force 10 From Navarone Reviews

½ July 30, 2016
It's a fine war flick, with a great cast, great acting and some realistic fighting and action. You can really connect with the cast and their mission to destroy a dam to make a bridge collapse.
½ May 7, 2016
Just bad. Bad acting, bad overall b
September 21, 2015
Endnu en historie fra Alistair McLeans fabrik. Den når ikke op på siden af Ørneborgen og Navarones kanoner, men er da udmærket tømmermandsunderholdning.
March 25, 2015
Harrison Ford and Robert Shaw makes this work
January 2, 2015
A nice old war movie but the guns of navarone are better but this is great also. One of Harrison Ford's earlier movies.
½ May 13, 2014
I enjoyed this film more than the 1961 Gregory Peck film The Guns of Navarone. This film has more plot twists and deals with more ethnic issues. There are Allies that are disguised as the Axis and Axis who are disguised as Allies. I think it was made more interesting by the crew being captured early on by the Allies but also interesting that not all of the Allies are going for the same mission. I liked the theme to the film a lot. This film was pretty good and I would watch it again. I wish there was a bit more character development in the film.

I was glad that this film worked with more ethnic cultures than just Germans and English but you saw and heard from the local inhabitants of Navaron. You also saw a black person behind German enemy lines to provide a different aspect of the war. I liked the knife to the gun predicament that happened in several occasions within the film.
January 12, 2014
After both Shaw and Ford coming off of their career highlights: Jaws, and Star Wars respectively, they unleash Force 10 from Navarone. This movie certainly isn't Shaw's next Jaws, or Ford's next Star Wars. But it has good quality and a unique plot with some witty scenarios, as well as great acting by both Shaw and Ford. I believe anybody can watch this although children may get bored, but any fans of Shaw or Ford or is a fan of movies involving Nazis - yes Nazis are in this, it kind of reminds me of Indiana Jones which stars Ford. People fans of films involving Nazis, war, and escaping nail-biting situations then this is the movie for you. I only give this a 3/5 because I am not a huge fan of these types of movies, and some of the acting beside Shaw and Ford is flat.
December 30, 2013
If you thought the original was too stuffy and slow and you wanted more action, well this might be what you're after. It has a more American cast and the action runs right through rather than mostly at the end like the first, although to call this a sequel is a little rich. The only real issue here is that there is a lot more action, but none of it is really anything special. So as a action war film with a simple plot this is well worth a look, but it's nothing more than that though.
November 23, 2013
I own this on DVD in a two movie pack along with:
* The Guns Of Navarone (1961)
August 3, 2013
Oh yeah. A great war movie for a kid.
July 5, 2013
I know it's not Guns,but i love this film.
½ May 31, 2013
A good World War Two movie.
½ February 17, 2013
Really odd early Harrison Ford film. I was such a fanboy that I saw this multiple times, despite the fact that it's pretty bad.
February 9, 2013
Old school. We're they to do it these days I think it would be a pretty cool movie, as it was, just okay. Not the best of anything, script, effects, acting etc but a decent watch.
½ February 7, 2013
Standard bit about our early special forces boys going against the evil Nazis plotting world demise. There's no surprises here, none at all, but everyone does gives their money's worth. Not bad, but not good either.
December 30, 2012
Guy Hamilton's workman-like direction makes this a solid enough World War II movie. Robert Shaw and Harrison Ford lead a small band of Allied troops behind enemy lines to blow up a bridge in the Balkans. Their mission is made harder by the fact that the group is infiltrated by a Nazi agent who does his best to thwart the plan. There's a solid cast including Edward Fox and Barbara Bach and some tense action sequences as the gang plant bombs and attempt to evade discovery. These 1970s war movies have a feel of that era which, for me, always makes them a little wooden and stagy but they are perfect afternoon viewing and they're the sort of film that you mum would like....assuming your mum is of that sort of age. It's a no frills couple of hours with enough action to hold the interest and keep the viewer entertained.
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
½ November 18, 2012
I liked it very much when I was younger, but less so now. It has its problems, but also its moments. Big epic all-star WWII movies were largely gone by 1978, and this was a somewhat weak attempt at one. Shaw goes a long way towards redeeming it, and the genre is so darn likable it is easy to overlook the plot's weaknesses and enjoy the ride. The ending in particular is remembered by me quite vividly and fondly, and I often think of the dam as a sort of metaphor for various events I see around me.
September 23, 2012
Another straight-forward men-on-a-mission film which isn't as good as the best of them, but still decent, if unnecessary. Mostly only worth watching if you're in the mood for one you haven't seen before, and have seen all the better ones.
July 19, 2012
Pretty lame sequel to the 1961 epic Guns of Navarone. "Sequel" is a bit of stretch, as the only commonalities between the two are two characters, and the title.

Pretty much a conventional paint-by-numbers WW2 drama. Plot is not overly imaginative, and has numerous plot holes and contrivences. The military aspect is not entirely accurate.

Performances are OK. Edward Fox gives his usual irritatingly stiff performance, however.