Force 10 From Navarone Reviews

• Jan 26, 2019

This is one of my favorite WWII movies of all time. An all star cast with Robert Shaw in one of the last films before he died, Harrison Ford right after Star Wars, and a Barbara Bach nude scene. Plus lots of explosions. What more could you ask for?

• May 13, 2018

In 1943, after their successful mission on the Greek island of Navarone, Major Keith Mallory (Robert Shaw) and Sergeant John Miller (Edward Fox) are sent to find and kill Nicolai. Originally thought to be a traitor who informed the Germans about Miller and Mallory during the Navarone mission, Nicolai is now known to be Colonel von Ingorslebon, a German spy believed to have infiltrated the Yugoslav Partisans as "Captain Lescovar" (Franco Nero). To get to Yugoslavia, the two men pair with "Force 10", an American sabotage unit, led by Colonel Mike Barnsby (Harrison Ford). I am not that fond of the 1961 film "The Guns of Navarone" despite its status as a classic, and I am not that fond of the sequel "Force 10 from Navarone" now when I have finally seen it. This is just too slapsticky almost comic like for me with a mixed cast, some good choices and some terrible ones (Richard Kiel and Barbara Bach). The acting is very mixed, the effects and sets are truly mixed, the stunts are way too visible, the story is not that intriguing, replacing the parts of Mallory and Miller with Robert Shaw and Edward Fox (originally portrayed by Gregory Peck and David Niven) is so so, even the death scenes are overdramatized (you´d think the film was made in the 60s) and Guy Hamilton was obviously not the right choice of director for this type of film. "Force 10 from Navarone" is a disappointment in my eyes. Trivia: Initially there had been plans to film this movie shortly after The Guns of Navarone (1961) with Gregory Peck and David Niven reprising their roles. Following the success of the original movie producer Carl Foreman asked Alistair MacLean to write a hardcover sequel novel on which a follow-up film would be based, but the author was reluctant to write an entire novel and instead delivered a screen treatment. The film was announced for 1967 but after the script got bogged down in studio development hell MacLean decided to develop the screen treatment as a book and Force 10 from Navarone was published in 1968. Throughout the 1970s Foreman tried to get enough financial backing for the movie and eventually patched together enough money to finance the production from no fewer than five different international sources.

• Nov 04, 2017

Just a simple war film about blowing up a bridge

Just a simple war film about blowing up a bridge

• Dec 21, 2016

Entertaining war film with a bit more to it thanks to Alistair Maclean's story. Like a who's who of late 70s cinema - Han Solo, Appollo Creed, Jaws, Quint, a bond girl and Edward Fox!

• Jul 30, 2016

It's a fine war flick, with a great cast, great acting and some realistic fighting and action. You can really connect with the cast and their mission to destroy a dam to make a bridge collapse.

• Apr 22, 2016

Just bad. Bad acting, bad overall b

Just bad. Bad acting, bad overall b

• Sep 21, 2015

Endnu en historie fra Alistair McLeans fabrik. Den når ikke op på siden af Ørneborgen og Navarones kanoner, men er da udmærket tømmermandsunderholdning.

• Jan 12, 2014

After both Shaw and Ford coming off of their career highlights: Jaws, and Star Wars respectively, they unleash Force 10 from Navarone. This movie certainly isn't Shaw's next Jaws, or Ford's next Star Wars. But it has good quality and a unique plot with some witty scenarios, as well as great acting by both Shaw and Ford. I believe anybody can watch this although children may get bored, but any fans of Shaw or Ford or is a fan of movies involving Nazis - yes Nazis are in this, it kind of reminds me of Indiana Jones which stars Ford. People fans of films involving Nazis, war, and escaping nail-biting situations then this is the movie for you. I only give this a 3/5 because I am not a huge fan of these types of movies, and some of the acting beside Shaw and Ford is flat.

• Dec 30, 2013

If you thought the original was too stuffy and slow and you wanted more action, well this might be what you're after. It has a more American cast and the action runs right through rather than mostly at the end like the first, although to call this a sequel is a little rich. The only real issue here is that there is a lot more action, but none of it is really anything special. So as a action war film with a simple plot this is well worth a look, but it's nothing more than that though.

• Aug 03, 2013

Oh yeah. A great war movie for a kid.

Oh yeah. A great war movie for a kid.