Forks Over Knives - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forks Over Knives Reviews

July 22, 2017
Interesting documentary, I enjoyed this one
½ May 27, 2017
The current fad of demonizing animal products and substituting them with vegan meats and cheeses reminds me of the days when we demonized fat only to replace it with refined and artificial sugars. The reality is that The China Study, a book about a study that was done in China that compared diets, is flawed (the book, not the study), and yet people keep using this book to "prove" that a vegan diet is healthier than an omnivore diet. While I believe that we need to be eating more vegetables and fruits, which are highly nutritious, this does not mean giving up animal products. The main issue with the American diet is that it is highly processed. Giving up meat and consuming highly processed soy in its place is not the answer, yet I know vegans who do this, erroneously thinking they are eating a healthier diet.
April 11, 2017
I've read through most of the negative comments. The only criticisms they provide are a product of denial.
March 7, 2017
Fascinating documentary and something that really makes you sit up and ask yourself some serious questions about what we put in our bodies.
December 16, 2016
This movie is a life changer. Everyone must see this movie.
½ November 9, 2016
Sold! If you're after health, ya just gotta give it a try!
½ October 5, 2016
Now let me put this up front, this is basically vegan propaganda - packaged nicely. They are going after multiple enemies though, so it can be a little muddled and repetitive. The regular things we should stop eating - meat, refined sugars and dairy products. Even so, it definitely makes me question HOW much meat we eat, and the affect that has on us.
½ August 24, 2016
Forks Over Knives is a very eye-opening, well-researched documentary. It is very matter-of-fact and even a little insulting at times, however; Food,Inc. is a little more subtle than this one.
½ July 17, 2016
The info is sound, but Jesus Christ, this movie is boring. The narrator's voice is also kind of grating. I will never believe that vegetarianism is the answer for everyone, but Paleo, Mediterranean, veganism, Keto, and other diets based in whole foods are key to us getting healthier as a nation. Every road is different for everyone, but over processed foods just aren't good for you when it is the core of your nutrition.
June 10, 2016
I think that the description of the film, that it's about a couple of doctors who "explore the possibility" that your diet can control whether or not you get diabetes, or heart disease, for example, is misleading.
I would describe it as: 2 doctors present irrefutable scientific data collected over 30 years that proves beyond reasonable doubt that your diet can simply cause or prevent you from getting heart disease, or diverts, and in many cases (if you are not already over 70 or 80 years old, for instance) your diet can even reverse or cure symptoms of those two illnesses--the two most prevalent in the United States, diseases that kill more Americans each year than auto accidents and narcotics overdoses do, combined.
I'm an iconoclast by birth; I love it when someone proves that everything schools teach children is complete and utter (should have written udder) bullshit, because our government is owned by The American Cheese Society, et al, Beef, USA and whoever else gets millions of dollars of taxpayer money every year to produce more High Fructose Corn Syrup to add to every food Americans consume.
I think it is sad, when I have visited countries in Europe, and Asia, and parents there point and explain to their children, see the group of gigantic fat people, dear? Those are the Americans.
^^^^^^^True Story^^^^^^
Rotten Tomatoes gives this a 61%. 39% of viewers are afraid of ever changing anything in their lives before they die. Although nothing besides change is guaranteed to any of us from now until our imminent deaths, there are many who say, I can stand any of life's indignities, as long as I don't ever have to change the way I think or behave or feel, all is well in my world. I'm not even going to die like everyone else! I belong to a group who believes we only, have everlasting life. Would you like to join? No? Your loss. Enjoy death. Hahahahahaha! Then they leave and go through the drive through line to bring home KFC to the family, after church, following the Food Pyramid that the beef industry wrote in their school books.
May 2, 2016
Made me go vegan over night
½ April 6, 2016
It's boring and repetitive as a movie and pretty light on information for a documentary.
½ March 1, 2016
So glad I watched this. It makes me even more sure I'm doing the right thing. I want to find it with swedish subtitles so I can show it to my grandparents and parents.
January 15, 2016
Very important movie about food and health
January 8, 2016
This documentary changed my life!
December 28, 2015
Not the most entertaining documentary ever, but the wealth of fascinating knowledge makes up for it.
October 10, 2015
nice arguments for switching over to vegetarian diet. But why is it not taught in health or medical education?
September 15, 2015
I don't agree with the vegetarian lifestyle and I definitely don't agree with a movie that says it's about health, but tricks you into watching a vegetarian inspired flick.
August 5, 2015
Inspiring if a bit dull at times. introduction to really interesting scientists and studies.