Forks Over Knives - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forks Over Knives Reviews

½ October 5, 2016
Now let me put this up front, this is basically vegan propaganda - packaged nicely. They are going after multiple enemies though, so it can be a little muddled and repetitive. The regular things we should stop eating - meat, refined sugars and dairy products. Even so, it definitely makes me question HOW much meat we eat, and the affect that has on us.
½ August 24, 2016
Forks Over Knives is a very eye-opening, well-researched documentary. It is very matter-of-fact and even a little insulting at times, however; Food,Inc. is a little more subtle than this one.
½ July 17, 2016
The info is sound, but Jesus Christ, this movie is boring. The narrator's voice is also kind of grating. I will never believe that vegetarianism is the answer for everyone, but Paleo, Mediterranean, veganism, Keto, and other diets based in whole foods are key to us getting healthier as a nation. Every road is different for everyone, but over processed foods just aren't good for you when it is the core of your nutrition.
June 10, 2016
I think that the description of the film, that it's about a couple of doctors who "explore the possibility" that your diet can control whether or not you get diabetes, or heart disease, for example, is misleading.
I would describe it as: 2 doctors present irrefutable scientific data collected over 30 years that proves beyond reasonable doubt that your diet can simply cause or prevent you from getting heart disease, or diverts, and in many cases (if you are not already over 70 or 80 years old, for instance) your diet can even reverse or cure symptoms of those two illnesses--the two most prevalent in the United States, diseases that kill more Americans each year than auto accidents and narcotics overdoses do, combined.
I'm an iconoclast by birth; I love it when someone proves that everything schools teach children is complete and utter (should have written udder) bullshit, because our government is owned by The American Cheese Society, et al, Beef, USA and whoever else gets millions of dollars of taxpayer money every year to produce more High Fructose Corn Syrup to add to every food Americans consume.
I think it is sad, when I have visited countries in Europe, and Asia, and parents there point and explain to their children, see the group of gigantic fat people, dear? Those are the Americans.
^^^^^^^True Story^^^^^^
Rotten Tomatoes gives this a 61%. 39% of viewers are afraid of ever changing anything in their lives before they die. Although nothing besides change is guaranteed to any of us from now until our imminent deaths, there are many who say, I can stand any of life's indignities, as long as I don't ever have to change the way I think or behave or feel, all is well in my world. I'm not even going to die like everyone else! I belong to a group who believes we only, have everlasting life. Would you like to join? No? Your loss. Enjoy death. Hahahahahaha! Then they leave and go through the drive through line to bring home KFC to the family, after church, following the Food Pyramid that the beef industry wrote in their school books.
May 2, 2016
Made me go vegan over night
½ April 6, 2016
It's boring and repetitive as a movie and pretty light on information for a documentary.
½ March 1, 2016
So glad I watched this. It makes me even more sure I'm doing the right thing. I want to find it with swedish subtitles so I can show it to my grandparents and parents.
January 15, 2016
Very important movie about food and health
January 8, 2016
This documentary changed my life!
December 28, 2015
Not the most entertaining documentary ever, but the wealth of fascinating knowledge makes up for it.
October 10, 2015
nice arguments for switching over to vegetarian diet. But why is it not taught in health or medical education?
September 15, 2015
I don't agree with the vegetarian lifestyle and I definitely don't agree with a movie that says it's about health, but tricks you into watching a vegetarian inspired flick.
August 5, 2015
Inspiring if a bit dull at times. introduction to really interesting scientists and studies.
June 9, 2015
Extremely informative, this documentary should be shown in as many places as possible. I'm surprised it didn't receive big distribution deals. A must watch.
June 6, 2015
The message is spot-on, but the documentary is only so-so.
½ April 17, 2015
Very informative even if you question the validity of The China Study.
February 28, 2015
It never tells the audience if it is zero animal foods or just more plant based foods. Could have been more specific and deeper on the subject!
January 2, 2015
interesting information, but even close to add entertaining as super size me.
November 27, 2014
This movie is one of the reasons that so many people ignorant about diet and that so much wrong info is out there. I guess it should be no shock when they are citing studies WRONG and using all info from decades ago. In fact in the USA most cancers are higher than in many other countries like Japan, Africa, Korea and so on. The difference is that they eat fresh not processed meats and lots of them, plenty of fresh veggies and fruits and little to no processed foods, carbohydrates or sugars. You can eat as much meat as you want and you won't gain weight, within reason of course. It's the type of meat that matters. If it's a processed burger that's in between a bun then; yup you will gain weight. And it'll be the bun the causes the most weight gain. Carbohydrates are not meant to be in your diet at all. Carbs actually break down as sugar which rises your insulin levels and when your insulin is high your body can't burn fat and so it just stores it. So if you keep eating carbs and sugars you rise your insulin and you never burn fat and so you just keep storing it. Carbs will also leave you feeling hungry again after a very short period of time. So you will keep storing fat and always feel hungry if you eat a lot of carbs. Plus sugar is addicting like a drug so you will also crave more carbs and sweets with the more you eat. This makes losing the weight and staying healthy impossible if you think meat is the problem. For example; when the woman in the movie was at Walmart and wanted a meatball sub, the call should have been to tell her to get a meatball salad. She could have the sub without the bread and she would lose the weight and be even healthier. There is one fact only that they have right and that is that we should not drink cow milk. In fact if you are going to ignore the warning to not drink the milk you must at least drink the highest fat milk possible. Cow's milk actually leaches calcium from the body. Plus it can activate certain cancer genes. I have NEVER drank milk in 33 years as I am allergic. I don't take calcium pills either. I had a bone density test two years ago and I have very dense bones. They are perfect. We need meat though and by meat I mean organic, free range antibiotic free, just plain healthy meats. There are certain things that you can't replace from plants and supplements. For one red meat has High levels of zinc. If your skin looks more wrinkled, your cuts take longer to heal, your sense of taste or smell changes, you get sick more often, you are having trouble getting pregnant while vegan or vegetarian than you might need more zinc or red meat.