Forrest Gump - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forrest Gump Reviews

July 5, 2017
Life IS like a box of chocolates, and what we got here is something more special than Forrest's one-of-a-kind personality and characteristics. So come dive head in into the unpredictable, eventful life of THE Forrest Gump.
July 5, 2017
A sterling masterpiece and pop culture phenomenon that explores the virtues of innocence, and the pain in being unable to look past the clouds. It's a sappy and sentimental affair, to be fair, but it is also an incredibly balanced one.

American film icon Robert Zemeckis keeps things moving at a brisk pace, and directs some stellar performances from his extremely talented cast.
July 4, 2017
Forrest Gump is based on a different young boy from child hood to adult hood as he falls in love, makes friends, and blesses people all over the world throughout his life! Forrest Gump was an amazing movie! The acting was on point, it made me cry, laugh, and it was darn right heart warming! Tom Hanks perfected his character in a way that no one else can! He won many awards for his performance and his character made me fall in love with the whole movie! The first time I saw the movie was a month ago and I have seen it 4 whole times! I love the movie and will never get enough of Tom Hanks In Forrest Gump!
June 30, 2017
April 3rd 2012
June 30th 2017
June 27, 2017
An instant classic honestly. Why cannot there be more movies like this? I don't know. Just the idea of a guy telling random strangers his life story on a bench is amazing. This movie combines great character development, realistic war horrors, and a heart-warming ending. You can't really bring this movie down by saying it has many "cliches" because it's arguably the birth of some cliches movies use. And I'm really glad they just left the masterpiece as it is and not bother with a sequel. There's really no need.
½ June 26, 2017
This is a classic drama and probably Tom Hanks' best movie. It is heartwarming and entertaining.
June 25, 2017
One of, if not, my favorite movies of all time. The plot in the movie is incredible, telling the story of of the most kind hearted and adventurous characters, who goes on the biggest adventures you could possibly go through. His life is one big adventure you will not want too miss.
June 24, 2017
This is one of the best movies ever made. "Forrest Gump" is comical, tragic, and heartwarming all at the same time. Every time I watch Forrest Gump, I can't help but tear up and be amazed at Hanks' incredible performance. This is his best performance, as he is able to capture the essence of this character without making Gump shallow or cringeworthy. Alan Silvestri's beautiful score has always resonated with me, and represents life itself. What makes the film so incredible is the fact that Forrest Gump was just a normal guy waiting for the bus, but with a truly amazing story. Above all, Forrest Gump is a tale of life, and how one responds to it. Just like the floating feather, we are all drifting through the world, from one place to the next. Forrest Gump is an incredible film, and deserves nothing less than 5 stars.
June 22, 2017
one of the best movies I have ever seen.
June 21, 2017
Not sure why this film gets as much praise as it does. The story and concept is about as silly as it can get. And not silly in a good it. It is also highly repetitive. Sure Tom Hanks did a good job but I can't compliment the film much besides that.
June 16, 2017
One of the best movies of all time
June 15, 2017
There is a list of mine containing my favourite films. Forrest Gump is the n.o. 1.
June 9, 2017
Absolutely fantastic! Great story,great performances,great soundtrack.Absolutely emotional for anybody who's watchin' it.I'm just in love with Tom Hanks,he's just a brilliant actor,he proves it in all of his movies.I think nobody can say that he/she doesn't like this movie.Absolutely breathtaking and all deserved oscars !
June 1, 2017
superb movie!!! anyone eles says different is unamerican lol
May 28, 2017
One of the best Tom Hanks performances ever.
May 22, 2017
81% - Forrest Gump is a weirdly executed film, but the drama created between characters make this piece of cinema quite exquisite and very engaging to watch.
May 21, 2017
Never have I seen a movie where a character (Tom Hanks) indulges on an adventure that seems you through time like Forrest Gump. Fun for all ages.
May 20, 2017
Forrest Gump was the best movie I have ever seen. The inspirational story of a simple minded man experienceing one of the most important moments in American history. Forrest is probably the most likable character in all of film. you will root for him this whole film. I won't spoil anything but I never cried so hard at a movie at the end of Forrest Gump. It's a much watch it's a great family movie but if your kids are above 11. I'm not saying don't let your young kids whatch the movie but for only certain scenes. In clusion Forrest Gump came out in the golden year for
½ May 13, 2017
JUST KEEP RUNNIN FOREST
May 7, 2017
As far as movies go, this is almost flawless.

Tom Hanks does a wonderful job as Forrest Gump and so does Robin Wright as Jenny Curan.

Only Robert Zemecis can make such an amazing spectacle of a film.