Forrest Gump - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forrest Gump Reviews

September 24, 2016
Hanks rightly won an Oscar for his performance. So many parts to this movie that are quotable. That being the case, if this is a chocolate then it's certainly sweet in the middle.
September 22, 2016
Great acting by Tom Hanks, as usual. The story is a feel good type story with some disappointment at the end of the film...A must watch 90's film! 5/5 OR 10/10
September 20, 2016
One of the best films in history
September 18, 2016
This movie appeared to be a "dumb" movie but after you watch it you end up learning so much about life. Probably one of Tom Hanks greatest performances ever.
September 14, 2016
There are some fantastic laughs in this, and many clever references to history in the later half of the twentieth century, though occasionally the sheer absurdity of it all wins out.
½ September 7, 2016
A wonderful story of a man through his life and how he interprets it.
September 4, 2016
One of the most uplifting and optimistic films of all time!!!
August 24, 2016
without the least reservation it is the greatest movie of all times!
August 23, 2016
Wonderful, wonderful.
½ August 23, 2016
A character who I can relate in almost every sense and fashion! One of my favorite films of all time!
August 21, 2016
Come on its Forrest Gump it's a white washed America history movie with a slow in head fast guy pestering people on a bus stop bench
½ August 21, 2016
Good and fun movie! very entertaining and surprisingly good fighting. i felt like the acting was off some and it dragged on to long but overall was good.
August 16, 2016
When the human drama in Forrest Gump feels real, then I cannot look at this film as a piece of fiction, but rather realistic events of such a realistic character.
August 14, 2016
Tom hanks did great with is acting and that's what I appreciate is great acting.
½ August 9, 2016
Phenomenal story delivered perfectly by Tom Hanks. This movie really makes you think about the effect one man can have on the world and the people around him. It provides the viewer with morals to live by mixed in with humor and at times tragedy, but regardless you can count on Forrest to keep you entertained.
½ August 7, 2016
This movie is wonderful. It tells an incredible story, and has a perfect balance of funny moments and heart-felt moments.
Forrest Gump is a phenomenal character. He is innocent and unaware, but is thrust into all these historical events. His innocence provides a humorous narration of these moments. His innocence, though, also makes him oblivious to the bad around him. You feel your heart hurting when Forrest's innocence leads him to heartbreak.
The acting in this movie is amazing and convincing. Even the characters with only a few lines deliver their lines so well. And Tom Hanks, well, he's Tom Hanks. Incredible actor, everyone knows. I do though, want to really appreciate how well he played Forrest. The voice he had for him was consistent throughout the entire movie, during cheerful and sad scenes. And even the way he walks, acts, the small gestures. All this leads to creating character depth in Forrest.
My one complaint in this movie is that they push for too many historical events to happen. Especially during the end. Forrest's story is 70% historical events, and 30% of his actual life. And Jenny's life completely represents historical culture, with nothing personal to her in it.
In the end though, this movie is charming and humorous. You see an innocent man grow and change, and hear his humorous narration of major historical events that he lived through. Although this movie isn't one of my absolute favorites, I would watch it again.
½ August 7, 2016
Slow dimwitted southern boy grows up to become a folk hero as he tells his bizarre adventures on a park bench. Hanks makes the title character an affectionate, lovable guy that audiences related to.
August 4, 2016
One of the greatest movies ever made. Critics only gave it a 72% LOL )less than they gave the 2016 Ghostbusters) smh
August 4, 2016
This is the 3rd movie in my top 10 list of all time and so far i have only found 4 of my top 10. Amazing
August 2, 2016
Begin my favorite movie of all time, this is a very emotion film with a perfect preformence by Tom Hanks that didn't go too far, and revolutionary CGI effects, and directing by Robert Zemeckis and very interesting, but simple story that is easy to follow. This film is truly worthy of appericiation by people that like movies.