The Forsaken - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Forsaken Reviews

October 31, 2015
Well, at least they were Pretty Young Vampires
July 27, 2015
This film is highly underrated, and is actually quite fun with solid performances from its young cast, who, unfortunately never really went on to bigger or better things except made for TV stuff. If you enjoyed "Near Dark" or "Vampires" you'll probably like this and it was ahead of its time dealing with "no fangs" vampires that was made popular with the "Twilight" series of films (this one is much more entertaining).
June 4, 2015
Has any other creature spawned more bad movies than the vampire genre?Sadly this is about average for the crap that comes from this genre.
April 28, 2015
This could've used some better acting but other than that its actually a real decent and sexy vampire flick.
½ March 31, 2015
Very overlooked and underrated. Smith and Fehr have great chemistry, while the effects are passable and the directing reflects the satire it's trying to represent. But, yes nothing original. Just a good time.
December 16, 2014
Horrible!!! Very Gory and Bloody. It was exactly like The Lost Boys Trilogy.
December 24, 2013
The look of the Forsaken is fine, everything else is bad. Except for the acting. The acting is terrible.
½ June 30, 2013
Fuck the reviews, this ones cool.
½ February 18, 2013
WIth this cast, I want it to be better than it was.
February 2, 2013
Aweful. No tension at all in this presumably horror-thriller. Well, not that I expected something different, but I had nothing to do, so I watched it.
January 31, 2013
A simple cross-country trip turns into a fierce battle for survival when a group of desert vampires set their sights and Sean and his new traveling companion in THE FORSAKEN. THE FORSAKEN borrows generously from films like NEAR DARK and John Carpenter's VAMPIRES, only to come off feeling unoriginal and uninspired. We spend the majority of our time with our hero Sean (Kerr Smith), who spends the entire time worrying about his car and making it to his sister's wedding despite the unholy terrors that are unfolding around him. Johnathon Schaech serves as a decent villain, but his vampire cohorts range from being minor annoyances to complete distractions. Phina Oruche's ungodly performance, in particular, detracts from everything else that is occurring on screen. The action and horror are both bland and predictable, and although the plot introduces some interesting new ideas to the vampire mythos, it frequently contradicts itself. If we are to believe that vampirism is a virus, why would killing the head vampire cure anyone that has been bitten? Overall, THE FORSAKEN is familiar and bloody enough to earn a passing grade for vampire fans.
January 22, 2013
I once said Kerr Smith would be the next action hero. This movie killed ALL chances of that happening. I still sad. Me mad.
½ November 16, 2012
I really like this movie. Yeah there are a few things that would make it a little better but overall it got my attention and kept me wanting to see what happened next!!!!!
½ October 28, 2012
Gritty and dark, The Forsaken is a frightening vampire thriller. The story follows a driver who's transporting a car to Miami, but runs afoul of a group of vampires when he picks up a hitchhiker that turns out to be a vampire hunter. The film has quite a unique vampire mythology, and the plot is rather interesting. However, the directing is weak and some of the acting is particularly poor. The Forsaken is entertaining and has a fair amount of action, but it has its share of problems too.
August 26, 2012
Not terrible, but not great either...
June 1, 2012
Not at all like the N64 game.
Japes
½ May 16, 2012
Kerr Smith is so gorgeous.

Pretty bad movie, interesting premise, but awful script and cinematography. I watched the whole thing, but if it wasn't for Kerr I wouldn't have watched it. Cool title for the movie "The Forsaken" sounds so badass. Too bad it wasn't. Could've been though had I rewritten and directed it.
April 17, 2012
90210 meets wrong Turn meets Near Dark
March 3, 2012
Not totally bad, but definitely an off the wall vampire flick...It had its moments for a interesting "B" flick"
February 21, 2012
i enjoy watching this movie