Four Last Songs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Four Last Songs Reviews

July 19, 2015
this was a good indie flick... not great but definitely entertaining enough for a watch. docked one point for cheesy lines and another half a point for one bad actor.
March 22, 2013
Tucci was brilliant in this film. I loved his passion about "serious musicianship" and how he treats the people around him. I loved the closing scenes where he finally got to give his own piano concert. Tons of seemingly irrational and childish folks abound on that village.
½ March 22, 2013
Nice Mediterranean and musical backdrop -- but the tension of the disparate characters sets up too much tension in the beginning, which forces the viewer to wait for the ending cadence, which, after waiting so long, ends up being bittersweetly unsatisfying.
½ September 26, 2011
Charming, I love listening to the piano
LWOODS04
June 29, 2011
Cast: Emmanuelle Seigner, Jena Malone, Rhys Ifans, Maria Esteve, Stanley Tucci, Hugh Bonneville, Karl Johnson, Jessica Hynes

Director: Francesca Joseph

Summary: American pianist Larry (Stanley Tucci) tries to arrange a concert of a recently deceased composer's work at a Mediterranean getaway, only to be fought tooth and nail by the island's inhabitants. The dead man's widow, his beautiful mistress, nosy and drunken neighbors, a jealous girlfriend and a suddenly appearing long-lost daughter only add to Larry's troubles.

My Thoughts: "The film has a fun talented cast who portrays some great unique characters. The story is sweet, sad, and dramatic. The film has quirky written all over it. There are brothers in heartbreak over a mothers passing. A wife scorned by a deceased husband who had an mistress. A mistress who can't find love again. A musician who's talent has never seen the outside of a restaurant. A young nineteen yr old looking for a relationship from a father she never knew. There are a lot of things happening in the film. The thing that makes the film is not just the story, but the characters. I absolutely loved Rhys Ifans in the film as Dickie. He was a fun emotional wreck, and I loved every minute of his character. Stanley Tucci is always wonderful in any film he's in. I love Jena Malone and try to see every film she is in. I love her acting. She was great as Frankie. If you love indie films, then you might just love this film."
½ January 26, 2011
I couldn't even get through the first 30 minutes it was so boring.
August 30, 2010
klimaty wyspiarsko-toskansko-sielskie-anielskie, czyli cos co dobze znamy i czasami lubimy. na dokladke swietni aktorzt
½ June 23, 2010
Fun ... at least enough for not regretting watching this movie. :)

Stanley Tucci, Jena Malone and all the others are great actors.
It was the first time I saw Rhys Ifans in a movie (at least conciously) and I think he'll be a wonderful Xenophilius Lovegood. (-> looking forward to Harry Potter 7)
½ September 13, 2009
Amazing Movie. I enjoyed every bit of it.
September 3, 2009
Nothing but a rare beauty like Jena Malone could ever force me to watch such a weak film, and nothing including her could ever force me to watch it a second time round...
½ February 9, 2009
Good flick ..easy on your eyes and mind:)
January 22, 2009
A keenly observed comic drama with a heady blend of music, self-delusion, love, lust and angst amid the olive groves.
January 18, 2009
wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch...its got a really good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie..i think that stanley tucci is brilliant as larry throughout this movie...i think that rhys ifans is good throughout this movie..i think that the director of this Comedy
movie had done a really good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie n its a really enjoyable movie 2 watch
½ January 18, 2009
I enjoyed this film even if it's not that great.
January 17, 2009
This is a slow paced movie but the dialogue saves it, it's witty and relevant, without too many words. Have to pay attention to details, or you get lost quickly. What kept me interested was the beautiful landscape & balanced amount of drama, humor. The passion everyone has in the movie, for different things, makes it relevant to anyone.
January 17, 2009
A slow people watcher, but not only are the characters not endearing, they're all boring, not even the gorgeous setting can save this one.
½ December 1, 2008
nice setting and beautiful music...
November 10, 2008
Not a lot to work with here. The performances were good but the plot was boring.
June 16, 2008
a movie about nothing in particular where expats living on a spanish island get to know each other a little bit, not too much.
April 7, 2008
I have to say, you need to endure the first half of the movie to enjoy it. It's too slow and pointless at the beginning to be anything more than decent indie movie. Tucci is interesting but Ifans steals the whole show everytime he's on the screen. Not bad, but nothing more...