The Fourth Wise Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fourth Wise Man Reviews

December 7, 2014
What a great way to remind us the of the reason for the season!
½ April 20, 2014
The film is rather short and some of the visuals are dated but the core of the story remains. A great family film about a man and his search for God. You don't have be be religious to enjoy this film.
½ July 2, 2012
It may be considered nerdy, but I enjoy right much Christian cinema. I'm a sucker for entertainment of all kinds, and Christian media--books, movies, music, and television--rarely fails to deliver, in my opinion. It's no surprise that, when I saw "The Fourth Wise Man" on DVD at a yard sale for a dollar, I picked it up. What did I think? It wasn't amazing...but it was good. The actors, especially Martin Sheen, did a great job, and the film made for an excellent portrayal of how to *truly* seek Jesus. It also had an old-school charm going for it. However, some problems did exist: The film was quite pokey and the music was cheesy and/or annoying at times. I did feel a bit misled by the back cover summary, which said the story was "told in gently comic terms." I saw nothing humorous in it; the closest it came to "comic" was the usage of multiple exclamation points at the end of some sentences in the closed captioning, something I've never seen in all my years of watching TV and movies in "CC" mode. Still, those who enjoy old-school biblical epics, or are looking for a good film for an adult church movie night, should seek this out, but only as a rental at first.
December 3, 2010
You must take a look of this before Christmas!
½ December 28, 2009
Great movie with a biblically sound message.
March 22, 2008
This movie was made on a shoestring budget, but the beautiful writing and acting more than make up for that deficiency. It is a heartwarming fable which however rings ever so true about what it really means to follow Jesus. That last line of Martin Sheen gave me the goosebumps: "We have found the King, and He has accepted all my gifts!"
February 25, 2008
A Terrific little hidden gem. Martin Sheen shines as the fourth wise man in search for Jesus during his lifetime. A great film with good teachings. Highly recommended to all Christians and non-Christians.
December 6, 2007
this is a very up-lifting tale about the fourth wise man who spends his entire adult life looking for Jesus.
November 17, 2007
This is really good heading into Thanksgiving and Christmas.
October 23, 2007
this wqs an ok movie, not as good as it could have been, martin sheen was kinda out of his element as portraying a wiseman, hes always a bad guy, lol so its hard to watch him be good. but the story is ok, but it could have been lots better.
June 18, 2007
I saw this movie when I was 10, and LOVED it. I never saw it again.
½ January 2, 2007
An excellent Christmas movie, or good morals for any time of the year.