The Fox and the Hound 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fox and the Hound 2 Reviews

½ August 1, 2017
A totally unnecessary sequel, interquel, I would have preferred to see the storyline continue from the first film! Reba McEntire and Patrick Swazwy were the only thing that made watching it bearable!
July 17, 2017
Bad Disney sequel movie.
June 12, 2017
Holy flying flapjacks, this movie sucks! It's dreadful! OK, maybe I'm exaggerating my hatred for this movie a little bit, and maybe it's not the worst Disney sequel I've watched, but it is most certainly among one of the worst! It is a major step down from the first one in terms of writing quality and the characters are uninteresting and not worth caring for. Even with the new characters, they shouldn't even exist in this movie's universe! But the worst thing about it is that the plot is an absolute joke! The idea of Tod and Copper joining a dog band sounds so stupid, and such an awful idea on paper! I will hand it to the animators for doing a good job on the animation, but in spite of that, The Fox And The Hound 2 is pointless, stupid, and did not need to be made!
May 30, 2017
I saw this movie and I say boo not a good movie
½ March 26, 2017
Totally useless, then again a lot of the Disney sequels are. The only positive thing I can say about this film is the animation actually might be a bit better than the first one (though the CG that they add doesn't at all look convincing), so I would skip it unless you just want to see Todd and Copper on a random adventure.
January 29, 2017
not good story sucks
December 26, 2016
Completely pointless and doesn't feel like it fits into the original story at all. Plus, the plot is just plain stupid. Copper joins a band of country-singing dogs?! And you thought "Home on the Range" was bad. Also, you could make a drinking game out of how many times they use similes (but you might die)
October 24, 2016
This animation it looks great. I like this Sequel.
August 27, 2016
Just a normal Disney movie to DVD just to make money. Just as bad as the others.
½ August 12, 2016
The Fox and the Hound 2 is by no means a good film, and it completely fails at being a Fox and the Hound sequel, but it does some things right.
Grade: C-
August 6, 2016
The Fox and the Hound join a bluegrass band. That set up works great as a
one off improve set, but it doesn't make for a good narrative. As with all the direct to video Disney films, nothing interesting or original is allowed to be put into action. Not only that, but since this is a prequel to the original, no matter how you try and end it on an affirmative note, you're still right where you were at the beginning. Right in the middle of the Fox and the Hound being torn apart by society.
July 4, 2016
I just finished watching this film and I didn't find it bad. This film is truly a good film with new characters along with old characters. Great songs and I especially love Reba McEntire in it and Patrick Swayze along with Jeff Foxworthy. I have no clue why so many people don't care for this film. If people don't like it, that's fine, but I do.
½ March 25, 2016
buena? En lo absoluto. Es la peor secuela que Disney ha realizado a alguno de sus clásicos y cuyo único aspecto posivito es ser una película "feliz" y muy feliz realmente, cómo no va a ser la película más feliz del mundo si jamás pone a sus personajes en real peligro? El guión fue lo que menos me agrado, fue terrible!!
½ March 19, 2016
Why does this have a 0% it's a great movie. While some parts of it aren't great everything else is good. The songs are the best in any Disney squeal that I've seen. The story is well put together and the conflicts seem realistic and relatable, if anyone was in this type of situation.
January 28, 2016
They should not have made a 2 one to this movie it did not have a good plot. And in the 1st one Todd and Coper where all grown up so I think they should just left it at that.
January 18, 2016
Love it an Exellent movie
½ September 4, 2015
kids movie that is not enjoyable, this is a typical sequel cash in
July 15, 2015
There's a heart with some appeals that'll bring enjoyment like one of them is that the animation's good but at the same time dull with adding more depth into the silliness because of the usual DTV sequels blanket covering the original's magic for the unnecessary extra warmth. (B-)
½ July 1, 2015
I go easy on these straight to video movies, for petes sake i gave hunchback 2 a 5.5/10 even though it would be a 2/10 on a good day. But this movie is just awful. Everything lovable about the characters are gone. In the original Coppers owner and Chief werent bad people, they just were hunters who were territorial. Its a flaw, but they arent bad guys. In this, Coppers owner is an ass and Chief is an idiot! Chief of all characters, a smart dog who is a great hunter, is given a hicks voice and is turned into a tool. Copper and Todd are annoying and it upsets me to hear a song that says best friends forever in it while they are playing. If youve seen the first movie youll know shit gets real. This movie may be the worst disney sequel ever -1/10
½ January 20, 2015
Horrendous, unimaginative, idiotic are just a few words to describe this god awful piece of sh*t. I only watched the fox and the hound once as a kid and even so the sequal still sucks. If you like the fox and the hound, DON'T SEE THIS SEQUAL!!!