The Fox and the Hound 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fox and the Hound 2 Reviews

February 14, 2018
What do I have to say to this movie? It's pointless. It's stupid. It's hard to get through. I loved the original. The first part and the ending, I do have to say, are actually the best part of the film. Also, Reba McEntire, Patrick Swayze, Jonah Bobo, and Jeff Foxworthy? That just made me say, "Oh my God. What the hell did I just watch?" It's just another typical sequel that fails to bring the original's spirit into this movie. It adds in new characters that we never saw in the first one, four of the original characters are removed, the motive jumps the shark, and it makes us forget about the Fox and the Hound, even though that's the name of the freaking title. The only positives, shamefully, are the beginning, the end, and the soundtrack. Aside from those, this has to be the worst Disney movie I have seen. It even made me lose my composure while watching Tod walk like an Egyptian in one of the song numbers. There are many words to describe this movie. Pardon my French, but one particular word comes to my mind: "Shit". That's what this movie is.
January 5, 2018
cute family tale that adds more from the original story
½ December 20, 2017
Worst Disney movie I have ever seen. Avoid. This movie will ruin your viewing of the original. The fact that it went straight to DVD just goes to show that Disney mainly used this film as an excuse to make more money.
November 20, 2017
I remember watching it when I was about 8, at that time, I loved it. today, now that I am matured, I see it's just a little bit less good, but I still give it a three.
September 4, 2017
Not a fan of this movie the plot was not good they should not have made a SQL
½ August 1, 2017
A totally unnecessary sequel, interquel, I would have preferred to see the storyline continue from the first film! Reba McEntire and Patrick Swazwy were the only thing that made watching it bearable!
July 17, 2017
Bad Disney sequel movie.
June 12, 2017
Holy flying flapjacks, this movie sucks! It's dreadful! OK, maybe I'm exaggerating my hatred for this movie a little bit, and maybe it's not the worst Disney sequel I've watched, but it is most certainly among one of the worst! It is a major step down from the first one in terms of writing quality and the characters are uninteresting and not worth caring for. Even with the new characters, they shouldn't even exist in this movie's universe! But the worst thing about it is that the plot is an absolute joke! The idea of Tod and Copper joining a dog band sounds so stupid, and such an awful idea on paper! I will hand it to the animators for doing a good job on the animation, but in spite of that, The Fox And The Hound 2 is pointless, stupid, and did not need to be made!
May 30, 2017
I saw this movie and I say boo not a good movie
½ March 26, 2017
Totally useless, then again a lot of the Disney sequels are. The only positive thing I can say about this film is the animation actually might be a bit better than the first one (though the CG that they add doesn't at all look convincing), so I would skip it unless you just want to see Todd and Copper on a random adventure.
January 29, 2017
not good story sucks
December 26, 2016
Completely pointless and doesn't feel like it fits into the original story at all. Plus, the plot is just plain stupid. Copper joins a band of country-singing dogs?! And you thought "Home on the Range" was bad. Also, you could make a drinking game out of how many times they use similes (but you might die)
October 24, 2016
This animation it looks great. I like this Sequel.
August 27, 2016
Just a normal Disney movie to DVD just to make money. Just as bad as the others.
½ August 12, 2016
The Fox and the Hound 2 is by no means a good film, and it completely fails at being a Fox and the Hound sequel, but it does some things right.
Grade: C-
August 6, 2016
The Fox and the Hound join a bluegrass band. That set up works great as a
one off improve set, but it doesn't make for a good narrative. As with all the direct to video Disney films, nothing interesting or original is allowed to be put into action. Not only that, but since this is a prequel to the original, no matter how you try and end it on an affirmative note, you're still right where you were at the beginning. Right in the middle of the Fox and the Hound being torn apart by society.
July 4, 2016
I just finished watching this film and I didn't find it bad. This film is truly a good film with new characters along with old characters. Great songs and I especially love Reba McEntire in it and Patrick Swayze along with Jeff Foxworthy. I have no clue why so many people don't care for this film. If people don't like it, that's fine, but I do.
½ March 25, 2016
buena? En lo absoluto. Es la peor secuela que Disney ha realizado a alguno de sus clásicos y cuyo único aspecto posivito es ser una película "feliz" y muy feliz realmente, cómo no va a ser la película más feliz del mundo si jamás pone a sus personajes en real peligro? El guión fue lo que menos me agrado, fue terrible!!
½ March 19, 2016
Why does this have a 0% it's a great movie. While some parts of it aren't great everything else is good. The songs are the best in any Disney squeal that I've seen. The story is well put together and the conflicts seem realistic and relatable, if anyone was in this type of situation.
January 28, 2016
They should not have made a 2 one to this movie it did not have a good plot. And in the 1st one Todd and Coper where all grown up so I think they should just left it at that.