Frank Lloyd Wright - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frank Lloyd Wright Reviews

July 21, 2014
Detailed, with experts left and right. Wonderful vintage film/photos. Most importantly, Inspirational.
June 27, 2012
Just watched. The man was an a** but a genius nonetheless. Loved this!
February 4, 2012
Absolutely loved this. Burns & Co. nail it again.
½ January 24, 2012
Architecture nerds like me will love it but so will the casual admirers. The documentary shows how Frank Lloyd Wright is a one of a kind personality and a true genius. We come to understand his brilliance and great charisma but also see the side of him that was brash, judgmental, and incredibly arrogant. It is fascinating to hear about Wright‚(TM)s extravagant personal and family life. It does a pretty good job of touching on his work and its principles and his extraordinary career too, but what it does best is to offer an understanding of Wright as a person. It is filled with a number of interesting historians as well as first and secondhand accounts from family members, clients, associates, peers and enemies. It is well done and I enjoyed watching it.
October 11, 2011
I think this is really one of the better Ken Burns docs. Really captures the essence of the man and the times he lived in. Made me want to build something after watching it. That and get a steak in AZ.
September 30, 2011
If you're a fan, this is a must see!
March 18, 2010
A well-made documentary, as per usual for Ken Burns, and the subject is a brilliant as the filmmaker. Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture is beautifully photographed and analyzed, and his personal life is interesting to a point, but we're here to see the work, and it is astounding.
January 21, 2010
Another excellent film presentation by Ken Burns. Many believe Frank Lloyd Wright was America's greatest architect. Scenes, dialogue, actors' voices all show us a glimpse behind the massive ego. Highlights both his triumphs and tragedies...his friends and enemies...his strengths and weaknesses. Wright was a real piece of work as a human but a genius and artist as an architect! I highly recommend this movie!
December 1, 2009
What an amazing documentary. I have rarely seen a more detailed and precise biography, brilliantly edited together, incredible archive footage. The narration is excellent, well written. I was never bored for a second. What an amazing man.
December 1, 2009
September 21, 2009
Another great documentary by Ken Burns. I found this story fascinating.
August 2, 2009
super engrossing in that Ken Burns opiated way. phillip johnson's clear-eyed, but slightly bitchy, anecdotes were brief, highly entertaining, and surprisingly illuminating. we ate popcorn and drank a lot of wine and totally enjoyed it.
November 13, 2008
great documentary about the great architect. it's a two-parter, totalling almost 3 hours, but well worth all the details of this amazing, creative, notorious man's life
May 29, 2008
Ken burns did it again, interesting, well researched upon documentry of a leged, welll crafted.
May 27, 2008
The truth is more important than the facts...Tedious at times, but worth watching just for the stories about FLW's flair and extravagant personal affairs - and you may learn a little something about architecture.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
March 12, 2008
Ken Burns can show American history on the screen like no one else can. This tribute to America's architectural genius is made even better by the Beethoven soundtrack.
December 19, 2007
biography of Frank Lloyd Wright
½ October 19, 2007
Quite intriguing. He was a genius, but how likable was he actually?