Frankenfish - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenfish Reviews

½ February 21, 2014
Good, for a Syfy movie.
February 20, 2014
When it comes down to creature features there are the ones that are made to be just fun entertainment and there are the ones that are awful(new syfy originals or Asylum entertainment) but Frankenfish as a creature feature and as a film overall is nothing great or anything but it's nothing that is bad all it is supposed to be just to be fun entertainment for about 80+ minutes. I don't mind Frankenfish but it's nothing new or anything like that but it's just a fun action packed creature feature.
November 20, 2013
Movies like this need to be ridiculously over the top to be successful ("Piranha 3D" and "Anaconda"). This comes nowhere near that. In fact, it's really boring. FAIL.
November 11, 2013
Nevermind the title, the film is loads better. There are twists and turns in the plot that are quite exceptional, and it's a good laugh!
April 19, 2013
Anjelina jolie y bratt pith
January 20, 2013
The special effects and acting are so atrocious, I felt sick to my stomach.
½ December 25, 2012
please rent this movie
November 26, 2012
god this film was crap, I will never ever watch this film ever again, This film is probably one of the worst films I have ever seen, This film was crap actually it was beyond crap, it was horrendous
November 3, 2012
If you read the description for this movie and thought to yourself, "well, that sounds promising" you will get what you deserve when you watch Frankenfish. Complete with dreadful CGI/foam rubber Frankenfish, this one even features a subculture of swamp people which you will find both stereotypical and unsettling. If you get a chance to watch it FOR FREE (do NOT pay for this movie) Frankenfish is definitely worth a few laughs.
October 16, 2012
Find and catch Frankenfish and then cook it without watching it. There are few likable scenes of the film, but I was tired from this dire film. I say skip it.
October 12, 2012
where the fish are come from...
September 20, 2012
Watched it for free on crackle
September 5, 2012
Quite delightful, taken for what it is. A series of mutant fish escape from some tanker and kill a bunch of people in the swamp. I'm game. I've watched more ridiculous things put on by less talented people. Truth is, Frankenfish is not abysmal at all. I think most people that watch these are after the gore (like me) and the absurdity of it. There's plenty to be had in the way of creative kills and characters to hate on. I'd like to add a question to detractors of these kinds of films. What the fuck are you expecting?
½ July 26, 2012
My favorite sci-fi original movie. So hilarious and action packed, though I hate that they teased a les scene, but we got nothing of it...
June 25, 2012
Entertaining nonetheless, but the ending.....
June 16, 2012

I can actually say that this is, by far one of the best SyFy films, right amount of gore, good acting, and really good special effects. I can also say I enjoy watching this on occasions!
½ April 1, 2012
Calling this B-grade is a compliment. Z-grade, at best. Weak, unoriginal plot - could be any creature-horror movie. Lame direction - even the special effects are bad!

Wooden, one-dimensional acting.

March 21, 2012
This is not trash cinematography. It's just a a waste of time.
½ March 17, 2012
One of the better Sci-Fi Channel films in my opinion. A good monster and a great ending, characters could have used a little more work but it had some good scenes.
½ March 16, 2012
If you don't set your expectations any higher than for a fairly traditional B-horror flick, then you'll find it reasonably okay.