Frankenfish - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenfish Reviews

½ March 16, 2012
If you don't set your expectations any higher than for a fairly traditional B-horror flick, then you'll find it reasonably okay.
February 28, 2012
A MUST SEE!!! Thx Bonton!! Lol
½ February 14, 2012
The guy just randomly getting drunk while everyone dies is the best thing about this film. Hilarious.
November 28, 2011
OMG, this was the stupidest movie ever made. A horrible experience of sitting and watching this "B" movie on a Saturday night has left me scarred for life."
October 22, 2011
"Still, my favourite film of the genre." Creature feature lovers, will no doubt, enjoy this action packed, syfy-esque adventure. I know I did.
October 10, 2011
A weak SyFy flick with a weak story.
October 10, 2011
More fun than shark week....so to speak :)
September 29, 2011
Entertaining low budget B-movie about the inhabitants of a few boat-houses on a Louisianna swamp fending off a giant genetically engineered killer fish capable of breather on land.
The kind of poor special effects that are always so bad they're good. Whether it's a stoner getting his head bitten off to a giant swamp monster getting stuck in a swampboat propeller
May 24, 2011
where the fish are come from...
½ April 18, 2011
Not a bad b movie, pretty entertaining, fun and gory
½ April 15, 2011
No question one of the most enjoyable B Monster movies out there. A group of people stuck on a sinking sea boat are terrorised by a massive super enhanced fish that eats everything. Proper gory stuff and fast paced.
½ February 24, 2011
A group of inhabitants in the Louisiana swamps are terrorised by a group of fish that have been gentically modified to horrorfying proportions.

Mutated creature movies have been around for a long time and some of them are classics, but unfortunately 'Frankenfish' does not fall into this category. The story is weak to say the least, and with the stock characters, lack of action and the seen it all before ending, this movie doesn't have a lot going for it. I would go as far to say that even with the shortish running time, it is long and boring. The fish themselves are probably the only redeeming feature as the over the top design and hokey animation give them a comedic feel that suits them perfectly. There are many better examples of this type of film out there, and I urge you to go and fish them out.
January 9, 2011
This was ridiculous and stupid, but I laughed hysterically through about 90% of it, and that's why I deemed it worthy of a three-star rating. I would hardly call this horror, but I was incredibly entertained nonetheless.
January 3, 2011
Not to shabby for a movie about killer fish. On par with the first two Anaconda films, but it's no Tremors or Lake Placid

Also it co-stars China Chow, can't believe she uses that name. You may remember her from The Big Hit with Marky Mark (sans Funky Bunch).
October 4, 2010
For what it was, which is a straight to dvd monster movie, it was not bad. Good effects and good actors despite a semi-silly premise.
August 28, 2010
A lot better than i thought it would be. It ranks higher than many creature flicks i've watched recently, and could definitely watch this again at some point. The best part of this is that it doesn't follow the predictable route of other horrors, whereby you know who will survive and who won't. Aside from a few cheesy moments (in particular when some stoned hippie holds his head over the water), it managed to create action just when you least expected it. I thought it was going to become rather farfetched at the end when it introduced some 30 foot beast into the equation, just when you thought it was safe, but thankfullythis didn't last long enough to ruin what had been a pretty watchable film.
July 30, 2010
With a name like Frankenfish, you pretty much know what to expect: dodgy FX, dodgy script and dodgy (or should that be fishy?) acting. In all cases, you'd be right.
July 6, 2010
I rented this in hopes that it would rival the worst B-movie ever Curse of the Komodo. Not only did it rival said piece of feces it took a big steaming shitake down its throat!!!!

So much fun it hurt, And so bad it gave me herpes!!!!
½ July 5, 2010
Competent mutant fish flick in which a medical examiner goes to investigate a mysterious death in the swamps and soon finds himself trapped a host of disposable characters and one Christina Loveinterest on a series of houseboats as they are picked off one-by-one by the vicious fishies. Familiar stuff boasts some decent production values and some good kills, but the plot and shallow, one-dimensional characters sink this.
½ July 1, 2010
Sometimes I have no words.