Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster Reviews

bbcfloridabound
½ January 21, 2014
This is a really low-budget b/w movie but it is very entertaining. This movie has really aged well. Many sci-fi fans that see this movie for the first time will know what I'm talking about. I saw this 1965 movie for the first time in 2006 and loved it. I guess this one fits into the category "so bad it's great." But I consider this a damn good effort, especially considering the budget.

The movie is tons of laughs. The alien invaders have an Uncle Fester-looking adviser to a hot-looking queen, who looks kind of like Barbara Steele. They come invading Earth and run into a cyborg ("Frank") built by the good old USA to explore space. This movie even has a helicopter air assault in vintage transport choppers! AWESOME! They had to send the Army to help the cyborg defeat the bat-people aliens and their weapon of last resort - a fanged monster that the aliens themselves can barely control!!!!! This movie has EVERYTHING and any fan of classic sci-fi and 60's bikini party horror should really love it. 3 1/2 stars 12-28-13
½ September 16, 2013
Want something quick, lousy, and entertaining? Than this is the movie for you. There really isn't much to say but the movie is good. I mean its not great but its not bad by any means. The effects are cheesy and so is the acting. The make up effects are surprisingly okay and work well with the black and white shading. This movie is definitely up there with a cult following. If you're a fan of the cult movies than I would give this one a watch. Definitely worth the time. It has an original idea and a few good moments, check it out.
½ January 18, 2013
I'd love to know how small the budget was for this flick. The titular monsters don't even meet well into the movie. It's like something Ed Wood would make. Any knowledgeable film buff knows that's not a good thing to be compared to.
August 7, 2012
From the title of the movie, you'd think Frankenstein (the monster) would be meeting a space monster, but that's not true. Frankenstein is actually a human/robot named Frank, who tries and stops a Princess from kidnapping beautiful looking Women to help re-populate their planet.

The bald caps in this film look awful, but it's 1965, and even for that year they don't look good.
January 2, 2012
Well i aways like the movie.
November 22, 2011
Sin palabras... Que su otro título sea "Los marcianos invaden Puerto Rico" lo dice todo. Bueno, he soltado varias caracajadas... X´-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
October 12, 2011
space monster ????? lame
½ September 29, 2011
I am absolutely confident that nothing can go wrong

An alien war leads to an entire race of alien women being wiped out. The aliens decide to head to Earth which is stockpiled with females they can mate with. On their way to Earth they encounter an American spaceship manned by an android. They shoot down the spacecraft causing irepidible damage to the android. The spacecrafts, aliens, and android all land on Earth. The android may be the Earth's only chance to overcome the alien invasion.

"We have won the war but we have no women."

Robert Gaffney delivers Frankenstein and the Space Monster in his lone directorial effort. The storyline for this picture is a bit ridiculous and classic science fiction for the era. The action sequences are average but the makeup is fantastic and the soundtrack is outstanding. The acting is mediocre and the cast includes James Karen, Marilyn Hanold, and Lou Cutell.

"He's a robot not a man."

I was searching cable for a monster movie and came across this science fiction classic on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and decided to DVR it. Well, this could have been better. There was an obvious limited budget, premise and storyline; however, the makeup and costumes were very good. I'm not sure I could ever get past the scooter that kept appearing throughout this picture though; and also, I'm not sure why Frankenstein is in the title when that character was an android named Frank.

"We have no more time for failures."

Grade: C
½ May 1, 2011
Some aliens investigating earth's atmosphere mistake a NASA rocket launch for a missile attack. They shoot it down. Inside is a military android (a "United States Astro-Robot," to be exact) on his way to Mars. He crash lands in Peurto Rico and, because of his injuries, terrorizes the island. By the order of the hot dyke commander, the aliens also land on the island in order to kill him and kidnap hotties to have sex with. Very uneven, but some really good parts....for fans of Ed Wood. Interestingly this was distributed by Futurama Entertainment.
½ February 16, 2011
it's ok for a mid-60s sci-fi, having a bikini babe and pointed-eared martians, but sorta cheesy.
½ November 4, 2010
See love-starved creatures from another galaxy! See the invasion of the wild beach party! See a man turned into a screaming monster!
½ September 5, 2010
This is not really a Frankenstein movie. Instead it has NASA sending android (Frank) into space & being shot down by some martians who's planet has been rendered sterile by nuclear war. They come to earth to kidnap women who they find to be of good breeding stock while Frankie goes on a rampage in Puerto Rico until he collides w/ the aliens & takes on the space monster (who's not a bad design just in this far too little). Cheap & unintentionally funny that is threaded together w/ stock footage like an Ed Wood movie that would give Plan 9 a run for its money
August 22, 2009
Frankenstein is an astronaut and a robot. He has to fight a space monster that's mostly made up of an old gorilla suit. He has to stop Nadir (remember Shecky from It Came from Hollywood?) and his alien queen from abducting bikini-clad women. He has to put up with a goofy soundtrack made up of wannabe pop songs that suck really bad. What's not to love?
January 11, 2009
this is not a thriller... it's a funny movie! Aliens wants to pick up a lot of bikini girls and the Monster is a hero (ehhmm he's too outta mind...!) There's to save babes and to destroy alien monsters! nice 60s beat music soundtrack (and i know it better).
November 14, 2008
One of my favorite movies of all times.
½ June 27, 2008
Could have been made by Ed Wood.
½ June 12, 2008
Very very funny movie. My favorite scene is when the alien Queen says "No. Let's make an *example* of him".
May 23, 2008
This is a horrible title; Frankenstein is not even in this movie. Its only redeeming feature were the pointless, prolonged bikini party scenes. Horribly, hilariously bad...and obviously so.
April 18, 2008
A perfect b-movie with bad monsters, romantic subplots that take up too much time, musical interludes, bikini "babes", and a hysterically bad little man with a Doctor Evil pastiness and Spock ears, who repeats "And now....Maximum Energy!" with glee. Awesome.
March 31, 2008
Wow. Just...wow.
Uber cheezy 60's space age sci-fi with girls in bikinis, dudes w/ pointy ears and a surprisingly groovy soundtrack.