Frankenweenie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenweenie Reviews

April 19, 2016
Brilliant stop-motion in monochrome makes this Tim Burton directorial a fun watch.
½ April 2, 2016
Smart, Witty and Funny, Frankenwennie takes a smart and funny twist on Frankenstein and creates something new and proud. With the works of Tim Burton and Disney this couldn't go wrong.
January 2, 2016
Re-watched last night. Pretty excellent film. Very fun yet very understated. Felt like there was plenty of time to really enjoy this movie. As in, the film itself didn't feel rushed.
½ November 23, 2015
La verdad esperaba mucho más de un filme de Tim Burton, fue un poco decepcionante, la animacion eso si, es impecable y original. Los contras que tiene este filme son: la historia tiene climax e inicio super predecibles. FIN.
En serio, el plot es tan simplon que me parece arruina el 80% del panorama general.

Pity.
November 17, 2015
A delight. I just wish I could see it in 3D again.
November 2, 2015
Frankenweenie is a fun Halloween movie for kids, but it doesn't have much to offer adults. Personally, I prefer the 1984 live-action short this film was based on. However, the animation is clever and the voice acting is well done. I'd put this movie on the same level as Corpse Bride.
November 1, 2015
Halloween fodder for kids. Typically Burton.
October 31, 2015
One of our family's favorites, especially our dog's. Love, love, love this movie!
October 24, 2015
Great visuals and sweetly odd story.
October 24, 2015
A funny and cute horror movie spoof with emotion and quotes to remember!
October 19, 2015
After years of waiting for his beloved short to jump to feature length, Frankenweenie does not disappoint but does not fully satisfy either. With a strong first half, a funny and fresh script, and beautiful art direction; the only fault Frankenweenie has is the lack of confidence to end the film in a more adult note instead of the Disney preferred one it ends on.
½ October 16, 2015
While overall not a bad film with a great visual style and references to horror classics, the ending defeats the message built up throughout the entire film.
½ October 10, 2015
Cute, creative and loving homage to horror classics.
½ October 8, 2015
A sweet, little film about a boy and his dog that will touch a lot of people's hearts. "Frankenweenie" might be creepy for some adults and children due to its freaky animation, but for those who enjoy Tim Burton's work, this is a gem to keep. Even though its length and low substance are not as strong as the director's previous works.
½ September 5, 2015
Poor script, poor casting, poor me for wasting time watching this.
August 26, 2015
This heartwarming movie contains humor,story,and neat claymation. Frankenweenie is good movie for Tim Burton Fans. Review by Logan Cornn.
August 23, 2015
Dark and emotional, I feel we've seen this before...
August 22, 2015
While the references to the Universal Monsters are great, this film fails to deliver anything big. It is charming, simple, but also feels random and pieced together.
½ August 20, 2015
Although I haven't had much love for Burton's work since his late 90s stuff, this movie was a pleasant surprise. Maybe Burton hasn't lost his talent, he's just lost his passion. Most of his newer movies are formulaic and dull but this movie has a sense of wonder that I haven't seen from him since Ed Wood. I hope Burton continues to work on projects he's passionate about and not just ones that seem like cash-ins (cough couch, Dark Shadows, Alice in Wonderland, ect),