Frankenweenie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenweenie Reviews

½ June 1, 2016
The first 30 mins of the film are great, since the minute 31, the hole movie goes downhill. With unnecessary characters, a dumb end and one of the worst third act i never seen.
May 26, 2016
I don't think I'm being hyperbolic in saying that this is probably the most perfect movie Burton has ever made, and I dearly love many of them. This would have been my favorite movie of all time at 10 years old, and it spoke to deeply in both my modern obsession with the particulars of the genre and my childhood wonder at the mystery of it. Maybe I'm biased because of my personal connection to the film, but I really think when you break it down that this is easily one of the finest films Burrton has ever produced, and my favorite stop motion film I've ever seen (or horror spoof for that matter).
May 23, 2016
Burton brings about a charming world with innovative and beautiful animation. Despite the dreary monochromatic color scheme, the movie itself feels quite colorful, and the story is loving.
gwladys piperel
Review of the. movie Frankenwennie
This movie is a good short movie but I don't like the screenplay because it's a black and white movie and 80's movie... The film is directed by Tom Burton and dured 30,02 minutes.I give three stars. The story of the film is a life of the little boy who is a pricipal character of this movie. One day the dog of the boy died. Victor (the little boy) is very sad because he like Sparky (the dog). Victor is very intelligent because during the physical cour, he decide to bing by to life its dog with a electrick machines. The succeeds experience. Victor hide Sparky because any peoples can't look the new dog but her parent's look at the dog and protect Sparky. At the end the dog save the life of Victor. The movie is a good friendship. The pets and the sets are very simply because it's a house pets like desk... and the sets are kitchen or garden...I don't like the lighting because the movie are black and with movie. It's a Americain movie. The extra like the girl who have glasses are very crazy it's funny. The film score are a piano or a classic music. I don't like a specail effects of this film because there are very bad. This film looks like at Ted or cartoon film
May 12, 2016
frankenweenie is a movie directed by Tim burton and written by John august in october 5 2012 years ago and exit on DVD in january 8 2013.
this movie is a story of horror, animation, science-fiction and fantasy. this film durring 1h30 but we wathching 30m of this movie
it's the story of the yonger boy who speak of his life whis his best friend sparky who is the bog but sparky death.
yhe mane of the boy is victor and victore want help his sparky whith the electicity but is very difficult and the gog is verry strange. the dog dead to second foi and the peaple want the hep. the both best friends end the story together.

this story is very sad but very gooog.
the sets and the pets they very goo.
i very like this movie
****
May 12, 2016
Frankenweenie is a black and white film directed by Tim Burton. The film tells the story about a young boy who lost his dog, Sparky. Victor Frankenstein is the main character, he lives with his family and he has a "weird neighbourhood".
One day, Victor and Sparky were playing in the garden with a baseball ball when the dog was hit by a car. It was a very sad day for the family because they loved so much Sparky.. But Victor had an idea when he was in science class, he wants to Sparky lives against by electricity. And one night he did it.
I adore the cast because the neighbourhood is very funny and they play also very well the weird people.
I recommanded this film, it is original, funny and surprising. We can feel a lots of moods. Everyone can see this film, young to old.
I mean the music it's quite a suspens music because this is not too sad and happy.
At the end we are happy because the dog is alive even if it's a monster.
May 1, 2016
Hilarious and emotional. kinda. sorta. Loved LOVED tim burton cat. until it turned into a bat.
May 1, 2016
Well my boy seems to like the movie, I'm guessing the whole dog boy part. Its a bit dark for Disney, but Tim Burton is great. Its very different and genius for a kids movie. My kid likes it, I like it.
April 19, 2016
Brilliant stop-motion in monochrome makes this Tim Burton directorial a fun watch.
½ April 2, 2016
Smart, Witty and Funny, Frankenwennie takes a smart and funny twist on Frankenstein and creates something new and proud. With the works of Tim Burton and Disney this couldn't go wrong.
January 2, 2016
Re-watched last night. Pretty excellent film. Very fun yet very understated. Felt like there was plenty of time to really enjoy this movie. As in, the film itself didn't feel rushed.
½ November 23, 2015
La verdad esperaba mucho más de un filme de Tim Burton, fue un poco decepcionante, la animacion eso si, es impecable y original. Los contras que tiene este filme son: la historia tiene climax e inicio super predecibles. FIN.
En serio, el plot es tan simplon que me parece arruina el 80% del panorama general.

Pity.
November 17, 2015
A delight. I just wish I could see it in 3D again.
November 2, 2015
Frankenweenie is a fun Halloween movie for kids, but it doesn't have much to offer adults. Personally, I prefer the 1984 live-action short this film was based on. However, the animation is clever and the voice acting is well done. I'd put this movie on the same level as Corpse Bride.
November 1, 2015
Halloween fodder for kids. Typically Burton.
October 31, 2015
One of our family's favorites, especially our dog's. Love, love, love this movie!
October 24, 2015
Great visuals and sweetly odd story.
October 24, 2015
A funny and cute horror movie spoof with emotion and quotes to remember!
October 19, 2015
After years of waiting for his beloved short to jump to feature length, Frankenweenie does not disappoint but does not fully satisfy either. With a strong first half, a funny and fresh script, and beautiful art direction; the only fault Frankenweenie has is the lack of confidence to end the film in a more adult note instead of the Disney preferred one it ends on.