Frayed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frayed Reviews

August 9, 2011
After such an interesting opening, this movie scene by scene was just one big clusterfuck. Did Vince Russo write this movie??? Led up to a reveal that was just stupid. Now I'm fuckin pissed!!!!! Fuck man!!! Wasted goddamn 111mins!!
½ July 14, 2011
Great opening, then spirals into a mundane wannabe slasher.
July 3, 2011
decent twist ending I guess
½ June 5, 2011
Yeah, it was pretty good. The ending confused me...
½ May 29, 2011
Although maybe a little too predictable, one of the best thriller/horror movies I've ever seen. Had a pretty disturbing scene in the first 6 minutes, just a heads up for those with weak stomachs. Absolutely loved it though, great twists and turns throughout.
½ May 22, 2011
pretty good psycho Slasher flick. not a top box office type production but pretty cool. watched on chiller of course.
½ April 30, 2011
I liked this movie even though a lot could be cut out. The end was a huge surprise, but kind of far fetched for me. Very suspenseful. Worth renting. Not much gore, but disturbing none the less.
April 14, 2011
One of my favorite movies of all time
½ April 10, 2011
pretty good movie but this movie seems to be the exact same as Rob Zombie's Halloween remake. you would swear you are watching practically the same film. but its still a good movie
April 9, 2011
The absolute epitome of cliche horror film. It trys so so hard to be 'Halloween' or 'Friday the 13th', but lacks any sort of creative flair, originality, scariness, compitancy, or story telling skills. Without an ounce of exageration, I figured the entire movie out 10 minutes into it. I don't say that to pat myself on the back, I just want to reiterate how cookiecutter of a movie this is. The 'twist' ending is abundently clear within the first 15 minutes, as is the second 'twist'. Nothing here distinguishes it from any one of a countless number of questionable at best horror films. The characters are all horribly written, and even more horribly acted. Another one of those movies where you are just praying for everyone to meet a quick and painful demise. The lighting is amature, as it is either to dark or too light in seemingly every scene, and I have a hard time believing this was a co-directoral effort. You would think one of them would know how to frame a shot or utilize an off-kilter camera angle. With all the negitives I've mentioned, I can't completely trash this. Despite being a total rehash/rip-off, it fulfills that cookie-cutter horror flick tag very well. There is a reason that this plot has been done before, and thats because it is at least moderately effective. I can't say I'd recomend it, but it is a solid step ahead of terrible.
½ April 4, 2011
Too many endings.....reminded me of the Always Sunny where theyre writing a movie and Dennis has like a million Shamilan twists.
April 3, 2011
I thought the twist at the end made it better than your average teen slasher. Felt sorry for the kid and realized what a monster the dad was at the end!
March 31, 2011
Definitely some brutal scenes
March 30, 2011
This felt like the child of Halloween and High Tension. It has it's moments and a great twist ending. Overall probably one of the best horror movies on Netflix Instant Queue from what I've seen thus far.
March 29, 2011
O.K., so this one passes as one of those movies you watch on a Saturday afternoon when you don't have much else to do. It's actually passable better than anything you'd get straight to DVD or made-for-TV, but not quite measuring up to feature film. As a fan of the make-up effects in movies (i.e,. blood and gore), this movie did a fine job of impressing me with the realism. The first murder scene is not for the casual fan - you might want to look away. Again, this movie won't blow you away, but I've seen far worse and it hasn't a decent twist at the end.
½ January 22, 2011
great movie with a great climax...
½ January 21, 2011
A cheap knockoff of the Michael Myers franchise.
½ September 8, 2010
Found the film abit slow and it never seems to get any real momentum goin, most of the deaths accur off screen although the killing of Kurt's mother at the start is pretty brutal! Great twist at the end of the movie but not good enough to make this a great slasher movie I'm afraid!
August 21, 2010
I was really enjoying this movie until the blasted stupid horror channel missed off the ending!!! This is too much...last week my horror movie turned into Alien Nation for the last 40 minutes and now no bloody ending...not happy!