Freaks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freaks Reviews

½ November 26, 2015
Very unique and disturbing for it's time.
November 8, 2015
Super interesting to hear the speech and manners of 1932. Beautiful black and white.
October 31, 2015
Tod Browning‚??s 1932 tale¬†of love and deception among the members of a carnival sideshow was banned for years by the BBFC on the grounds that it ‚??exploited for commercial reasons the deformed people that it claimed to dignify‚??. Today, Browning‚??s sympathies¬†are clear; if there are ‚??freaks‚?? on display here, they are not the versatile performers to whom the title seems to allude.
October 26, 2015
Weather you see it as a horror film or a unique drama, Freaks is a memorable experience that keeps you thinking about yourself and others. The characters stand out, but the real actors are what make them. The story may be typical when used with normal people, but here it just shows how normal people with deformities can be. It doesn't hit every knock, and it's highly conversational, but it leaves a mark in cinema history.
October 11, 2015
i feel like it's about time i actually watch this movie -- it's been on my "to watch" list for a while now and i just never got around to it. it's a classic in the genre & obviously the fuel for AHS's 4th season; it was quite fascinating, actually, to see what they took from this film and how they twisted it to fit their story... i'm quite impressed. this movie really does make you step back and realize who the real monsters really are, though; makes you feel uncomfortable. it's not even an hour long so don't blink or you'll miss something.
October 8, 2015
It might give up the ending quite soon, but the structure and the substance of the film really pays off, making this possibly Tod Browning's best film ever.
½ August 29, 2015
They just do not make 'em like this anymore.When a movie made 80 years ago holds up this well today then that's one fine horror classic.They'll be images you just will not be able to get out of your head.
August 25, 2015
I enjoyed seeing the freaks themselves but I feel the story is a little simplistic for modern times.
August 12, 2015
Love this movie! it's funny, witty, and really freaky. For being made in the 30s this movie was probably very tongue in cheek at the time.
July 10, 2015
Jjjnkiiokkkkljkooionllmvbb.
June 14, 2015
Very strange film but also well made.
May 22, 2015
this film is amazing
April 6, 2015
Vaguely tongue-in-cheek, Freaks is good but slightly tiresome in its over-the-top satirical view of the horror genre. In contemporary viewings, Freaks could be a wonderful metaphor for the dehumanisation that renders a victim of discrimation and prejudice socially and morally unconscious. It's smart and was released way before its time and has surprisingly aged extremely well, however it isn't as entertaining as some would have you believe. Nevertheless its increasingly iconic, has aged like a fine wine and deserves its place amongst the ranks of horror classics.
"We accept her one of us we accept her one of us..."
March 12, 2015
Madness never to been seen again. Exotic glimps of the 1920-30's freak show scene. This unique film is never to copied and a classic regarding the early experimentation of the film history. This story itself is actually pretty strong and far from dull. However the real characters fate in real life is a scary and sad thought.
February 24, 2015
Unbelievably tolled, the story of the freaks and the lassy who crossed them. While watching this slightly weird and very sweet film I was wandering when the horror would begin, I mean it said it was one of the greatest horror movies, then... Wham. Less then a few minutes before ending the freaks fight back, crawling on the ground in the rain-soaked mud. A truly sinister shot of revenge. It bam-bozzales me how this got made in the 30's. Weirdly a great watch.
½ January 18, 2015
Film de culto , horror y sobre la discriminaciůn.
December 29, 2014
The unwanted and abnormal are often misunderstood ; in this recreated story they nave have just taken enough
December 4, 2014
When I was a child, my parents never monitored what movies I saw. I think I was 7 or 8 when I saw it. I felt very sympathetic towards the freaks, but the sight of the part woman/part duck was very real to me, and I had nightmares for quite a while after.
December 2, 2014
Infamous for its odd characters, "Freaks" doesn't reach the standards of modern horror but still attains its disturbing atmosphere.
November 28, 2014
This movie fits snugly into quite a few spots....it's dramatic, it's funny, it's charming, it's touching, but the feeling that it's horrifying looms over the viewer the whole way. It takes a special, truly talented chef to make a dish that effectively utilizes more than two of your taste senses, in the same way it takes a truly talented director to make a movie that so effectively strikes many different emotional chords. Freaks is a true classic masterpiece among horror movies.