Fred: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fred: The Movie Reviews

November 28, 2016
I really like this movie
½ November 25, 2016
It's hard to imagine that Fred (Lucas Cruikshank) was actually a "thing" on the internet at one time.

Think of everything that has ever annoyed and/or irritated you in life, and amalgamate it into a movie. Well... that's Fred: The Movie folks. Nothing but an hour and 23 minutes of nothing but annoyance and irritation.

Fred (Lucas Cruikshank) was a guy on YouTube who gained fame (or in my opinion, infamy) by making videos of himself acting like a complete fool, and raising the pitch of his voice. And... that was the joke. Nothing more than that. I can see how someone under the age of 9 could find that funny, but anyone (specifically teenagers) over the age of 10 will just find it stupid, and most of all irritating and annoying. It's amazing how something like this was able to gain so much of a following on YouTube. Let alone make this zero of a person a celebrity (both on the internet and on TV). Now a days, you don't hear much (if anything) about Fred. It was more or less a stupid fad that had it's 15-minutes-of-fame, and then faded away. I would just leave it at that, but here's the problem. The fad gave birth to this movie, two sequels, and two TV shows. And each one is just as woefully horrendous as the other. It makes me wonder what the suits in Hollywood were thinking when they decided to green-light all these Fred projects. Did they think it was gonna bring in ratings? Did they think anyone over the age of 9 would buy into it? Or were they all just stoned and/or drunk off their minds? We'll never know, and what we're left with is a painfully obvious blemish on the face of both TV and Internet entertainment.
½ November 20, 2016
I actually enjoyed this movie
½ September 30, 2016
They show this to Guantanamo Bay inmates, it's better than beating the crap out of them
August 10, 2016
Childishly funny but thankfully content with its conciseness, as a fan of the original Fred, this movie was silly fun but never really goes anywhere with it.
July 9, 2016
For the first YouTube movie, it definitely showed what was to become for Youtuber movies,in other words bad.
½ June 16, 2016
A sloppy excuse for a movie.
June 1, 2016
Not a great movie for some,but a guilty pleasure for the fans.
May 8, 2016
Loved It!!!!! Im Amazed that it has 0%!!!! Fred is hilurious
May 3, 2016
This is easily the worst film of all time, created by the worst YouTuber of all time.
This scumbag is responsible for the fall of Nickelodeon! This movie is worse than Biodome, Jack and Jill, and Birdemic!
April 18, 2016
this the fucking greatest thing in the world why did u vote rotten
April 3, 2016
It's not a great movie. I don't even think it's a good movie. But Fred the movie does have a good heart to it. Even if the characters are annoying. However I did like the friendship between Fred and Bertha
February 29, 2016
This movie is super dumb. But it's kind of the point. It's definitely the best of the three. It's definitely not a great movie but I laugh when I watch it. The story is pretty bad but it's a series of funny moments that I'm able to sit through.
February 14, 2016
Surprisingly watchable
February 3, 2016
Why would you waste your time on this!?
January 31, 2016
Only for fans. And then it depends.
January 5, 2016
Underrated, but not the best thing ever.
December 29, 2015
here is the thing, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with this movie and indeed it gives you positividy... fred had no friends in the beggining and at the end he was able to make friens,, the message is to never give up!
EpicLadySponge
½ December 16, 2015
The one way to completely waste your time watching.
½ November 7, 2015
This guy was bad on YouTube, he didn't need a movie