Fred: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fred: The Movie Reviews

½ March 20, 2017
Childishly funny but thankfully content with its conciseness, as a fan of the original Fred, this movie was silly fun but never really goes anywhere with it.
March 15, 2017
Not as bad as it could've been... but not worth anyone's time.
March 10, 2017
Its so bad it hurts my kidney.
½ March 5, 2017
It's bad it's not so bad it's good it's so bad it's awful
February 23, 2017
Best movie ever made.
½ February 11, 2017
i want to see that movie
½ February 3, 2017
Ahhhhhhhhhh!????????????????????????????????????
½ January 8, 2017
0% is and understatement.
December 27, 2016
As if FRED wasn't annoying enough in his YouTube videos.
½ December 25, 2016
No absolutely not, this is absolutely awful, this is one of the worst movies ever, I'm done, this movie has raped everyone
½ December 24, 2016
While I don't believe this film quite fits the G rating which it has and is that suitable for young children, Adults will love it because it is absolutely brilliant. And that Mom is so funny!
½ December 23, 2016
Should have stayed on youtube. Sad excuse for a cash in on a booming youtuber.
½ December 17, 2016
I'm going to be honest on this one, this used to be a guilty pleasure of mine. I used to enjoy the wackiness in the movie, practically how Fred has his own fantasy world which made you feel like you were on drugs. Looking back on it now, I realized that...it sucks. The film has good intentions but the humour is worthy of a facepalm at times, its cast members seem to be there just to make money and the novelty of the high-pitched 16-year-old quickly wears off. I didn't think it was as bad as people claimed it to be but I still think Lucas Cruikshank's once beloved character is grating to watch in this movie. His YouTube persona used to be funny, his channel managed to become the first to reach a million subscribers. This film's lack of faithfulness makes it a movie that'll make you think "The kids deserve better than this". Sorry Cruikshank, the Fred we once knew is gone. You did this to yourself.
November 28, 2016
I really like this movie
½ November 25, 2016
It's hard to imagine that Fred (Lucas Cruikshank) was actually a "thing" on the internet at one time.

Think of everything that has ever annoyed and/or irritated you in life, and amalgamate it into a movie. Well... that's Fred: The Movie folks. Nothing but an hour and 23 minutes of nothing but annoyance and irritation.

Fred (Lucas Cruikshank) was a guy on YouTube who gained fame (or in my opinion, infamy) by making videos of himself acting like a complete fool, and raising the pitch of his voice. And... that was the joke. Nothing more than that. I can see how someone under the age of 9 could find that funny, but anyone (specifically teenagers) over the age of 10 will just find it stupid, and most of all irritating and annoying. It's amazing how something like this was able to gain so much of a following on YouTube. Let alone make this zero of a person a celebrity (both on the internet and on TV). Now a days, you don't hear much (if anything) about Fred. It was more or less a stupid fad that had it's 15-minutes-of-fame, and then faded away. I would just leave it at that, but here's the problem. The fad gave birth to this movie, two sequels, and two TV shows. And each one is just as woefully horrendous as the other. It makes me wonder what the suits in Hollywood were thinking when they decided to green-light all these Fred projects. Did they think it was gonna bring in ratings? Did they think anyone over the age of 9 would buy into it? Or were they all just stoned and/or drunk off their minds? We'll never know, and what we're left with is a painfully obvious blemish on the face of both TV and Internet entertainment.
½ November 20, 2016
I actually enjoyed this movie
½ September 30, 2016
They show this to Guantanamo Bay inmates, it's better than beating the crap out of them
July 9, 2016
For the first YouTube movie, it definitely showed what was to become for Youtuber movies,in other words bad.
½ June 16, 2016
A sloppy excuse for a movie.
June 1, 2016
Not a great movie for some,but a guilty pleasure for the fans.