Free Angela & All Political Prisoners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

YodaMasterJedi
April 25, 2014
four stars!!
May 23, 2013
Wow. Not a lot of love from users and this is curious. This documentary is well crafted in its exploration of the limits of free speech and what is deemed "acceptable" free speech during particular phases in American history.
May 4, 2014
A good telling of Angela Davis' story of persecution, prosecution, and salvation which only dips its toe into her ideas. Perhaps because we're still a lot more comfortable with her as a pin up girl than as a purveyor of ideas?

I think the minute or so used for a pot shot at Richard Nixon near the end would have been better used revisiting the farmer who posted Ms. Davis' bail. He got a couple of minutes of interesting screen time, then disappeared from the story.
October 3, 2013
Interesting documentary about Angela Davis and her affiliation with the Communist Party and Black Panthers. She was on the FBI's ten most wanted list after Marin County Judge Harold Haley murder. The movie shows interviews with Davis where she downplays her role in the murder. Very interesting.
May 19, 2013
Oh what cool documentary and other nonsense. She murdered another human being. Does that not mean a thing to her fans and suck up reviewers? Idiots. Where us the humanity?
April 7, 2013
Well scripted documentary outlining the history of one of the most influential activist and leader of our time. A look back in time and how one woman stood up to fight back against an unjust system. That she garnered such global support was awe inspiring. Hopefully this instills such a confidence in others to stand up against many of the injustices and social ills still plaguing this country and the world today.
April 6, 2013
Excellent documentary about an amazing activist and intellectual. Angela Davis is an inspiration.