Free Jimmy (Slipp Jimmy fri) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Free Jimmy (Slipp Jimmy fri) Reviews

January 8, 2015
It didn't miss me - it is a great comedy and highlights the flaws of extremist animal liberation organisations
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A bit different animated movie compared to other ones but its a fun and cool movie. Its "not" for kids at all because in contains more adult stuff. Woody Harrelson and the funny Simon Pegg casting so i had some laughs like i always have when Simon are in a movie. Overall a good animated flick.
February 10, 2013
I was all "ooo look at the voice talent I should watch that". Don't make the same mistake I did.
September 23, 2012
I wouldnt reommend this film to anyone. The character design is grim and I didnt find any of the film funny, the jokes are quite sinister but lack the humour to even call them a joke. I rented this film and the plot sounds funny enough when you read about it, but the overall outcome lacks the comedy thats its labelled. Perhaps I'm being harsh but I really wouldnt recommend this film.
½ April 8, 2012
Uh...funny yet disturbing... wierd as heck.
½ March 30, 2012
Charming in it's oddness, creativly animated and you had to love the moose.
October 31, 2011
When people are asking about Target audience.. Its the norwegian audience.. Haha, its only we that understand it :)
July 4, 2011
m ses p norsk jokke humor all the way;)
February 19, 2011
could be a lot better...
½ January 26, 2011
L'objectif de "Free Jimmy", film d'animation norvegien de son etat, est de prouver que ces derniers ne sont pas exclusivement destines aux enfants et aux adultes qui refusent de grandir. Pour ce faire, il prend la forme d'un chasse-croise à la "Snatch" autour d'un elephant toxicomane et depressif servant bien involontairement de mule à une grosse cargaison d'heroine. Petit problème : l'idee de tirer à l'arme lourde sur les ecolos, les chasseurs, les toxes, les touristes americains, les alcooliques, les prolos ou encore les Lapons etait fendarde sur le papier. A l'usage, c'est une autre paire de manches. Vulgaire et trash, "Free Jimmy" l'est incontestablement. Mais drôle...hum...le moins qu'on puisse dire est qu'il est passe à côte de toutes les situations potentiellement empreintes d'humour noir. Et ce ne sont pas l'animation mediocre et le visuel moche à crever qui risquent d'accentuer la sympathie à son egard.
January 8, 2011
The worst animated movie I've ever seen (even worst than Delgo)! The writers seem to think adding swearing and drugs to an animated movie makes it "alternative", but it just makes Free Jimmy brain-dead.
½ January 2, 2011
Snarare tragisk än rolig.
½ December 15, 2010
CGI animted adult adult rated movie. The jokes are funny enough but with a sinister and often pointless punchline. The undertone of the movie is built up around drug use and trafficking, inside an Elephants tummy to say the least. I didnt watch this movie with much expectation and left with less, but for some this movie will be cult comedy.
September 29, 2010
What isn't awesome about this movie!
It was great. But insane, as well. But definitely a very entertaining movie.. slightly random, but pretty darned swell. Also enjoyed the Motorhead blasting out of the radio. Hahah. What an odd film...
½ September 19, 2010
This was definitely funny. I'm glad they didn't put real people through the torture of having to act that way. It's definitely a movie of its own kind.(one can only hope)
September 3, 2010
Weirdest movie I've seen in a long time, but oddly awesome in its strangeness. I say check it out. And there's no need to be sober while seeing it, believe me.
June 6, 2010
Fuck ... Jeg har set en del fede film på det seneste, men dette ... Dette var et fucking MESTERV?RK!! En af de fedeste film jeg nogensinde har set, og jo, det mener jeg satme seriøst! Norsk animationsfilm om en cirkuselefant der har 7 kilo heroin indopereret i røven, stjålet fra den russiske mafia, og som er afhængig af speed og hash, men ender med at finde en sand ven i en elg. GENIALT!!!!
March 26, 2010
a bit slow but funny when it gets started