Free Money - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Free Money Reviews

½ July 29, 2015
This was a very confusing and unpleasant experience. I forgot why I added this movie to my queue, and I didn't recognise Marlon Brando (I kept thinking "Wait, is that Brando? No, definitely not, looks nothing like him") so the closing credits were a bit shocking. Also shocking? The rest of the movie. Jesus... I don't think I have the space or the patience to detail all the ways it's terrible, but it's probably best exemplified by the trained FBI agent being whacked on the head with her own shoe by a fat old man while he calls her a dyke. And that's the action denouement.
½ November 3, 2012
Not the greatest film, but features a decent cast and is one of Brando's final performances. Cameo at the end of the film almost redeems the whole movie...
July 28, 2012
Despite being funny, Free Money it's a nothing recommendable movie with a poor screenplay and a weak performance by Brando.
July 14, 2012
a hoot 'n' a hollar 'n' seriously dumb: was supposed to be, kids! Lots of inside jokes and schtick.
June 26, 2012
Another Sleeper.........Brando......
½ March 3, 2011
This is a terrible movie which is a shame since Marlon Brando and Donald Sutherland are both such good actors. It's actually embarrassing seeing two of films greats in such rubbish.
February 19, 2011
When Bud stumbles upon the financial opportunity of a lifetime, a money train carrying millions of unmarked bills for destruction, the only thing standing in his way is the Swede, the feard prison warden.
½ May 27, 2010
I saw parts of the movie and seeing this many parts was too much. It was a revolting experience. It is Two and Half Men (Sheen) meeting On The Waterfront/A Streetcar Named Desire/The Godfather/Apocalypse Now (Brando), and the end result is catostrophic. Very bad!
September 5, 2009
What a waste of time!!!!!
April 12, 2009
Ok, this was kinda a dumb movie... Very much trying to be a Coen brothers type of movie... The plot just didn't take off for me - too much easy solutions to problems... But it was definitely a movie to watch

First off, It had an amazing cast... Brando? Charlie and Martin sheen? Donald Sutherland? And they all did a wonderful job (even an over the top Brando who I didnt recognize until midway thru the movie)...

Secondly, the photography on this movie was spectacular! The scenes setups were great, the coloring was perfect, and the angles were creative... Watch this movie just for how it looks... Very impressive!
April 10, 2009
For so many big names in this movie .. it was pretty stupid...
April 6, 2009
This light and amusing movie was the perfect companion to a day at home sick. Charlie Sheen's seriousness against the overblown farce of the rest of the characters is exactly the right touch to make what might have been a silly meaningless comedy into an under-appreciated gem.
April 4, 2009
I'd probably watch this
½ February 14, 2009
This is a decent "buddy film" with several top B-list actors (Sheen, Sutherland, Church). Brando's character is hilarious, and overall the film is entertaining in a very weird way.
August 5, 2008
With this kind of talent... it should have been better...
November 20, 2007
I could see how people would really hate this film but personally I think anything with Marlon Brando in it is worth watching.
½ November 16, 2007
There is something about this movie. I think Marlon Brando is soo funny here.
November 4, 2007
Okay this movie was very weird... seriously. REALLY WEIRD. Two guys were in love with the twin girls... something happens. Some parts were funny... but not that all funny... it was just uh blah.