Free Ride Reviews

• Jan 25, 2020

Glad I tried. Without spoilers....Very soulful, alluring picture of life portrayed from family members perspectives. The film itself is a work of art in a genre different than regular box office busters. The actors portrayal is personified by following a true story of the director herself, making it more real than typical films. I would like to have seen a much longer version as I became drawn in the their lives. Yes, some scenes are cut short and, like reading a book, you get to use your imagination. Although most every bit of the acting is really top notch, very well played out, there are a few times where the scenes aren't quite as good as the rest of the film because there isn't time to really play out enough of the scene and again, I wanted more. It could've lasted as long as Forest Gump if allowed, yet would've taken longer to make and that costs $ Loved the movie, the time representation, acting, actors, scenery, sets and everything about it. On the negative, I wanted more and would love to meet the Director and personally tell her what a great job and how proud she should be for coming so far in her life and understanding that not everyone is cut from the same cloth. Read about her, hopefully you'll understand. Now for a redux!

• Apr 06, 2019

Loved this movie so much. Highly recommend.

Loved this movie so much. Highly recommend.

• Aug 29, 2018

I feel this movie was a movie of two halves Interesting first half when Anna Paquin relocates with her two daughters and through Drea De Matteo she gets involved in criminal activity. Not sure what she was doing mind you, she was earning lots of money but not sure what for and why they were using her other than finding suitable boats. Second half she kinda changes personality and becomes more motherly and it dissolves into cheesy melodrama. Anna Paquin in all fairness looks great in that bikini and tiny denim shorts etc. Not sure if she was the correct casting choice. She has a strange mouth, I like the little gap in her teeth but her mouth shape is weird. Still she is very capable actress. Smoking to much though, not sure why her character had to be a chainsmoker. All in all , not to bad

• May 06, 2016

Anna Paquin gives a great performance as well as the other actors in this movie based on true events in the 70's.

• Mar 03, 2016

Great characters and some really sexy circumstances. I would have loved to see this film solely from the perspective of the teenage girl, as more of a coming of age story, or solely from the mother's perspective as more of a drug film. By falling halfway in-between there were some missed opportunities to play with each genre more fully. Beautifully produced and acted. Would like to see more from Shana Betz; she has a lot to offer in this arena.

• Jul 14, 2015

gr8 cast is the fuel that makes this indy period pic goooo like a fictionalized version of 'cocaine cowboys"

• Feb 22, 2015

Sadly this is the reality for way too many. Don't think it always ends as pretty and sweet as this one but every story is different. Well done

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Jan 10, 2015

Really can't fault the 70's look and feel this movie had - really convincing to the era! The movie felt a little thin and patchy, but I liked the reveal at the end. I don't know that I quite liked the mothers will do what they have to do rationalising at the end - sorry, I would rather be a poor cleaner than try and take the "easy" road personally, but it's a true story, and that's someone's own feelings, so I'm not going to comment too much on that.

• Dec 27, 2014

Anna Paquin got me to watch this movie. She gave a great performance in this movie. However, the movie is very awful. This is a case of what happens when bad movies happen to good actors! Very little to care about in this movie.

• Sep 08, 2014

Dull and lifeless. Despite it's cast the movie fails to engage the audience on any level.