Freelancers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freelancers Reviews

July 12, 2013
Tämän elokuvan ohjaajalla ja käsikirjoittajalla on ADHD ja skitsofrenia, en vaan tiedä kummalla kumpi. Elokuva etenee töksähdellen, välillä henkilöiden tekoja ei selitä mikään. Kokaiinia vedetään kuin leipää ja vaikka on yö ryypätty ja nuuskittu, niin aamulla viimeistään kahvilla olo normalisoituu taas. Ei tässä ollu oikeasti mitään järkeä. Eniten koko touhussa vituttaa Robert De Niro. Miks sen äijän täytyy vanhoilla päivillään lähteä mukaan tämmöseen pelleilyyn. En suosittele tätä elokuvaa kenellekään!
½ June 20, 2013
An average police drama all around. Great actors in forgettable performances.
June 11, 2013
Worst film I seen Robert De Niro play in bad role for 50 cent he only good at gangsta roles
May 20, 2013
50 CENT NEEDS TO STICK TO RAPPING
½ May 6, 2013
Didn't get much of a release, was pretty much snuck out straight to DVD. The cast is quite epic if you read the cover, De Niro, Whitaker errr...50 Cent and um Vinnie Jones, well come on its got De Niro and Whitaker sheesh!.

A crooked cop thriller, wait, a run of the mill unoriginal crooked cop thriller to be more precise. 50 (man that's easy to type) joins the NYPD with his two best buds. De Niro is his new boss in a special task force division, the same division that 50's father was once a member of before he was murdered. So far so good for 50 nickels errr Cent, only one problem...this division is crooked! not really a surprise seeing as I told you already. Huh maybe I should reword that, to hell with it!.

In all honesty this film is actually a good watch, well the first half or so. As we watch 50 and his two mates join the force and get with their respective partners things get real interesting. We learn early on all is not kosher in this city with the thin blue line.

50 is under the wing of Whitaker who is your stereotypical drug using corrupt cop, he ignores crimes, sells narcotics and kills people without thinking. Naturally 50 slowly gets corrupted himself by this lifestyle. 50's other two friends (one black, one white) find themselves with racist partners. But to make things even we get racism from both sides of the coin, the white rookie gets a neo Nazi looking redneck and the black rookie gets a black fat middle aged partner who dislikes whites.

This early part of the film is terrific as it shows some excellent dialog between these new cop partnerships, racial tension and violence. Everything is pretty cliched and old but its still grabs your attention or should I say morbid curiosity. The scary thing is each racist cop duo do have seemingly accurate points to make about each others people, its not very PC but the truth hurts and in America I'm sure it happens for real. What the older black cop says about his own people (mainly the younger generation) I'm sure hit home with many, clearly in the script for a reason.

As fast as we get this exciting stuff it fades away and we are left with just a dull informer cop thriller. 50 simply sees the error of his ways and decides to go undercover to stitch up the crooked cop ringleaders. Its weird because you are half expecting a really good racial bust up flick within the police force, but that just slips away.

The big guns in the film elevate this greatly, without them it would sink, of course they are very good, you know who I mean. Unfortunately they also show 50 for the very very average actor he is, you could say he's learning the ropes but no, you can see this guy ain't no actor. I guess this was a vehicle for 50 Cent because I can't really see any other reason for it to have been made, its a very dated concept which has been done many times before much better. Good start, had potential but totally loses its way from the midway point I'm afraid.
April 8, 2013
Good story, bad acting
April 6, 2013
i dont like 50 cents movies but this one was awsome......Robert Dinero and Forest Whitaker???? good combo......the new Training Day
½ April 3, 2013
Poorly written and equally acted, this cop drama is full of stereotypes and no surprises other than how actors like Robert DeNiro and Forest Whitaker got involved in the first place.
½ March 1, 2013
Nothing wrong with Forest and De Niro ....but 50 cent was weak , Unscarry ...weak Carracter...to cleaned up , if you have time to trim your beard every day then there's not really something spectaculary going on !
½ February 19, 2013
Au! De Niro sad glumi u svakakvim glupostima.... film vrijedi kao i naziv glavnog glumca... 50 Cent.
February 12, 2013
Great story about a corrupted NYCPD. Very dark and grimy with thrilling moments, 50 actually surprised me on this one, he acted well. 4/5
LWOODS04
½ February 6, 2013
"Freelancers was a miss for me. I didn't like the movie and I was extremely disappointed to see Mr. De Niro associate himself with such a bad film. The main character, that being the rapper 50 cent, was dull and unimpressive. I didn't care what happened. I just wanted it over with.
The movie is another dirty cop film that brings nothing new to the table and is forgetful. I won't be seeing this again."
February 2, 2013
It was probably a 2, but w/ Rumchata & Fireball whiskey- it's 3!
February 2, 2013
A great cop film. One to watch.
½ January 23, 2013
HORRIBLE MOVIE! Do not watch and save an hour and a half of your life!
½ January 19, 2013
Freelancers oder Red Light? Welcher Film ist schlechter???
January 16, 2013
Decent cop movie, good escape
January 12, 2013
Hope its not over hyped because of a famous rapper & Deniro. These two are in another film together too
January 2, 2013
What started of boring turned out to be a pretty good thriller with a nice storyline. Sometimes it pays to stay watching a movie.