Freeway Killer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freeway Killer Reviews

½ January 6, 2015
acting was convincing, but screenplay could've used more work
½ October 19, 2014
There are killings, but they are quite tame in comparison to some of the violence you see in todays horror, but then this film is on a budget, and it seems director John Murlowski was more interested in Bonin as a character study. It works infrequently too, thanks to a menacing and at times quite unsettling performance by Scott Anthony Leet as Bonin.
½ April 13, 2014
ok true crime thriller
December 21, 2013
Scott Leet's portrayal of a squirmy and extremely unstable and dangerous killer is sadly overlooked in this low-budget but well-acted semi-biog. Since the real horrors of Bonin's reign of terror are much abbreviated here, the film may or may not suffer in some people's opinions. I didn't think so, it's not a gore fest and I wouldn't have watched had it been so.
½ October 23, 2013
Meh, not really very true to life. They don't show or even suggest any of the necrophilia that was Bonin's thing. This is more of a cheap gore fest than an intelligent look at the facts. The acting is ok but a little overdone.
October 15, 2013
A decent, true-story, serial-killer film, Freeway Killer explores not just the killings but the lifestyle of a psychotic who enlists other young men into his enterprise. Twisted, but at times somewhat contrived, Freeway Killer provides a decent evening's entertainment for the horror/slasher fan, but it is not something that will be remembered as unique.
December 10, 2012
Weird but not terrible worth a watch
November 23, 2012
This was not a bad movie at all. Scott Leet was excellent in the titular role.
February 2, 2012
Doesn't have much to do with serial killer William Bonin. The script was dull & boring!
½ December 31, 2011
STAY AWAY...

as far away as you can from wasting your time and money on this movie. I figured since I hadn't heard much about it, it was probably with unknown actors and a small budget, but this movie doesn't even make it to the "B" classification. In fact, it's more of "Z" movie. The script is very badly written, the acting is at best mediocre, and the dialogue is almost non-existent. Don't make the same mistake I made, this one is not worth watching
December 29, 2011
If your interested in serial killers, this is a movie to watch. He was the first in state of CA to get lethal injection but he should have gotten at least the gas chamber for all the horrible murders he committed.
½ November 30, 2011
This was quite boring.
November 15, 2011
it was low budget but its worth a watch i liked the actor who played the killer ill give it 4/10
½ November 12, 2011
Acting very wooden and a crap ending
November 12, 2011
Weird but not terrible worth a watch
October 29, 2011
I was very disappointed with this movie because it excluded so many interesting parts described in Wikipedia about this serial killer. William Bonin was nicknamed the Freeway Killer because most of the boys and men he kidnapped, tortured, raped and killed were dumped along the freeways of California. If you read in detail the story on Wikipedia, then watch this movie you will immediately notice that the script failed miserably in depicting how the murders really took place nor it covers Bonin's sexuality..its bland, seems to be PG rated. Again very, very disappointed! Same goes with the film Dahmer based on Jeffery Dahmer's killing rampage. Killings of this nature will be grotesque, shocking, depict male nudity yet these movies do not show the reality of the matter. Yet we see so many other violent films where the director is not afraid to show violence or female nudity. Double standard all the way! Bonin was an interesting serial killer and there are some books written on his killing spree but this film is a letdown! Comes across as a very "sanitized" version...Pity....I found it on netflix so fortunately did not waste any money on it.
October 26, 2011
Richard and I went through tons and tons of "true crime/serial killer" movies and before we watched this one I was so surprised that I had never heard of William Bonin!!
April 16, 2011
If you're interested in the real William Bonin, you won't find nearly enough infomation here - If you're looking for a decent performance by Scott Leet as a serial killer, in a really bad movie, he delivered.
April 2, 2011
I bought this dvd used fo $2 buckz & I want a refund. The story seemed ineresting but the movie flow was slow. It looked low budget & the acting was kinda soso. M.Rooker is cool but barely sed NEthing & had very limited screen time.Pau...Aloha
March 7, 2011
The only horrific thing about this piece of crap is that, one way or another, they keep making this kind of useless 'serial killer- flicks' .
Just another 'Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer' wannabe (this one's got a cameo by Michael Rooker).