Freezer Burn: The Invasion of Laxdale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freezer Burn: The Invasion of Laxdale Reviews

August 5, 2014
Really boring and bad. Just couldn't finish it.
½ February 5, 2014
Only because I love Crispin Glover in anything.
May 6, 2011
Probably only worth seeing if you get to for free. And then it would still be a big maybe. Crude comedy about a town fighting off an alien invasion. I saw the tv edit version and I was much displeased with the language, I'm sure the DVD version has more N and SC than the version I saw. I kinda liked the storyline, except it was just plain dumb. I saw this in the middle of the night, wouldn't waste my daylight watching this.
February 14, 2011
This was really boring. I couldn't finish it.
December 17, 2010
i didn't know whether to laugh or cry it was so bad it was good. well not exactly good. it's like earl vs the martians in a strange brew kinda way.
September 23, 2010
freezer burn: the invasion of laxdale is a movie about aliens who come to this town and want to buy it. tom green is in the film and i think he is a funny guy, and even though this is a comedy, i never really found myself laughing. the story line is really stupid and the acting is horrible by everyone, even crispin glover. its a really boring movie that never really goes anywhere.
½ July 27, 2010
Good gawd this movie is horrible. It's not funny, it's not suspenseful, it doesn't have a great story - NOTHING! HORRIBLE!
April 22, 2010
This was pretty damn funny. Super-cheesy Canadian B-movie... starring Tom Green and Crispin Glover. Doesn't get much better than that!!
½ April 19, 2010
Lackluster acting and plot. Comparable to most of Tom Green's films.
½ March 14, 2010
i never thought i would see the day when tom green stars in a film with crispen glover .... low budget canadian film has a few moments but overall bad and worse for people who can't enjoy and obvious attempt at making a b-movie
August 30, 2009
Not sure what to say about this one....
½ August 26, 2009
Enjoyably trashy. Sarain is one hot amazon chick too.
½ August 7, 2009
Horrible. Really dumb. Glover should've had a bigger part, since he was the only bearable part of the movie.
½ June 1, 2009
FUN movie - Green as the the ghost-of-hockey stars past redneck cheap beer drinkin alien fightin trailer dude - funny and kinda well acted at times, Crispin Glover brought the strange once again which is always enjoyable. Good story, really funny in spots - recommended!!
May 31, 2009
Cool, this was filmed in Alberta. It had a few Canadian references. Not that great of a movie though.
½ April 28, 2009
Wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I did as I am not a big fan of Tom Green. This movie had some great moments. Anyone that's lived in a small prarie town will relate to many of the characters, and possibly cringe at the sad truths of small-town life. I was really impressed with how the film looked and the amount of visual effect elements. Definitely a step in the right direction for Canadian films becoming visually "more epic".

"I just won a jet ski."
March 9, 2009
I don't know why this has such a bad rating. It was a solid low budget movie. Great acting, Tom Green was great IMO. Good story and the special effects were well executed. IMO this is a perfect example of how a low-budget film can be 1000x better then the sh%t that Hollywood pumps out. Worth Netflixing, don't know if I will watch it again but I own it.
½ March 6, 2009
kind of funny in a really stupid way, but deaner and terry from fubar are in this, which was so unexpectedly awesome. tom green is funny as always. this film is an alright canadian comedy, not quite to the par of "Phil the alien" though. plus it has crispin glover, who's always oddly entertaining.
March 4, 2009
Good to see Tom Green in a movie again.. And when all is set and done, this was a pretty funny-silly, Canadian made B-movie. And having Paul Spence and David Lawrence (FUBAR), was classic.
½ February 26, 2009
pass. for the love of God pass this.