Freezer Burn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freezer Burn Reviews

½ December 19, 2011
The plot was decent and it could have been made into a hilarious comedy by a more experienced director with professional cast. Unfortunately, amateur acting and directing pretty much ruins it. It was "so bad it's funny" at times but I'm not sure it was intentional.
February 26, 2011
"Freezer Burn" is about a thirty year old scientist who falls in love with a minor. To help this relationship become a reality he cyrogenetically freezes himself to wake up fifteen years later. The film, which is meant to be a comedy, wasn't funny in the least. The script lacked depth and concentration. The acting was so poor it reminded me of something that would come out of a high school. When the movie was finished, the audience left feeling like they wasted their time even seeing it. I felt that the movie was a joke and had no purpose ever being released to the public. The film is appropriate for the 13+ crowd. A little strong language here and there but nothing too bad. All in all a major disappointment.
½ November 30, 2010
The plot had some flaws, and the acting wasn't perfect all around, but the two main characters, played by Harriel and Consiglio, were nearly perfect. Interesting mix of humor and drama, with some powerful scenes (the when his ex-wife trashes the lab). Consiglio's humor and excellent timing really stole the short. Cinematography was a little self-conscious, but Hood took some chances on making his shots more interesting. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Loved the twist with the girl, maybe a *little* overdone with the whole Diamondhead character. The wife/ex-wife was occasionally funny, but the part was overacted and not always believable. I wish the director hadn't felt the need to wrap it all up neatly- a more open ending would have been much more compelling. And I would have taken down a couple characters a notch, like the wife and Diamonhead. They were a little too much like caricatures. So why 3 1/2 stars with so many issues? It was clearly a lower budget film and in addition to bring decently filmed, it had a lot of heart. I give extra points for heart (as opposed to cheese, which makes a film Lise points).
April 17, 2010
Even low budget movies can make sense ... and tell a good story. This one succeeds, for the most part. The message, in case it wasn't clear: "Don't wish your life away."
January 14, 2010
This movie was made on a very low budget. Although somewhat poorly acted in the beginning, the plot is unique and the dialogue quite funny. I would recommend it to anyone that likes independent films.
½ December 3, 2009
It looked like a school project. It wasn't BAD bad, but it wasn't great either. The main character's wheelchair sidekick was pretty funny though!
½ November 26, 2009
it is obviously a low budget movie. Harriel does a great job.
½ August 2, 2009
Accidentally got this when trying to get the Crispin Glover flick. It was pretty ok.
½ July 26, 2009
Cheap but funny. A worthy indy comedy.
June 26, 2009
Not too bad of a movie. It was a low budget film and the plot wasn't too original, but it was ok. I enjoyed it overall.
June 15, 2009
Peculiar no-budget indie sci-fi comedy about a scientist that freezes himself for 15 years so that he can date a young girl he just met without the age difference being a problem. Quirky and original, but lacking on many levels like acting and script.