Freight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freight Reviews

August 25, 2013
Review:
This is your typical English action movie about Romanian illegal trafficking and prostitution. There isn't anything amazing about this film and the acting is pretty average. The storyline wasn't as bad as a lot of the English gangster movies out there, but it was quite predictable and not really thought out in parts. The action was OK and it wasn't full of swearing and sex like a lot of movies in this genre. In all, this movie is what I expected.

Round-Up:
I don't mind Billy Murray as an actor, but he just seems to get type casted like Craig Fairbrass who always acts the same. This movie did come out a couple of years ago so it must have fit in with all of the other British gangster movies that came out. It does seem like the whole Eastern European trafficking and prostitution thing has got way out of hand because its in every other movie nowadays. It used to be the Russians that always got used as the baddies but now they have switched sides.

Budget: $2.5million
Worldwide Gross: N/A

I recommend this movie to people who like there British crime/thrillers about people trafficking. 2/10
January 23, 2013
Some of the stunts and fights aren't too bad, but almost everything else is. Low budget and can't expect much. I say SKIP IT!!!
February 11, 2012
This is a by the numbers low budget gangster movie. Some dodgy dialogue, acting and action. I gave it one star just because Billy Murray was and always will be Don Beech to me!
January 13, 2012
I thought it would be better but its a good insight to what happens in uk
½ January 1, 2012
Un film britanic de actiune, care incearca sa utilizeze elemente din pelicule de Tarantino si nu numai. Este destul de brutal ca vizual - mult sange - dar ai tot timpul impresia ca te uiti la un low-budget - B-movie type. De asemenea, si putinele scene de car-chases sunt foarte slabe dpdv al cascadoriilor.. Pe scurt, membrii unui club de box se rafuiesc cu o banda de rusi (romani?) care fac trafic de carne vie si care o rapesc pe fata sefului clubului de box. Se impusca ,se bat , se omoara, se omoara, se omoara.... Skip it. Valoare de revizionare - foarte-rar-niciodata.
November 28, 2011
not bad but could have been better.
September 12, 2011
I thought it would be better but its a good insight to what happens in uk
½ September 8, 2011
The British TAKEN?! For a select few just maybe

Firstly I am a Fairbrass fan, I like macho cockney geezers, I like Brit films and I like action underdog films. This is clearly all four of these. This makes it a cult film for a select few only. It will suffer from Hollywood comparisons (Taken, Face, Lock Stock, Rise of, Essex Boys even Love, Honour and Obey all miles better) and that is a shame as it is a small film (2 mill budget) that needs to be judged as it stands alone. I guess it is ambitious from a small team, but I accept it is an easy current story laced with masculine themes and action. If you are up for a brainless revenge chase action romp then this has all the content needed, with dodgy simple acting and accents throughout.

Freight will get slated but I enjoyed it. It is relatively well paced, shot in good definition and a solid enough Brit Movie. Fairbrass and Murray team up once again (Dead Cert) and this is their best film by far. Many critics will question these TV actors (soap EastEnders) intent on being movie stars (however small a film) but for fans of the Danny Dyer genre of modern Brit gangster films this is a good watch.

Romanian sex-trafficking gang steal a toilet trailer with son in law inside, from a Boxing Club gangster. They go to get it back, using over the top force, killing a few of the gang. Evil leader Christie gets revenge by bombing the boxing club, and stealing Taylor's daughter. The revenge games then begin, with a dose of cage fighting, prostitution out of a strip club and the usual guns and explosive killings to find his daughter.

Better than Bonded by Blood, but not as good as Rise of The Footsoldier.
August 27, 2011
16th May 2011

Watchable Brit movie about a Russian gang of men (and woman) who traffic women for sex and men to fight...all illegally of course.
½ July 3, 2011
Awful apart from the fact it was filmed in Leeds this has nothing going for it. Total nonsense with racist undertones not a great combination
½ June 11, 2011
Good film. Got some uncomfortable truths on there.
June 8, 2011
A bit excitable, rather stupid and very entertaining.
½ June 7, 2011
This film was more interested in making a point than in the acting.
May 30, 2011
The foremost question I asked myself after I watched this movie - was I entertained? Regarding the movie Freight the answer was a little bit. The action and effects weren't exactly great, the plot was non existent save damsel in distress sort of gibberish. None of the actors stood out enough. Basically nothing stood out in this movie. The drama did not appeal to my good nature. The action scenes seems like something from days long gone without flash grandeur or anything remotely memorable. The plot - was focused on something I know I have seen thousand times before more specifically illegal aliens problem. If your looking for a good British gangster movie, look elsewhere.
May 30, 2011
½ May 18, 2011
What a crock of shite! The acting and plot was so bad i thought it was a comedy, not a british movie trying to get a serious point across.
½ April 15, 2011
British cast, Emmerdale & The Bill etc, easy to watch typical gangster film
March 29, 2011
The only redeeming qualities of this movie are Murry and Fairbass, oooo and Kennard because lets face it, he's fit! It was a horrible story lines. And having to see the ex playing a bullying bouncer is well, actually not that strange! lol
March 29, 2011
this got a 3 star as the bouncer in the film is a bully.x.
½ February 18, 2011
Engelse wc-verhuurder neemt het op tegen russische criminelen. Valt een beetje tegen qua uitwerking van het verhaal.