Frequencies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frequencies Reviews

March 14, 2017
There was something inspirational in the message of will and way, that Zak is driven by his desire to make Marie fall in love with him. But that gets muddled when we have to imagine how much of this is all manipulated by Theo.

Marie is a machine... Literally? Maybe. She is this irrepressible cunt, that mechanized impassive girl, who was both smart and hot in high school, who wouldn't give you the time of day. She is setup so the audience really wants to see her broken, a nice obstacle and objective for us to get behind Zak.
March 11, 2017
Slow to start, overly dramatic, stupid plot choices by both main characters. The absurd machisimo and manly brooding broke my suspension of disbelief for these characters. I didn't really care for this movie.
½ January 30, 2017
remarkable and interesting but second half falls flat
½ November 25, 2016
One of the best films I've seen in a while
September 24, 2016
Epic! About like Morpheus'- or The Architect's-monologues in THE MATRIX series!
September 20, 2016
Metaphysical nonsense masquerading as science and conspiracy and Mozart saves the world. Lame plot.
August 31, 2016
One of my favorite movies. Its been over a year and I keep thinking about it. The world created in this movie is unique, interesting and plays out well. A great combination of science fiction and personal stories. "Is a Beethoven symphony any less beautiful because you know the score?" (not sure of the quote verbatim.)
August 31, 2016
This movie started out really interesting but I lost my interest somewhere in the middle which I could only find at the end of it. It sure was different but probably because of the cast, I found it boring.
August 12, 2016
Slow, dull, terrible acting, nonsensical story and stilted execution
August 11, 2016
This is an very insightful and well executed motion picture.
July 15, 2016
A very interesting and remarkably intelligent film of ambitious ideas that is mostly impressive due to its well-constructed plot and clever use of colors to associate the characters' personalities with their frequency levels - red being the lowest frequency in the visible spectrum and purple the highest.
½ July 10, 2016
Some thought provoking drama.
March 21, 2016
Surprisingly engaging and compelling.
March 6, 2016
Loved this masterpiece ....
½ January 3, 2016
One of the more interesting films I've seen in a while, enjoyed it.
November 25, 2015
You can't blame 'Frequencies' for falling short on aspects as a result of its amateurish make, but what you can do is try to look beyond that and into the original, left-field story that is as bizarre as it is unpredictable. The movie takes many liberties when it comes to introducing new elements into the plot mechanics and it can be overwhelming if one doesn't pay attention, but I finished the movie somewhat satisfied because I knew that what I just witnessed wasn't a bad movie.
½ November 15, 2015
A glorious framework bursting with fascinating ideas, torn away by flat acting and boring direction. All data, no soul.
October 9, 2015
The acting is kind of deadpan and awkward, but the genius plot behind it kept me concentrated and incredibly interested the entire time.
½ October 7, 2015
A very good combination of science fiction and romance !! i really liked this movie.
½ September 29, 2015
wow now I really want to know whats my frequency and if that's the reason everything is the way it is. this movie makes you really think