Freshman Orientation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freshman Orientation Reviews

½ April 13, 2015
One of the worst, most offensive movies I've ever seen! Not even funny offensive, or self-aware offensive. Just like someone with sub average intelligence, a mean spirit, and no awareness of social justice or even of the way the world works (outside of outmoded caricatures) .
Don't waste your time. It's disgusting and I'm sad netflix made the dumb ass mistake of categorizing this as an lgbtq movie. It's nothing short of homophobic.
January 11, 2015
An engaging and fresh take on the much-used American college initiation theme, 'Freshman Orientation' succeeds with a delicate balance of hilarious lines, physical gags and gross-out humour. It doesn't quite reach the full potential of any of these sub-genres and is essentially a queer movie for a straight audience. Sam Huntington is a charming, goofy lead and there's a fun turn from a campy John Goodman, though all of the performers here are quite strong. In a tale with a social conscience, it's refreshing to see the screenplay steer clear from soppy sentiment and yet keep its heart in the right place. (Original title: 'Home of Phobia'.)
June 11, 2014
Just stay true to yourself!
June 9, 2014
Spends too much time trying to be self righteous
May 29, 2014
it looks like fun, i want to see this film.
½ June 6, 2013
Condescending and over-the-top. Just what the gay community needs, a straight man that poses as a gay man to teach us the lessons and principles of acceptance and tolerance. The films depiction of gay and lesbian characters are so stereotypical that it proves how far away the general public's idea of the L.G.B.T. community is, even in 2005.
April 20, 2013
Funny comedy but totally predictable~
September 8, 2012
This movie had quite an interesting twist to it. It started off like any other college kid movie and turned out to be a movie with a positive message and came with an unexpected turn. A good movie for anyone who is pro-change and willing to see a different side to things.
½ April 19, 2012
It was alright,A little weird,im not sure of it,lol..but i was interested except for the gay stuff.lol.maybe u should check it out.
½ April 8, 2012
This was funny, especially John Goodman as a gay bartender.
½ April 3, 2012
god this was gay gay gay
November 29, 2011
an ok movie with one or 2 funny parts not really to great
July 17, 2011
NO NEW TALE TO TELL HERE BUT STILL KINDA FUNNY & ENJOYABLE.
December 29, 2010
This movie was very similar to a lot of movies I have seen before. It did have some drastic differences but still contained the typical, guy will do anything to get the girl of his dreams, storyline. Most of the comedy took place towards the beginning and then the movie got surprisingly serious toward the end. There were some annoying, stupid characters but the two main characters were very likable and really made the movie enjoyable. If your looking for a decent teen comedy with some heart, check this one out.
½ November 19, 2010
Meh. Hit or miss comedy. Catch it on netflix when bored.
½ November 5, 2010
everything about the plot of this movie is cliche. you've seen it all before and this movie is not funny its gay
November 5, 2010
you've seen it all before, try and join a fraternity, girl goes out with a loser on a bet, guy pretends to be gay to get close to the girl, virgins galore. the worste part about this movie is that it isnt funny at all, honest. i will say though that thye production was moe impressive than i anticipated but it was still a gay movie
October 3, 2010
30 seconds into this, I was pretty sure I didn't want to keep watching it. 15 minutes later, my suspicions were confirmed and I shut it off. I'm not easily offended, but this was nothing but vulgarity and gross-outs. The acting was terrible, I had yet to see any plot whatsoever, and the production was pathetic. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
September 21, 2010
Hi, Here is another movie I found okay to watch. The only bright spot in the movie was John Goodman playing a gay dude he had the most funny parts in this movie. Its starts out with a guy liking a girl but the girl thinks he is gay so he plays along with it and fool her along the way. The girl has her reason why she thinks of this mostly to get into a sorority her mom was in when she went to college. Other than that it was a okay movie to watch if you are bored.
½ May 13, 2010
Pretty typical teen comedy with enough funny lines and cuteness to make it likeable.