Frida - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frida Reviews

February 14, 2015
Salma Hayek is so bold and awesome!
½ February 9, 2015
It took me 14 years to watch this movie mainly because I am not a big fan of SH. Nonetheless, I have to agree this is a great production, with a great cast and wonderful music. I wonder how much more awesome it would have been in Spanish... it was hard for me as a native Spanish speaker to relate to the story in their fake thick accents speaking English... overall it think it was a good ride into the world of Mexican culture to the masses.
February 6, 2015
Can't say I enjoyed watching, but Taymor knows how to create visual art and bring out great performances. I appreciate the color palates for each atmosphere: different countries, homes, families.
½ February 6, 2015
This movie is well done. It is a bit melodramatic but it happens.
February 2, 2015
Fascinating look at the life and work of Frida Kahlo, with wonderful performances by a great cast.
½ February 2, 2015
Frida is a really great movie that really made me learn about Frida Kahlo a lot. The movie is long, but it's enough to talk about her life. The visuals are really cool to look at, and Salma Hayek is really great which I'm glad that she got nominated for an Academy Award. The characters are memorable, especially Frida, and it's really surprising that Frida is ok with her husband's affairs, and it just seem like something that some guys would want to think of their wives. It stands out from other biopic painter movies, and it's very interesting to watch. The only problem I had is that they didn't seem to know what to do to put in Frida's sexuality and when it does, it just seem to come out of nowhere and is just more of an afterthought. Overall, Frida is quite an enjoyable treat to watch for fans of Frida Kahlo.
January 7, 2015
Que película tan dramática. Nunca me a gustado ni Frida ni Diego, pero la película no está tan mala.
December 12, 2014
Often, the exploitation of the sexual themes in this film opaque the artistic and insightful composition of the rest of the movie. Even so, it is refreshing to watch a film that sports a voracious desire to shine.
October 21, 2014
its def for the art fan
August 29, 2014
Insightful take on melancholic life of Frida Kahlo. Perfectly captured the zeitgeist of Mexico as well.
August 14, 2014
Intressevckande, vlspelad historialektion. Troligen Salma Hayeks bsta rollprestation ngonsin.
½ August 11, 2014
mexicans playing mexicans living in mexico but speaking english?
July 6, 2014
Na den narozenin Fridy Kahlo (6.6. 1907) jsem se mrknul na tento film. Musm ?ct, e m? jej ivotn p?b?h celkem dostal. Z obraz? Fridy jsem m?l dojem, e to byla n?jak puritnsk jeptika; ono asi ne. :-) Dob?e zahrno, skv?l masky, skv?l hudba.
June 10, 2014
Anchored by Hayek and Molina in standout performances, Kahlo is an intuiting film that manages to delve into the enthralling and idiosyncratic life of one of the most prominent and important modern female artist.
½ May 25, 2014
Gorgeous music and beautiful makeup and costumes as well as an outstanding turn from one of my personal favourites, Salma Hayak.
½ May 18, 2014
Red like passion, blood, freedom. Love her strength, will, ideals.
May 10, 2014
La pelcula es apasionante, sobre lo mas importante en la vida de la artista
April 24, 2014
a beautifully done movie, from the cinematography to the music to the smart dialogue. it allowed you to see the world that Frida saw which was very transcending and beautifully done.
Salma Hayek never looked more beautiful, she disappeared in the character which is something I always admire when I watch a movie where I get to forget that I am watching a motion picture but a life being portrayed in front of me and some how I am a witness to it.
if one thing I would critic is that I wish that the dialogue was in Spanish.
½ April 6, 2014
This comes across as a Mexican housewife takes to painting. Yawn. If you don't have close contact with Mexican culture it might be entertaining, but living in Southern California the movie is a series of very trite stereotypes to me. Beware the rave reviews that come just because it's a Mexican-centric film and because of the stellar cast. I did not find it very entertaining.