Friday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday Reviews

½ April 23, 2016
Loved this film back in the day and still do a classic 90's comedy with Tucker before he found god and stopped smokin da herb
April 11, 2016
A true classic full of fun and laughs with a sense of realism involved
½ April 1, 2016
Very stupid but very funny at the same time!
March 3, 2016
An entertaining and down to Earth film that offers glimpses into the lives of its charismatic leads Ice Cube and Chris Tucker.
½ February 13, 2016
73%
Saw this on 12/2/16
Friday is not that funny, whatever small laughs the film manages to bring, its because of the cast, especially by John Witherspoon who is the only consistently funny player here. However, Friday attains some momentum towards the end, however it's still a let down compared to the expectations I had.
January 30, 2016
Laugh yo ass off, DAMNnnnnn!!!!
January 23, 2016
A hilarious comedy version of Boyz n the Hood that Ice Cube did a few years later. It even has a lot of the same actors.
January 12, 2016
It's hard to know just how much of Friday's greatness was intentional or just a happy accident. Not that I'm really having a go at F. Gary Gray, but I'm not really a big believer in his work, and this has to be his best and perhaps most ingeniously understated film for sure. The thing that makes it a winner is the authenticity of the film. It skillfully makes very funny satire about very serious social problems in everyday african american neighbourhoods, and whilst it might be tempting to think these problems are sugar-coated in their depiction, they really aren't at all. And it works because at some point you realise there's this real sense of community and love out there for each other, despite the hardships that the young men, women, and familes live with in these communities. A surpisingly effective drama too, and probably Chis Tucker's most effective role/performance.
January 10, 2016
I love this movie it so funny
½ December 17, 2015
Great. Another movie to encourage drug use. Only potheads would find this funny. Me? Not so much.
November 20, 2015
Great movie and still timeless!!
September 29, 2015
Watched it over 10 times.
September 26, 2015
wouldn't play the movie
September 20, 2015
FREAKING HILARIOUS !!!!!!!
September 13, 2015
One of the funniest movies ever made.
August 24, 2015
Even though it's a Monday night, i turned it into a Friday night just because i haven't yet experienced what all the commotion was about. I do believe this would've been better watching it outside on my porch smokin' up my popeye candy sticks. Grade A acting from Chris Tucker, i liked him in this role. Yes, he has that annoying sound to him but that's what makes him funny. Ice Cube is ok, his character is replaceable really. It's sort of like an urban version of Clerks just without the store, a guy losing his job on his day off and spends his life relaxing at home chilling with his friend Smokey. This movie has a 77% Fresh Tomatoes so that's telling you it's a worthwhile comedy and i'll back them up on it too. Just hoping the sequels are on par with Friday..
August 23, 2015
Classic. Plain and simple.
½ July 31, 2015
20 years later this movie still holds up.
July 7, 2015
Gray's direction and the performances by Cube and Tucker are mainly bringing the film into one of the best cult classics that will be ever watch.