Friday the 13th Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Part 2 Reviews

July 16, 2017
Not only the best Friday The 13th movie, but also is scary thrilling and downright entertaining. I personally think it's one of the best horror sequels of all time. Thank you Steve Miner.
July 4, 2017
Meh it's okay don't expect anything special
½ July 3, 2017
I liked this one better than the first Friday the 13th. It has better production value and better acting. The psychological thriller aspect of Jason and his mother is intriguing. This one also has the awesome line "Terry you turkey" so this movie is clearly a winner.
July 2, 2017
This one totaly sets out for improvement all the way" what a sequal to a more duller slasher . This one turns the franchise in a whole different path, and brings jason into this slasher franchise installment" totaly scary and suspenceful.
June 28, 2017
Pretty good but a bit cheesy at some points
June 26, 2017
Scary,intense and a classic horror film
½ June 21, 2017
A very suspenseful movie with more character personality than the last one. Sure, the ending was a mysterious downplay, but was scary knowing Jason was alive and well.
June 21, 2017
I grew up watching these Friday the 13th movies. This one is rather dull really. The acting is terrible. The story is worse than the first one. The production looks like your typical low budget movie. I give it 2 stars for Kristen Baker.
½ June 10, 2017
Jason is the killer this time around and has several improvements over the original in charchters but is still silly and over the top redundancy.
½ June 3, 2017
I wouldn't actually say this movie does anything other than finally introducing Jason Vorhees (Warrington Gillette) in an early form (no hockey mask yet). This movie was released a year after the first film, but timeline wise it takes place 5 years after the events of the first film. This time we once again center on some summer counselors, but they're not at Camp Crystal Lake they're at a counselor training camp close to the first camp, but not the first camp (yet still part of the same lake...it helps not to think it through). The camp is overseen by a guy named Paul (John Furey) and his assistant/girlfriend Ginny (Amy Steel). There's another patch of counselors as well, but as you know it it doesn't really quite matter. The film has no character development (as if we were there for that) and of course still has some creepy moments. It's actually a tad bit less gory then the first film as well. it does introduce Jason and how crazy he is, so it has that, but outside of that there's not much here that isn't super predictable other than a sort of weird ending.
May 29, 2017
Two movies in, and Jason has yet to even look at a hockey mask. Still, despite this being a blatant retread of the first (indistinguishable camp counselors gather, they hear horror, they laugh them off, they slowly die), there's still some good stuff here. The deaths are simple and startling, Jason's intro is pretty cool and the last 20 minutes with the "rebirth" of Mrs. Voorhees are schlocky fun.
April 12, 2017
I Only Like Jason Voorhees With A Hockey Mask On His Face, A Bald Head And A Machete In His Hand.
April 6, 2017
It's not as good as the original, but Steve Miner's direction is strong, and Jason makes for a much better villain than his mother. Most of the acting is good, and the kills are just as gruesome as the original.
March 27, 2017
I love it only because it's so damn cheesy.
March 11, 2017
Strong entry in a fun horror franchise. Vickie's death was memorable because it was creepy and sad.
March 5, 2017
One of the franchise's high points. It's a routine slasher (Halloween in the woods) done by the books, complete with jump scares, cheesy dialogue, and cool kills. Perfect midnight movie.
½ February 26, 2017
Friday the 13th Part 2 set the stage for Jason Voorhees in his debuting appearance as the campground killer -- and represents one of the most important moments in the classic franchise's history with a sometimes clumsy but deliciously gory showcase for its killer's deadly talents.
February 6, 2017
I really don't know which is better the original or this out of the original 80s Friday the 13th movies. These are the best 80s, not whole franchise just 80s. Back to the movie, the kills are well done and can be freaky in lots of ways and make it unique. Even if its not really scary the kills are still good in any time. The cast is not relevant today but meh they are cheesy acting so its okay. The plot is the same old cabin in the woods teenagers get murdered and yadaydadyada but its how its is. This is also Jason Voorhess first time as the slaughtering maniac which is really what its iconic for. However the plot twist is so bad its good or the ending is... never-mind. The mask is just a bag but it actually makes seance Jason cant find anything else to cover his face. Enjoyable, fun, cliched, cheesy, meh scary, and recommended to slasher fans. 4 stars 82%
½ February 5, 2017
first one was better but that's not saying much
January 29, 2017
Dumb ok just another Friday the 13th that doesn't show Jason's iconic hockey mask. I'm still waiting, please say that they will finally show Jason's hockey mask after 3 flipping movies. This movie is pretty much the first movie but with Jason Voorhees murdering college kids that are counselors and with a new cast because duh, everybody in the first Friday the 13th movie died except the one girl but soon dies after the first 4 minutes of the movie. This movie isn't special in any way but I do like that Jason is killing people instead of his mother. And I also like that he's getting revenge not only for himself because of what happened with the counselors long ago when he was a child but also for his mom. I don't get how his mom's head is all moldy and rotten, wouldn't it already decomposed by now, it's been five years since the one girl chopped her head off but hey logic never works out in horror movies.