Reviews

• Sep 12, 2021

Take the first Friday the 13th, remove the little that's good about it, and then you have Friday the 13th Part 2. It's so bad, it's laughable. Bad writing, bad acting, bad filmmaking, it's the full package. The only good thing about this instalment is the introduction of Jason.

• Sep 01, 2021

Almost the same plot as the first one. Not very innovative.

Almost the same plot as the first one. Not very innovative.

• Aug 24, 2021

Cheap copy of the original with a worse story and a plot that makes no sense at all, Jason is a moron and has mommy issues, effects are just as bad as the first.

• Aug 18, 2021

And the franchise just keeps rolling on in the wrong direction!

And the franchise just keeps rolling on in the wrong direction!

• Aug 15, 2021

Great sequel and improves on the original in many aspects. Love the introduction of Jason the characters are surprisingly well written with Ginny being one of the genre's best final girls. Must see for see for slasher fans

• Aug 04, 2021

Friday the 13th part 2 the movie to put Jason as the slasher king. now if you have not watched the first friday the 13th you may not know but Jason is not the killer his mother is because Jason drowned. how did he live in the woods for 20+ years who knows but anyway lets get in to what I do like. what I do like is how good the continuity is with the First film. camp crystal lake has become a legend and the fact that Alice hardy is back (andreinne king) now sadly that's the only things I really do like this movie has a lot more flaws with me then it has things I like. one thing I did not like was Jason's design...really your going to have your main killers mask just be a potato sack now I love sackhead Jason but com on man that's the best you could think of? another thing is the rushed production of the film it just fells rushed the first ten minutes is just Alice rolling around in her bed dreaming of what happened in the fist movie... for twelve minutes and the movie is only 86 minutes long!so the entire meat of the story is only 70 minutes! another thing I did not like about this movie is how little Jason is in this movie in the entire 86 minute runtime I estimate that Jason is in the movie for about 10 minutes.now you might be saying what about in the first friday the 13th movie the killer was only in that film for 10 minutes well at least it was creative the killers are done in the same manner as the fist movie! anyway that was the review thanks for reading and overall I give this film a 4/10 2/5

• Aug 02, 2021

Slightly better than the first movie but achieves nothing other than establishing the main villain of the franchise.

• Jul 12, 2021

This one obviously dreads sundown

This one obviously dreads sundown

• Jul 04, 2021

Despite all the retcons it brings to its predecessor and the plot holes it brings for the sake of having the movie happen the way it does...Friday the 13th, Part 2 is a sequel that's honestly better than its predecessor, thanks to more convincing performances, a more interesting and memorable heroine, better scares & kills and of course, marking Jason's big-screen debut, despite having to settle for a burlap sack instead of his iconic hockey mask. While it had yet to become the notable horror franchise it would eventually turn into a year or two later, this second installment in the series is still trashy fun.

• Jun 29, 2021

While not as good as the first, this is a great horror film that mixes suspense and gore together to make an amazing classic that all horror fans will enjoy.