Friday the 13th Part 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Part 3 Reviews

½ February 5, 2017
smh the only good thing about this flim was the legendary hockey mask
½ January 24, 2017
Why is this one not more appreciated? Creepy good style, self-aware of its camp factor but manages to play it for scare more than for laugh. Also the script is a big improvement from part 2, with an A story and a B plot that complements each other.
January 15, 2017
Nah Part 2 Was Better But I Liked this movie it's because Jason Got His AWESOME Hockey Mask for the first Time! which I liked about the movie Good Job Jason! HAVE A COOKIE!
January 15, 2017
Jason gets his iconic mask!
November 1, 2016
This is the same exact thing as the other movies, there's nothing new or special about it.
November 1, 2016
It's pretty cool to see how Jason gets a hold of the iconic hockey mask we know him for. The movie itself it good enough for horror fans (myself included) but Parts 1 and 2 are better in my opinion. The characters were ok...they definitely didn't stand out like in the previous two films. And yes, some of the kills were still pretty good. Overall, I rate it a 6/10 OR 3/5
½ October 31, 2016
Higher production values, better acting and Jason's iconic look. The best of the original three films.
October 30, 2016
I can't tell you why but I enjoy this movie so much. Now I've always been a fan of the F13th series and this is the best one in my opinion.
½ October 12, 2016
Weakest of the four I've seen so far, but not bad.
½ October 7, 2016
Continued Crystal Lake bloodletting, now with 100% more hockey mask. Characterization has improved from the pitiful showing in Part 2, but that's close to the textbook definition of a backhanded compliment. We still endure some painfully awkward social interactions and idiotic decisions from the cast, and linger too long in their dry, boring daylight scenes. The series has moved past the camp counselor-as-victim model, though it doesn't seem to make much of a difference: these generic teenagers don't behave much differently. Jason continues to be omnipresent, basically signifying a transition point between every scene. Time to move our perspective into the bedroom? Well, let's just cram a shadowy figure or heavy work boot into the end of the preceding shot. Don't forget the trademarked stalking/heavy breathing melody. His problems with closing the deal also persist: the guy is downright psychic for the first dozen kills, but when the number of survivors drops to one or two, all of a sudden he can't get out of his own way. Sloppy and poorly made, like many of the era's horror movies, but also oddly charming for many of the same reasons.
August 8, 2016
There is no doubt that the Friday the 13th films are awful, but Part 3 is the series best installment because it is the only one to make some effort at developing its characters. Not all the characters are developed. There are at least two characters who are somewhat interesting; the film's survivor named Chris (or Chrissy) who manages to escape from Jason by sticking an axe in his head, and Shelley who is nerdy, insecure, overweight, a practical joker, and very horny. Part 3 is extremely silly at times, and the deaths are over the top, ridiculous, and cartoony. It is a stupid film, but kind of funny and entertaining.
August 7, 2016
I liked it about the same as the first and a little more than the second. I was getting sick of the first person viewpoint of the killers and it was nice to actually see what Jason was doing for once. He FINALLY gets his mask in this one too (that's when the perspective changes). This was probably the most entertaining one so far, but the formula is getting old. There was no difference in story or setting yet and it's just getting boring. Still get the fake ending (and it's STILL the same thing, I don't understand why they keep doing it other than to joke with the audience) and the stupid 10 minute recap/flashback at the beginning of the movie so that we know the story continues...even though there is a PART III IN THE TITLE.
½ August 4, 2016
I have plenty of defenses for the first two films, but I have difficulty with this one. However, if you're looking for a fun, goofy movie to talk at with your buddies than look no further.
July 27, 2016
A slight improvement to the second film, but it still feels like we're watching the same movie over and over again. At least Jason dons his famous hockey mask in this installment.
July 14, 2016
A fantastic film in the Friday the 13th series! With the infamous first appearance of the Hockey mask. This movie has great 3D shots, and great suspense!
July 13, 2016
My favorite installment from my favorite franchise!
July 11, 2016
Jason! The third film of the series is more creative then the other films and even manages to set an interesting story but it's still the Slash and Sex formula. The film still was pretty fun and spooky in a cheesy way!
½ July 11, 2016
The one thing setting this apart from your normal Friday the 13th sequel is the fact that Jason (played by the late Richard Brooker) is terrifyingly good.
½ July 9, 2016
I honestly consider Friday The 13th Part 3 one of the very last "great" films in the series, before the franchise went completely downhill with new actors, new directors, and movie studios that didn't manage the film all that great. This film tried to be slightly different with the adding of 3D which was something really unneeded and something that sidetracked the film off from surpassing the previous film. And that's another thing that really killed the series, how every installment after one specific one tried to be really different, but it just ended off hurting the film and being really stupid. But other than the small 3D problem, this film was really fun to watch and was extremely remembering all the way through.
July 9, 2016
Part 3 is the first movie in the series that has no mystery or suspense, because the viewer knows who the killer is the entire movie. At least we get to see the iconic hockey mask Jason for the first time. Overall a gory movie with very little creativity.that at times has pretty poor film quality. Still an entertaining horror flick.