Friday the 13th Part 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Part 3 Reviews

October 31, 2017
One of the best ones
½ October 29, 2017
While a slight step up from its predecessor, it still isn't anything different from the first 2 in the series.
½ October 23, 2017
It wasn?t great, but it wasn?t terrible either.
October 21, 2017
Friday The 13th Part 3: While lacking orignaility Part 3 is a fun house packed with plenty of blood and scares. With a smart usage of 3-D to add to the fun.
½ October 19, 2017
I give this a high rating because I enjoyed finally getting to see Jason on screen, in the hockey mask and everything, His portrayal was fantastic as well.
½ October 19, 2017
Jason continues his onslaught with the reveal of his iconic hockey mask. Quite possibly the best fight and run finale sequence of its time.
October 15, 2017
I want to start off by listing the positives of Friday the 13th Part 3. With the exception of the jarring opening/end credit theme, Harry Manfredini's score shines here as it did in the first two installments. We also have the introduction of Jason Voorhees' iconic hockey goalie mask, which has come to help instantly identify the character and transcend the genre. Lastly, as always (and as odd as it may be to say), the murders are always creative and entertaining. However, these factors aren't enough to carry this film, as they're almost not enough to get it to two stars. Though the acting in the first two movies is far from Oscar-worthy, one can still overlook the performances to enjoy themselves. Not so much here, where the cartoonish acting really heads into overdrive. This helps to illustrate how annoying the stock characters are, or worse, how little we care about them. Then there's the lack on continuity between this one and Part 2. Granted, a slasher movie shouldn't be held to the same standards of canon a Star Wars or Marvel film is, but here the lack of attention to what has come before is jarring and almost laughable. The main example of this is Jason's face, which looks nothing like the face we saw in Part 2. Additionally, while the Jason in Part 2 was portrayed as a deranged hick, here he comes across as more of a clone of Halloween's Michael Myers. One would think the director of this one didn't bother to watch what came before, except Steve Miner directed both films, which boggles the mind. Despite these heavy complaints, I will say that it doesn't reach the level of absurdity some of the later installments would. However, Friday the 13th Part 3 is sadly probably only for fans who are completists.
October 14, 2017
Better than the original but not better than part 2.
½ October 13, 2017
Known almost exclusively as the one where Jason gets his iconic mask, Friday the 13th Part 3 fails to deliver even a modicum of horror. Set about a day after Part 2 ended, this one takes place in a cabin in the woods where the main character has this fear that she is trying to overcome due to a traumatic experience she had some years prior when she had a run-in with Jason. Jason then picks them off one by one until the main character is all that's left. There really isn't much to say about this installment as it's rather bland overall. None of the kills are particularly memorable and the only real difference between this one and the other two is that this one was shot in 3D.
½ October 9, 2017
this one is iconic, but, it's flaws are remain in tact.
September 22, 2017
Friday the 13th Part 3 is little more than an excuse to use some then-new 3D effects. So many completely unnecessary 3D effects. That being said, there's no denying how gory and scary some of those effects are, especially with Jason Voorhees delivering the kills and Steve Miner in the director's chair. Sadly, Part 3 brings absolutely nothing new to the franchise, dragging it down to third worst in the franchise.
½ September 19, 2017
I can't tell you why but I enjoy this movie so much. Now I've always been a fan of the F13th series and this is the best one in my opinion.
½ August 24, 2017
Jason (Here played by Richard Brooker) gets his mask. The iconic version of Jason gets his very first kill here, and a good amount if the deaths are pretty good. I also thought Dana Kimmell was mighty pretty as final girl Chris. Unfortunately, this version tries to do a few too many "clever" twists on things found in the first film, we have an annoying subplot involving a mean motorcycle gang, and it's all in 3D (Meaning many cheap 3-D effects). This is certainly one of the weaker installments of the franchise, but it's not without its hokey charms plus it's worth a watch just to see the birth of a horror icon.
½ August 4, 2017
Before I get into this review I want to say , finally I've seen Jason with his iconic hockey mask. Now on to the review. Terrible, terrible third installment in the Friday the 13th franchise starring again some random horrible actors. The only reason I keep watching these movies are because they're hilarious, watching them in 2017 is funny because the horror is dumb and in present day it's more scary. I know that their are other movies and I'm still going to keep watching them.
August 4, 2017
probably my personal favorite of the franchise being the first horror movie I watched at the age of 5 it without a doubt has its dumb moments but then again all of the films do I felt the Jason in this film was the most terrifying he has ever been using the advantage of not dying with a cocky smile on his face was really what made him more scary in this film than the last .
August 2, 2017
While lacking originality Part 3'a use of 3D effects and offering of plenty of thrills makes it almost as good as two. With a scary ending.
August 1, 2017
I enjoyed this one more then the second part. The kills were better and the overall movie was more fun and funny. The climax was good. And Jason finally gets the hockey mask.
½ July 31, 2017
Friday the 13th Part III trades some suspense and tension for campy 80s charm. Unfortunately it's not a fair trade as the camp hardly works and the laughs are few and far between. The 3D segments range from eyeroll inducing to laughable awesome, though mostly the former. This time around our cast of young adults has the charisma of a doorknob and are as forgettable as ever.
½ July 28, 2017
Very basic movie but with cheesy acting and props. Its entertaining but really cheesy.
½ July 13, 2017
it's innocent campy fun. it's typical and has the worst acting in the whole series from the hippy stoner woman. but I'm a huge fan of this series and this movie.