Friday the 13th Part VII - The New Blood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Part VII - The New Blood Reviews

½ May 17, 2017
This is a typical Jason Voorhees movie. Full of thrills, chills, spills and kills, horrible acting, choppy dialogue and mind boggling logic. The writers of this movie did want to distance themselves from the previous instalments by including the telekinetic protagonist. As some have dubbed this Jason vs Carrie, it takes a while for the two main characters to finally face one another. Once Jason has thoroughly mowed down his favorite victims, teenagers, he must go head to head with a woman who has the ability to move matter with just her mind. The showdown is really drawn out, showcasing both her abilities and her strengths as well as Jason's seeming immortality, his gruesome visage and his unrelenting will to kill. The deaths in this movie are not as imaginative as in previous movies in the series but they still have a sense of brutality that only Jason can provide. In conclusion, if you enjoy Jason's movies, you will truly enjoy this film.
½ April 6, 2017
It's not the best Friday the 13th sequel, but it's also not the worst. The New Blood shows us what a Jason vs Carrie fight could be like, even if the girl is a different character, and for that I give it 2.5 stars.
½ March 7, 2017
Carrie vs Jason. This is the first F13 movie to give its protagonist some character development, which is a nice touch. Sadly, the movie is bereft of suspense since we know where Jason is all the time. The final showdown is pretty badass, though.
February 6, 2017
by far the worst one . I guess they push Jason vs carry lol
½ February 1, 2017
These movies always have low ratings, and while I understand that completely from a critical point of view, I still have a crazy amount of guilty pleasure towards them. This is the first film where Kane Hodder plays Jason so it is dear to my heart in all of it's over the top and cheesy glory. I give it a higher rating based on my level of enjoyment more so than the overall quality of the film.
½ January 18, 2017
An absolute waste of time.
January 17, 2017
Kane Hodder and Lar Park-Lincoln are great and this adds something new and interesting to the story but it's still mostly the same.
½ January 15, 2017
Same Same Same Ratings every time These Movies gotta get better! Or stop being made or a remake I don't know do something to this Horror franchise!!!
½ January 5, 2017
Average score, amateur acting, clichéd story and cheesy kills. Honestly, the entertainment value isn't any better than the original movies. And here I thought that Part VI would be the turning point. I couldn't have been more wrong.
November 2, 2016
I thought the idea of beating Jason via telekinesis was pretty cool and no too over the top. The actors are ok, the kills were a little weaker than usual in my opinion...but overall, I still enjoyed the movie. I rate it 6/10 OR 3/5
October 29, 2016
You would think after six movies worth of murders, the government would just blow up camp crystal lake. I thought this wasn't that bad of a Friday the 13th film but I guess they ran out of ideas. I mean come on, a girl with telekinesis I know a super strength zombie is attacking everyone but still. The deaths were okay and the effect weren't bad. So watch if you please.
½ October 23, 2016
The first bad one. This is a 2 1/2 out of 5 for me. VI was a 3. But, this isn't without a few good ideas. And I like Kane Hodder's physicality a lot. It's just not a good movie though.
October 17, 2016
Jason rises again to stab, slice and sever the partygoing youths of Crystal Lake. This time, he stares down with a fellow supernatural: Tina, a troubled young woman with telekinetic abilities and an equally tragic history with the location. Points for shaking up the formula a tad, but this gimmick is just as ham-fisted and overplayed as everything else the series has tried to freshen itself up. Along with Tina's bad floating-toaster act, we still get the requisite amount of shallow teenage stereotypes - boring characters who don't really deserve their fate but certainly won't be mourned - and magical Jason hide-and-seek performances. Once again crippled by the censors, the kills are all cut short, and without those frequent, bloody, money shots to rely on, there's really no reason to bother tuning in. This entry's final surprise - a callback to the first film that's already been aped once or twice before - is so snort-inducingly bad I can't believe it actually got the green light. Stupid, toothless, time-wasting schlock.
September 28, 2016
One of the better ones in the franchise
August 8, 2016
Has Kane Hodder as Jason, and...not much else. They were going for a Jason v.s Carrie thing here, but it just wasn't that exciting or scary. Not a good movie at all, but that's not really a surprise is it?
August 3, 2016
A fairly average flick. There were some fun and grisly new makeup effects for Jason, but the story fell flat for me.
July 15, 2016
Jason VS Carrie! Love it! Jason also has never looked better, both with and without the hockey mask.
July 15, 2016
Another great Friday the 13th! It may have a weak plot, but Jason in this film is better then ever! With Kane Hodder behind the mask, this action packed Friday the 13th will keep you on the edge of your seat.
July 12, 2016
Carrie meets Voorhees! I really had fun with this film. Sure it was terrible but it was refreshing to see an original idea in such a bland series! It takes a more supernatural turn and sets the idea of Freddy and Jason living in the same universe!
July 11, 2016
Meh. This entry would've been marginally better if the MPAA hadn't *ahem* butchered it the way they did. Check it out on YouTube or your DVD extras. There's gore galore in them thar deleted scenes.