Friday the 13th Part VII - The New Blood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Part VII - The New Blood Reviews

½ October 19, 2017
I liked the heroine story of the film, had a different, fresh take on the series.
October 19, 2017
If a dream match was ever to be put in place, then it had to be a Jason Vs Carrie, and a well played out matchup it was. However, Tina Shepard doesn't have a heavily religious mother and earth shattering abilities. In fact, her mother is more towards the norm making Tina less uncanny. Possibly the best of the series with the best actor to portray the hockey masked killer.
October 9, 2017
Not a big fan of this entry for some reason.
½ September 22, 2017
It's not the best Friday the 13th sequel, but it's also not the worst. The New Blood shows us what a Jason vs Carrie fight could be like, even if the girl is a different character. Kane Hodder is also great as Jason. Sadly, all the other teenagers were so unmemorable they may as well have not had names.
August 30, 2017
Jason vs. a telepathic teen. It's about as good as you would expect it to be, which is to say not very. The characters are uninteresting, and the deaths/kills are unimpressive (except for one that involves a saw). This was Kane Hodder's first appearance as Jason, but that's not reason enough to sit through this cliche'd, dull, bland, boring mess. Stay away
August 12, 2017
Again with the Friday the 13th movies, I'm not going to ramble of how this movie is the worst Friday the 13th movie because that's what I've been saying to every Friday 13 film since the 3 movie. I'll say that the teens are getting dumber.
August 10, 2017
It was ok. It had a unique spin compared to the other movies. The kills were heavily edited to the point that there was no blood in lots of them. The special effects on Jason were really good and some of the stunts were cool. I enjoyed the ending fight and the big explosion.
August 4, 2017
Here with part 6 Jason Lives the films begin picking up again though becoming obviously silly in certain ways on how the story is told . But it is never boring or never seems to disappoint on Jason's crazy and fun ways on hunting his victims certainly a good comeback.
½ August 2, 2017
Everything you'd expect from the 7th installment from the Friday The 13Th series.
July 28, 2017
My favorite friday the 13th movie. The characters are good and the plot is something new. I couldn't find a single thing bad well some other people could.
July 4, 2017
I was ok with this Jason film! I like the whole "Carrie" aspect was pretty neat, and the acting wasn't terrible. I would add this to the list of decent Jason films for sure.
½ June 10, 2017
AKA Carrie Vs Jason, its more or less the same but due to the MPAA's heavy biase against the series the film was heavily censored. Worth the climax scene but otherwise its fairly dull.
June 9, 2017
This is probably the most over the top this franchise has gone (Jason's practically an undead god at this point and it's still nuts. This film takes place ten years after the events of Friday the 13th Part VI Jason Lives (1986). This film centers around a young girl named Tina Shepard (Lar Park-Lincoln) who....has psychic powers. She returns to the area of Camp Crystal Lake with her mother Amanda (Susan Blu) and her doctor Dr. Crews (Terry Kiser). Dr. Crews is trying to bring about Tina's psychic abilities by agitating her. It's some really bizarre shit to say the least. Meanwhile across the street is a bunch of kids throwing a birthday party for their friend. They immediately don't like Tina except for Nick ((Kevin Spirtas) who is the cousin of one of the characters. Well long and behold Tina's psychic powers accidentally free Jason (Kane Hodder) from his underwater prison and he's back with a vengeance. The kids across the street are fodder for him and he starts taking em out one by one. It's up to Tina to control her powers and save the day! Anyways this movie is just crazy. The Jason vs Tina aspect would seem cool, but this movie came out in 1988 and it comes off super cheesy. Nick is Tina's love interest here, but he could easily just be another nobody. Dr. Crews is one of the most bizarre characters that I've ever seen on this film. He's so over the top that he almost becomes the comedic relief here. There's some creepy moments here still (especially with Jason coming back from a super decomposed state), but they once again show Jason's face here near the end of the film and it just looks too fake and/or not creepy. I feel like Jason works better behind the Hockey Mask and not when we see what's under. It's his presence and his relentlessness that's creepy not actually seeing the whole thing. Overall, this one is a weaker entry in the franchise. It's too over the top and once again barely makes a difference between what's going on in the next film.
May 29, 2017
Picking up from the last film where Tommy Jarvis left Jason chained to the bottom of Crystal Lake, Mr. Voorhees is awakened from his underwater hibernation when a teen with psychic powers inadvertently sets him free. Jason then proceeds to butcher yet another set of campers. The only elements of note for this entry are that the film features Kane Hodder's first appearance as Jason, who most fans believe is the definitive Jason (thought I'm not sure his performance is really all that different from others), but I would say this film seemed to solidify Jason's character, look, and status as a supernatural creature. The film also features Terry Kiser, Bernie the hilarious dead body from "Weekend at Bernie's." Meh.
½ May 17, 2017
This is a typical Jason Voorhees movie. Full of thrills, chills, spills and kills, horrible acting, choppy dialogue and mind boggling logic. The writers of this movie did want to distance themselves from the previous instalments by including the telekinetic protagonist. As some have dubbed this Jason vs Carrie, it takes a while for the two main characters to finally face one another. Once Jason has thoroughly mowed down his favorite victims, teenagers, he must go head to head with a woman who has the ability to move matter with just her mind. The showdown is really drawn out, showcasing both her abilities and her strengths as well as Jason's seeming immortality, his gruesome visage and his unrelenting will to kill. The deaths in this movie are not as imaginative as in previous movies in the series but they still have a sense of brutality that only Jason can provide. In conclusion, if you enjoy Jason's movies, you will truly enjoy this film.
½ March 7, 2017
Carrie vs Jason. This is the first F13 movie to give its protagonist some character development, which is a nice touch. Sadly, the movie is bereft of suspense since we know where Jason is all the time. The final showdown is pretty badass, though.
February 6, 2017
by far the worst one . I guess they push Jason vs carry lol
½ February 1, 2017
These movies always have low ratings, and while I understand that completely from a critical point of view, I still have a crazy amount of guilty pleasure towards them. This is the first film where Kane Hodder plays Jason so it is dear to my heart in all of it's over the top and cheesy glory. I give it a higher rating based on my level of enjoyment more so than the overall quality of the film.
½ January 18, 2017
An absolute waste of time.
January 17, 2017
Kane Hodder and Lar Park-Lincoln are great and this adds something new and interesting to the story but it's still mostly the same.