Friday the 13th - The Final Chapter Reviews

• Oct 06, 2019

Review: ‘Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter' is an American slasher film directed by Joseph Zito. It is the fourth installment in the ‘Friday the 13th' film series. They say much like Part III, the film was originally supposed to be the final installment in the series. The studio was aware of the declining popularity of slasher films at the time of its release. As a result, the film was marketed as ‘The Final Chapter' to ensure it as such. I don't see why they would think it was going to be the final film when they left it on a cliff hanger like every other in the series. Picking up immediately after the events of ‘Friday the 13th Part III', the story follows a presumed-dead Jason Voorhees brought to the morgue, where he spontaneously revives and escapes, returning to Crystal Lake to continue his killing spree. I've got to say, the movie is still just as cheesy as its predecessors, but you can tell that the acting increases a lot between this one and ‘Part 3'. Crispin Glover, Kimberly Beck and Corey Feldman are all standouts in this movie. They did the best they could with the dialogue they were given, and it wasn't great. The movie was stuff fun, but I feel it was because of Jason himself. All of these movies are just recycled material with the same showstopper as its main focus. I think if it was just another slasher film and didn't have Jason or ‘Friday the 13th' title to back it up it wouldn't be a good time. Or at least as good of time as it was. Overall, as I said, the movie is recycled for the fourth time and nothing new is being introduced. Part of me wishes they stopped it as a trilogy, but the other part of me craves more of the cheesy blood fest. If you want a good original movie, watch ‘Friday the 13th as it stands alone. 2/5

• Oct 01, 2019

This was a good movie, and I appreciate the effort they put into. It's one of my favorites in the series.

• Sep 21, 2019

Without a doubt the best installment in the whole franchise and a fan favorite by many with its likable characters, more violent nature then the previous three and a familiar but entertaining tone that deems this installment from the others later on~

• Sep 21, 2019

If your a fan of the franchise then you'll enjoy this. If not then you'll probably be bored.

• Sep 21, 2019

Its Jason again. This movie consists of basically a buch of kids have sex and get owned by Jason. Did this show ever even have a solid plot??? Im on the fourth movie now and these are almost literally all the same! I am completely beside myself with wonder that anybody ever found this franchise entertaining or scary in the least. You barely ever even see Jason, he pops out and just owns people rarely ever even seeing his face. This epic peice of crap of a franchise has a thinly strewn together plot line, zero suspense, because you already know whats gonna happen to pretty much every character, and zero character development. When Jason owns somebody I just dont care. This show was literally made for teenagers having a slumber party who just want to get a jumpscare out of their girlfriends. If your extremely bored and all there is on tv is reruns of gameshows at 3 am maybe you could justify watching the first one but don't waste your time with the other like ten of these because your not gonna see and thing substantially new. This franchise sucks forget about it.

• Sep 19, 2019

The very best film of the series.

The very best film of the series.

• Aug 11, 2019

I've Heard A Lot Of People Say That This Is Their Favourite But I Think It's Just Good!

• Jul 24, 2019

“Final” (lol) entry is better than its immediate predecessor thanks to fun performances from soon-to-be recognizable Feldman and Glover. Fans will have plenty to enjoy, but this probably should have been Jason’s last hurrah.

• Jul 05, 2019

This is possibly one of my favorite Friday films out of all of them!! I feel like this movie should've been the first movie instead of being the forth installment. Ted White does an amazing job playing Jason and Corey Feldman does an amazing job playing as Tommy Jarvis. But my favorite character out of everyone in this film is definitely Crispin Glover playing Jimmy. The guy is super hilarious and had one of the best kills in the movie out of everybody in the film. I give this movie 5 out of 5.

• Jun 28, 2019

Jason kills campers in a movie that's only difference from the other movies is a kid with puppets