Friends and Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friends and Family Reviews

½ March 29, 2016
It kinda reversed the roles and what everyone thinks of homosexuals and in a weird manner managed to show that one's sexuality does not define who that person is.Other than that some funny situations,some really ridiculous ones,but I would say all with the appropriate respect.
November 21, 2013
A very campy, fun movie. Loved it. Pretty original plot.
½ September 20, 2012
Cute.. but to be honest, some pieces of it are completely idiotic.. my brain filtered those out while watching and I was able to enjoy the rest.. lol.. The stupid "gay" lessons, and the american militia bs was just plain dumb.. take those out and the rest was really quite adorable.. Nothing new for LGBTQ film making.. but.. sometimes you just want something that isn't taking itself too seriously. It fit the bill for today.
September 2, 2011
Why did the movie have to make the mafia soliders play flamers. The leads were all very good but players swishers not necessary. A good fun movie in a lot of ways but could have been a very enjoyable movie.
½ December 31, 2008
Despite breaking the norms off Gay & Gangster genres, it was still a farce.
½ November 21, 2008
This movie was absolutely ridiculous in the best way possible! All of the stereotypes were over the top and I loved it. There were a couple of moments where I felt things fell a little flat, but mostly, I was laughing like crazy. I also feel like an extra touch of hands here or there would have given a bit more to the boys' relationship, but there were some good looks between them. I would definitely recommend this film. Miss I-don't-like-comedies is certainly liking them tonight!
November 8, 2008
Avoids many of the pitfalls of stereotypical gay comedies by effectively making use of them. A solid premise, and this is genuinely lighthearted and weird.
October 29, 2008
Really funny. About two gay men who work for the mafia. Best lines of the whole film, "so how sis you two meet?" "we were in the army. You know that whole 'don't ask don't tell' thing?" "yeah." "Well, we asked and we told."
October 29, 2008
An amusing film, despite its flaws (not the least of which is the beyond-the-stereoptype parents of the groom). Speaking of the groom - was it just me, or did everyone else expect him to come out of the closet at some point during the film? The film has no nudity, and I don't recall any strong language either - rather refreshing for a gay film IMHO.
October 6, 2008
With two of the most unlikeable leads in gay cinema, the only thing that saved this movie were the stereotypical gay lessons to the stereotypical straight Italian mafia...and it was nice seeing my old friend, Flotilla DeBarge. If it weren't for that, this movie would have been a waste of my time.
September 9, 2008
a hilarious, gay comedy i recommend everyone see for some great laughs, and a couple of really sexy guys :)
½ September 1, 2008
Two gay lovers who work as strong arm men for the mafia is just the tip of the ice berg in this never ending tale of suprises. I really couldnt get into it.
August 17, 2008
A humorous movie about a gay couple working for a Mafia boss. Fun Fun Fun!!
July 20, 2008
Maybe because im part italian but i loved this movie. gay bodyguards with guns!
July 6, 2008
This is a nice comedy. The secret is, don't expect too much, and you'll love it. Totally recommended if you are looking for a big laugh. This is not the typical Dumb and Dumber comedy.
½ June 18, 2008
This movie has some stereotype flaws, but it's interesting and quite funny.
May 28, 2008
While this movie is rather unremarkable, I will never forget it for the simple fact that it was the first movie I saw on Netflix's "Watch Instantly" setting. The movie was cute, the plot was entertaining enough. The worst feature of the plot is that plot points that were given significant chunks of time (i.e.: the drag queens) never really panned out. Sadly, the movie--which seemed so intent on avoiding gay stereotypes--drank deep from the well of Italian, Sicilian, and rural American stereotypes. Most disappointingly, the two male leads were not believable as a gay couple. It's not because they were straight-acting and homophobic (which they were, but that was a part of the plot that worked), but because they never really showed much affection for each other. There was one moment with icing... but other than that, they seemed really disinterested in each other.
½ March 3, 2008
It is sad I had never heard of this movie before, it was very funny. Well worth a watch!
½ December 20, 2007
cute gay indie film.....surprising good and funny~
a must see.......
October 17, 2007
Loved this movie. Never saw or heard anything about this movie before today, which is both surprising and disappinting. The movie was incredibly well done and the acting is outstanding. The story challenges stereotypes both in very obvious and much more subtle ways. The messages are good and the movie is just fun! I highly recommend this film.