The Frightening - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Frightening Reviews

October 10, 2012
An Awkward waste of time.
September 19, 2012

It had a gay aura about, but I enjoyed the twist ending.
August 6, 2012
with Charity Rahmer, many worse options out there
May 19, 2011
Oh, the horror! Oh, the boxer briefs!
March 19, 2011
It was frightening that I was able to sit through this entire stinker. The storyline was just plain dumb. The acting....oh wait....there was acting in this? I couldn't tell. Nothing about this was worth a positive comment. It really was trying to be cool but failed miserably.
July 20, 2010
the frightening is a very lame movie that is unscary, hokey, and unconvincing. the acting isn't good and the when you put the storyline together it doesn't make that much sense at all. there is barely any blood and the scares are all the same, and that is just a few jumpy parts and pop outs.
½ March 18, 2010
AAARGH!!! KILL IT! KILL IT! BURN IT WITH FIRE! GAAAH!!! MY EYES! AAAAAAAAGHGHG!!! *cough*... the heroes and villains are determined by the color of their underwear. Seriously.
½ January 12, 2010
Stupid plot, poor actors....but lots of candy, but not for the mouth ;-)
December 4, 2009
Very hokey and completely unconvincing. On the plus side, decent acting and some scary moments. A bit gory, too bad the story is so dumb. Really bad writing. What else is there to say?
½ March 5, 2009
Pour l'instant, le meilleur David DeCoteau que j'ai pu voir (cela dit, apres La Legende de la Momie 2 et The Killer Eye, ce n'etait pas tres difficile).

On a droit ici a un slasher avec des ados en slip se teintant de fantastique vers la fin. Rien de bien original, certes, mais le tout reste assez prenant et suffisamment bien fait (si on oublie le montage epileptique absolument affreux de certaines scenes) pour rester interessant.
Pas mal !
July 24, 2008
Great horror movie. unspeakable fear, lots of surprises in store if you enjoy horror.
February 17, 2008
David DeCoteau changes the horror formula from breasts to boys in their underwear.
September 22, 2007
As a former high school wrestler, a movie centered around a wrestling team would normally be good viewing....not in this case. This movie made me mad in ways other crappy movies didn't. Its a shame because i wanted to like this movie too.

The plot is (at the beginning anyway) a high school wrestler killed a kid during a match and is forced to relocate as part of therapy. He moves with his mother to a nowhere town where the popular kids are on the wrestling team (wish I went to this school) Strange things begin to happen and a group of weirdos dressed in black slaughter all the freaks and geeks around school. The plot thickens and the wrestler has to decide who to fight for, the freaks or the jocks.

This movie was a big let-down. I know it was a crappy B-movie but at least since it had some wrestling in it they should have at least had some action. I mean I was hoping at the end of the movie the main character would wrestle the captain of the wrestling team/murder squad for the right to live or something. Instead we get an axe to the back and a Sixth Sense ripoff ending.

Grrr....I could have written a better script 2 out of 5
½ August 11, 2007
Just plain AWEFULL!! YOu heard of B movies, well this is a C or even a D. Evertthing from the acting to the plot and fake blood is just laughable.
½ July 13, 2007
this was a surprisingly good film.. that kept me in suspense and on the edge of my seat
½ June 1, 2007
Man eye candy and little else to keep a viewer's interest.
½ March 10, 2007
Pretty crummy story about pretty teenagers getting killed off at their highschool. The contrived "Sixth Sense" kind of ending doesn't help any. This one is a waste of time.
November 6, 2006