The Frisco Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Frisco Kid Reviews

½ May 28, 2012
When the same joke is done over and over it gets tiresome!!
May 14, 2012
Not at all what I was expecting. Not as funny...but not bad! Harrison ford is so so so young! Gene wilder is classic!
May 4, 2012
Absolument genial. Divinement drole. Le final est enorme. Oy gevald!!!
April 19, 2012
I dont want to watch.
April 13, 2012
I wanna see this because I love Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford.
½ January 5, 2012
The great Robert Aldrich's final film is a goofy ethnic comedy Western. It's extremely silly but enjoyable. It's especially fun as a genre spoof.
December 26, 2011
Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford are an odd pairing indeed. But are they really? Both actors from the midwest, both raised Jewish, though neither of them claim being devout anymore. Ford, happened to even mention to Wilder that as an amateur carpenter, he had bought the floorboards from a military academy that Wilder had attended.

The two would never work together again. Wilder's career would plateau for the most part while Ford would rocket to stardom. They often seem awkward to me, but I enjoyed it. It's a little schmaltzy and really, could've been set in the present day for all the difference it made. Still some funny moments and talented acting.
October 15, 2011
An absurd little comedy western matching two of the biggest movie stars of all time. Does this pairing work? For the most part. The film succeeds because, despite Wilder going a little off his rocker in a few scenes, the film manages to find a good balance between drama and comedy, which in my opinion is the most important part of any comedy. The chemistry between two talents like Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford makes this movie totally watchable, even if it does feel derivative at times. I think Wilder knew exactly how funny it would be for a Polish rabbi to say howdy.
July 12, 2011
This movie was GREAT fun and begs for a re-make, but I don't know that it would have the same fun without Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford. As long as the re-make cast didn't try to "re-create" what those two actors did.
June 21, 2011
With Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford teaming up this had the potential to film packed to the brim with AWESOME but instead it ended up as a very slight comedy with a few laughs and over abundance of ethnic humor. Harrison ford is solid and plays his roguish bank robber character with intensity but I don't think anyone told him he was in a comedy. Gene Wilder merely coast by using words like tukus and a silly polish accent to get by.
May 23, 2011
Offbeat western buddy comedy from director Robert Aldrich featuring the odd, but ultimately inspired pairing of Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford. It's uneven and leisurely-paced for maybe the first half, but once the chemistry between Wilder and Ford gels, it's a lot of fun.
½ March 1, 2011
The wild west just got wilder...Gene Wilder, that is, in this kosher comedy, that I've always loved since I first saw it on HBO in 1980, and maybe a thousand times more since! Wilder plays Avram Belinski, a Polish rabbi who embarks on a long and often dangerous pilgrimage from Poland to San Fransisco. Joining him is Harrison Ford, fresh off his success from "Star Wars", as Tommy Lillard, an overly cautious bank robber who must keep Wilder on his toes at all times, and all costs. Add to the mix a few ruthless killers, some wild indians, and plenty of laughs, and "The Frisco Kid" becomes more than just a movie...It's a lesson in friendship you'll never forget! Rated PG: (Adult Language, Violence). 1979 2 HRS.
February 5, 2011
This is a real Jewish-American tale, would definately be appreciated by people with a background in both. Loved the dynamic between Ford and Wilder, definately a gem.
February 3, 2011
If you haven't seen this movie-Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!
January 16, 2011
Watchable, mainly fors nostalgia reason.
January 7, 2011
This isn't a very well known comedy, but it's very funny and it was interesting to see Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford working together in a movie. If you like either of them, I recommend seeing this movie, it's fun.
December 27, 2010
One of Gene Wilder's best and Harrison Ford's first starring role
½ December 11, 2010
It's a funny movie to get you by your Lazy Sunday.
December 1, 2010
1 of my favorite Gene Wilder movies & 1 of the VERY few Harrison Ford movies I actually liked.A great Western buddy flick.I enjoyed it from start to finish.
½ September 28, 2010
There is a lot going into this that you already know, like Harrison Ford just did "Star Wars" a year or two before this came out, and that Gene Wilder is funny enough. :) I saw this in the library available for borrowing and got it because of Harrison Ford in it. I gotta say, although the movie was released in 1979, I still enjoyed this one and found it funny enough that I laughed at the movie where it was funny. Although it is an old one, people that like humour and can enjoy a western comedy will definitely enjoy this film too. I'm gonna see about borrowing "Blazing Saddles" too, and hope that it is the non-PC version as the original is. :)