From the Manger to the Cross (Jesus of Nazareth) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From the Manger to the Cross (Jesus of Nazareth) Reviews

May 28, 2017
I don't know if it's just the version I'm watching, but the music is so powerful it makes the film. However, this could have been added later, so I'm not sure how it should affect the rating. It really is incredible to see Egypt in 1912. Why does it end with the worst part?? Then again, the title is a giveaway. Still. Ending at a dying savior and going no further to complete the story left me with a bad taste. This is why there was an updated version in 1916 with resurrection scenes. That version, called Jesus of Nazareth, is superior. That is what I'm reviewing.
½ June 6, 2015
With way too many intertitles, troublesome pacing, way too short running time and awful approach and execution which is bland and very by-the-numbers, From the Manger to the Cross has some good technical aspects, but it is not remembered today for all the good reasons because it fails to bring its subject matter to life and fails to bring energy and sophistication into the project. It is a very problematic film which is definitely not good and a huge disappointment.
½ February 25, 2014
In this century old silent epic, the life of Jesus Christ is depicted from birth to death, with some images of the figure looking very important intercut with title cards directly quoting the Bible. It is ok I guess, if certainly to see such an early screen adaptation of Jesus...but it is kind of dull. It is neat that they shot it in actual locations though.
alice5mith
½ April 4, 2010
Excessively narrative, loses the essence.