From Noon Till Three Reviews

• May 16, 2019

Very entertaining. Refreshing to see Bronson and Ireland do a romantic comedy. Something different and original.

• May 04, 2019

odd that the "romance of the century" began when charles bronson rapes the woman he has just taken hostage in her own home

• Aug 31, 2014

A Rogue & A Queer Bird makes history from noon till three in this outrageous western--A stirring little gem with an unbronsonesque Bronson!

• Jan 02, 2014

I will let nothing ruin our legend. A group of four robbers stop at a house on the outskirts of a small town in hopes of stealing a horse. The woman of the house claims she doesn't have any horses and the robbers send a man in to check in her barn. He comes out and reports she does not have any horses. As punishment, the man is told he has to stay behind while the three robbers go into town and survey the scene. While the robbers are gone, three hours, the woman of the house and left robber fall in love; unfortunately, the three robbers in town get caught and sentenced to a hanging. The robber at the house is convinced by the woman of the house to go save the men. He is captured and sent to jail and the woman of the house writes a book about their love story. After he gets out of jail, can the robber and woman of the house hook back up? "I'm willing to take a chance." "So am I." Frank Gilroy, director of The Gig, The Luckiest Man in the World, Once in Paris, Desperate Characters, The Turning Point of Jim Mallow, and Nero Wolfe, delivers From Noon till Three. The storyline for this picture is actually very interesting, well written, and well throughout. The characters, script, and acting are all excellent and the cast includes Charles Bronson, Jill Ireland, Douglas Fowley, and Anne Ramsey. "Where is everybody?" "I don't know and I don't care as long as they stay there." I DVR'd this classic Charles Bronson picture off cable recently. I am a fan of Bronson despite his very inconsistent resume. There are a lot of really bad films on Bronson's resume, but this is not one of them. This is actually a very smart and creative picture for the western genre. I strongly recommend seeing this picture and adding it to your DVD collection if you are a fan of the genre. "I never robbed a bank with a virgin before." Grade: A-

• Jul 02, 2013

Not high on comedy, but the chemistry between Bronson and Ireland is there, although given they were married in real life it is no surprise.

• Aug 10, 2012

I own this on DVD in a two movie pack along with: * Assassination (1987)

I own this on DVD in a two movie pack along with: * Assassination (1987)

• Apr 22, 2012

A romantic Western comedy with a number of surprising twists; featuring Charles Bronson in a role pretty much the opposite of his usual image and myth. Funny and melancholic, this film is bound to delude the expectations of die hard action fans. It offers much better qualities indeed.

• Oct 01, 2011

The film doesn't totally work, but there are many things to like about it, expecially Bronson and Ireland. It's a charming yet sad and tragic romance between outlaw Bronson and widower Ireland. It's always fun to see Bronson play something outside of his usual tough guy roles because he did them so infrequently and was always so good. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for Bronson fans, or western fans, or even romance fans, but I liked it. I'm not really sure what demographic the film was aimed at.

• May 08, 2011

One of my all time favorite movies. It is a western that is not about the West, a Bronson movie that is not about action-adventure. It is about identity in the modern world.

• Nov 26, 2010

Like Chino, this has Bronson and wife Ireland in an unlikely romance which features a serio-comic rape sequence. Which probably says less about them than it speaks to the fact that their late careers might have been better spent in HK cat. III sex comedies. http://www.hulu.com/watch/165630/from-noon-till-three