From Prada to Nada - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From Prada to Nada Reviews

May 29, 2016
Terrible plot. All positive references to family (and that's it) are drowned out almost entirely in an intolerably self-absorbed melodrama filled with shallow, predictable characters that never stop whining.
April 30, 2016
Relies on gross stereotypes and a shallow script, yet still bearable to the end
April 8, 2016
i have watched two other films that are so similar to this, it made this film seem like de ja vu. But of the three films, Materials Girls and Cow Belles are the other two, I can honestly say that this is the best of all. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is actually some depth and reality in this film. Worth watching.
March 13, 2016
Extremely predictable and not very good.
½ September 22, 2015
2 stars for culture, 1 star for acting, and 1/2 star for unoriginal but classic
February 12, 2015
From Prada to Nada feels like a cheaply made television movie, with acting and writing to match. Whether it is the cheesy and predictable plot, to the painfully irritating characters, this movie fails to maintain interest and ends up being forgettable affair. I would not recommend this on any level. 1 out of 5 stars.
½ December 16, 2014
To say that this movie is a modern retelling of Sense and Sensibility is an insult to Jane Austen. There is zero character development, and the romances seem to be based on physical attraction alone. The fact that the sisters grew up in a household where their father and servants all spoke Spanish, yet they both never picked up some of the language, is unbelievable.

This movie spends so much time stressing how much the sisters, lives have changed that no time is left to build the romantic storylines, necessary to make the ending realistic.
November 24, 2014
Aside from its inevitable cheesiness, the story is somewhat deep; insinuating a greater meaning. The casting was mediocre which resulted in lacking performances.
November 9, 2014
Deep story but the casting, makeup, directing, and pretty much every other aspect if this movie is a failure.
August 31, 2014
Jane Austen's Sense and sensibility. Latino or should I say Chicano style.
½ July 23, 2014
Not Bad!!! I do feel bad of what happened to the dad. :(
July 20, 2014
As a modern portrayal of Jane Austen's classic "Sense and Sensibility" this is pretty good, however, you need to be familiar with the novel in order to appreciate it. Aside from that it is charming and sweet, but only good because it has Wilmer Valderrama in it.
June 14, 2014
Enjoyable Chick Flick. Ends Predictably Enough With No Twists Or Surprises.
March 17, 2014
: I was expecting to watch a follow up to 'devil wears Prada' I was more than satisfied looking at a very romantic story produced by the Mexican company Televisa in the USA ! The story is more romantic and drama than noticed as comedy 4/5
March 1, 2014
I like the movie__makes me laugh
½ February 16, 2014
I did like the Hispanic twist for Sense & Sensibility but it just seems too rushed. I love the actresses. It was an OK movie. It is good to watch if you have nothing else to pass the time.
November 17, 2013
...a vapid, dumb and uninspired comedic drama completely incapable of giving a resolution.
½ November 11, 2013
Cute film, made me wish I had more culture in my life.
October 27, 2013
A Predictable but entertaining comedy about finding or rediscovering your roots!
½ July 10, 2013
Definitively I've seen better...