From Within - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

From Within Reviews

November 21, 2016
From Within: The son of an accused witch in a small evangelical town shoots himself, sparking a suicidal chain reaction that apparently only one young teen questioning her faith seems capable of stopping. Yawn. While this creeper has a handful of scares, it's not until the credit roll that it gets interesting. And what's up with Rumor Willis and her trend of appearing in five minutes of each of these low budget indies? C-
July 14, 2015
My faith in the ugliness of Christianity is reaffirmed.
Robbanflix
January 1, 2015
Yet another horrormovie from the "After dark festival" and its a decent once again and actually many of them are average horror flicks atleast the ones i have seen so far. The story takes place in a town where ppl takes suicide of some reason.. a pretty easy plot overall , decent acting. Could have been more horror/spooky perhaps but fair enough.
½ October 29, 2014
Very slow moving and not very scary. It has s few moments of creepiness and some adequate acting, but the direction is very pedestrian.
September 15, 2014
Surprisingly watchable and unique. With a bigger budget and better performances there could be something truly impressive here.
½ August 4, 2014
If you can get over the constant bible overtones (and for fucks sake there are alot of people who need to be punched in the face here) this is a solid story. I wanna say fairly original with some actual scares in makeup, lighting and camera work (rare these days with cgi shit all over) and prob the one thing that sets it apart from most and in my select group of movies is that they weren't afraid to plug in a ending that the censors would hate. kudos film that doesnt give a damn. ps. why the hell is Adam Goldberg in this?
September 14, 2013
Ever since the release of movies like the Grudge and the Ring, a decade ago, we have been flooded with these similar movies and aren't you tired of them by now? The movie studios are, that's why all the recent ones have been direct to video releases with little to no promotion. I really don't understand why they keep insisting on beating us over the head with the same story over and over again. From Within is exactly like all the others, people start dying, most everyone sees it as strange coincidence, except for a hand full of people who see something supernatural. This time it's suicides in a small town, a bland, predictable take on a story that has been done to death! From Within has the distinction of being even worse, because of it's awful cast. This film proves that as long as you are good looking, someone, somewhere will be willing to put you in a movie, regardless of weather or not you actually have any talent. I choose this film, because once again, the description they wrote for it made it sound like one of the coolest horror movies of all time. Instead, what I got was boring, predictable, and a complete waste of time!
September 8, 2013
I started watching this movie , not having the highest hopes, but was pleasantly surprised after watching it. Wasn't really scary but the plot was really good. Not too bad at all.
August 5, 2013
Concept horror driven by a unique story that provides some neat scares and conveys a great sense of small town close mindedness, unfortunately does it in a very heavy handed, black and white, way that ends up feeling like its grinding a pretty big ax.
½ May 25, 2013
A little supernatural thriller that keeps the audience entertained for 90 minutes. Great atmosphere and a good story to tell.
May 14, 2013
This really surprised me. I read all the negative reviews online, but that's probably just because people know it's a Horrorfest movie. I personally think this movie is scary, twisted, and really fun to watch. There's not really any boring part, but it's not a very fast-paced movie. I liked this movie for two reasons. One, it is different because whoever witnesses a suicide first dies next and people keep getting linked to the suicides. And two, when you think something is going to happen, something else happens. There are a few comical parts, which really makes a good horror movie because if a movie is just scary throughout, it'll start to get boring but there's a lot of drama and some funny parts in it, so I really recommend seeing it.
April 27, 2013
good movie! spells starts the curse which makes people make suicides, the one who be first around the one who made suicide soon after that sees himself and makes suicide. and so it goes on. they might try to stop it. but its stronger. it lives on.
½ March 10, 2013
A small town in Maryland falls under a deadly curse when a traveling spirit is summoned to possess and kill the townspeople as it jumps from host to host. Only Lindsay is left to stop the spell from spreading when she discovers the secret behind it. FROM WITHIN touches on an all-too-familiar plot that is filled with nothing beyond your average characters, yet it remains fast-paced and entertaining from beginning to end. Phedon Papamichael sets an ominous mood prefacing each attack in preparation for the shocks and thrills to come. He has enlisted a serviceable cast led by Elizabeth Rice as Lindsay, who pulls us through some of Thomas Dekker's weaker moments as the typical teen outsider, Aidan. While it is easy to predict the many twists and turns, it is still fun to sit back and watch the plot unfurl as it reaches its satisfying ending. With a winning score and a keen eye behind the camera, FROM WITHIN proves to be a worthwhile entry in to the supernatural teen horror genre.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
½ January 4, 2013
78%

Anybody who holds up a sign that reads "God hates *blank*", is a little off.
½ December 26, 2012
This was done well for a low budget horror movie. The story was interesting, with religious themes, the acting was good, and the effects were minimal but acceptable. There were no scares, however there was enough tension built up to overcome it. Surprisingly above average.
½ December 10, 2012
What I really liked about this movie was, otther than the initial spell, it didn't try to make Wicca look too insane. It seemed quite factual, like the writers actually looked stuff up before putting it in the script. Also, coming from a small town in the bible belt, I feel they really nailed the concept of a town full of backward ignorant people. Although at times it seemed more like a love story than a horror film, it definitely had its moments.
½ December 9, 2012
Legendary cinematographer scores big with this thriller--Good Job!!
November 30, 2012
Barely passable acting, badly timed musical cues, and a lot of predictability make this a laughably corny and ultimately forgettable film.
September 27, 2012
I found it to be a very good movie. didn't leave you confused.
July 19, 2012
Excruciatingly bland and slow that will test your will not to press the off button on your remote.