Frost/Nixon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frost/Nixon Reviews

½ October 11, 2015
One of the best films from 2008. Another Ron Howard classic depicting the 12 day interview between Richard Nixon and Frost. Langella absolutely crushes this as Nixon as does Martin Sheen as Frost setting up an explosive final act. Along with a stellar supporting cast from the likes of Kevin Bacon and Sam Rockwell, direction by Ron Howard, cinematography and script that are all top notch, this is truly another ace of a film by Howard.
September 27, 2015
Electric performances under an excellent script and direction. The picture brings important questions to mind of the morals and ethics of politics and journalism.
September 16, 2015
Frank Langella as Nixon is perfect.
August 19, 2015
frank langella and ron howard have my oscar votes
½ August 6, 2015
Intriguing! Brilliant casting!
½ August 2, 2015
A very well done film, with outstanding performances.
July 30, 2015
Great piece of American history told in this greatly made historically accurate film. It's not most entertaining but truthful, but intriguing.
June 7, 2015
Brilliantly made and edited. Slow but NOT boring. Powerful yet subtle background score. The acting was among the finest I've seen, with both the main characters excelling in both verbal and non-verbal scenes. This movie is among my TOP 25.

Highly recommended.
June 1, 2015
Very compelling acting, especially from Langella.
May 31, 2015
Behind of the cameras of the real-life "interview with the vampire".Remarkable Frank Langella in the skin of fallen-from-grace Richard Nixon
May 24, 2015
The performance by Langella is memorable. Some questions about historicity, but overall well done.
May 6, 2015
Classic Ron Howard , gripping and informative.
April 15, 2015
An unusually directed historical drama containing docu-styled elements. After a slowish start the final interview is gripping and emotional. But there is probably not enough content to sustain the drama throughout. AAN
April 14, 2015
80% on my Tomatometer.
March 23, 2015
Well written, and well directed, but elevated by two superb lead performances by Michael Sheen and Frank Langella.
March 8, 2015
Visceral, endearing and powerful. Bolstering stupendous performances from Michael Sheen and Frank Langella, Frost Nixon shows new sides of television interviewing and Frank Langella's enchanting and committed performance as disgraced President Richard Nixon both immortalizes and humanizes a man who Americans have come to know as a reviled figure in our history. The battle of TV behind the camera is interesting, but the main invent is the intense battle of wits between David Frost and Richard Nixon, cementing this as a classic.
½ March 5, 2015
Well done. Long but interesting.
½ March 5, 2015
This is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. And I've seen it about 6 times by now. I'm not even saying I like it because Sam Rockwell is in it, but when I argue that the man has never been in a shit movie, I tend to quote this right beside the Green Mile.

Summary: There is no particular story to it, being a recap of what really happened. Famous actors act like it's an interview about the interview, talking about the past recalling what has happened before and after the very, very famous 1977 interviews of Richard Nixon by british tv host David Frost. The rest is history, and the interviews are available for free on youtube.

Pros: Sam Rockwell, the acting is absolutely fantastic and there is some serious attention to the details, from costumes to haircuts to the voice acting by Langella, to resemble Nixon's babbling deep voice. There is also Hall's serious eye-candy, so it's by far a great view from the start to the end. Surprising addition to the team is the presence of Michael Sheen, who for me will forever be Lucien from Underworld (which isn't exactly a compliment), yet holds his ground with the difficult character and a great british accent.

Cons: Richard Nixon looks nothing like Nixon, I understand the choice of actor because of the quality of Langella's acting, but while Frost is VERY similar to the original, it takes a lot of imagination to remember that Langella's supposed to be nixon.
Sheen's character furthermore is dislikable from the very beginning, as he -but maybe that's the director's choice- seems to be on edge/uncomfortable the entire time throughout the movie.
Kevin Bacon still is absolutely terrible at what he does and seems completely overrated as his character is pointless from minute 0 to the very end, two hours later.

Overall a great movie to watch, but not a party choice. Must Watch. Alone.
March 1, 2015
Ron Howard's compelling film about one of the most famous American television interviews utilises its artistic license to an extent that 'Frost/Nixon' is best taken as a piece of creative non-fiction rather than an outright historical drama. This does not distract from the competencies of the production, whose design, score, photography and editing give the film a sense of authenticity. In the titular roles, Michael Sheen is boyishly charismatic and the perfect opponent to the assured and intimidating Frank Langella; Oliver Platt and especially Kevin Bacon are in solid form as their respective sidekicks. That these particular actors aren't spitting images of their real-life counterparts is irrelevant - their performances are strong and affecting because they embody vital characteristics that give them the depth required for the telling of such a story. Even though the film might keep those unfamiliar with the events leading up to the interview at a distance, a viewing of Alan J. Pakula's superior 'All the President's Men' (1976) will help put this into context, it's a worthwhile exercise nonetheless.
January 30, 2015
An incredible screenplay which the main players tear into with formidable talent. Full review later.