On DVD:
    Jan 14, 2014
  • The Weinstein Company

The black movie of the year

A drama about black people of the year, yuk
Rodrigo Garcia
07-13-2013 11:31 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

What does Trayvon Martin have to do with this movie? People just love bringing up an incident that has nothing to do with what happened in this situation. LAME

Jul 28 - 06:30 AM

Babadook Nyland

Babadook Nyland

They're just trolling, Migs.

Jul 28 - 08:25 AM

Will S.

Will Sullivan

Unlike Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant was wrongfully murdered.

Jul 25 - 09:31 PM

Ausautas V.

Ausautas V.

Seems Oscar Grant was unintentionally killed, while resisting police officers, who were investigating violence on a train, which was their job.

The BART officer could have easily ricocheted a bullet into his partners face or a bystander if, for some inexplicable reason, he had decided to intentionally execute a minor criminal in front of a crowd. Can you imagine what significant benefit anyone would accomplish by doing that intentionally? I can't. It doesn't make sense.

Jul 27 - 11:33 PM

Sharlea Lacey

Sharlea Lacey

God you people are so damn ignorant. Go put your sheets on and shut the hell up.

Jul 25 - 07:20 PM

Rich Rick Gregory

Rich Rick Gregory

Powerful movie. Make all cops watch this.

Jul 22 - 10:14 PM

Cortez Fields

Cortez Fields

Asshole

Jul 14 - 02:56 AM

Matthew Storey

Matthew Storey

Yeahhhh, well thought out response there cort.... profanity, the last refuge of a weak argument and indicative of a even weaker mind/imagination.

Jul 14 - 03:48 AM

Cortez Fields

Cortez Fields

Oh that's funny. I guess this man's clear racial prejudice is acceptable to you, and my anger towards his racism is not? And please, don't question my imagination, I write novels for a living, and I'm sure I'm smarter than you Matthew.

Jul 28 - 02:00 AM

Babadook Nyland

Babadook Nyland

What novels do you write, Cortez?

Jul 28 - 08:26 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

I bet you think Trayvon deserves "justice" or some shit.

Jul 14 - 12:14 PM

Matthew Storey

Matthew Storey

It may sound harsh, but Tryvon got his justice. He attacked and tried to kill someone, they were armed, they defended themselves, he died.

It happens every day of the week, someone either hopped up on drugs or hormones think they are tougher than they are, feel that they are "justified" in their bias', and then proceed to "teach someone a lesson" with their fists or a handy melee weapon. The old adage holds true, don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Tryvon being a immature-young-on-the-cusp-of-adulthood man (skin color played no part btw, there are young men of every color that do this) made a immature choice, he ran back to a man who was leaving the area, and battered him while assaulting him. That man was armed, after taking and absorbing a level of pummeling he should have never even had to, Mr. Zimmerman, in fear for his life, used what every other human being has as a right, the right to defend themselves from murder or great bodily harm. I hope I never have to be in that spot that George was, because quite simply, my assailant is going to also, like Tryvon, lose their life.

This movie we are commenting on is rife with inaccuracies and bias. The label "based on a true story" is once again used as a cover to pass off propaganda as "fact". When questioned or challenged on the lack of truth when compared to the actual facts then the old catch phrase "poetic license" comes out to explain it all away, rather than admit that they were either lazy or a propagandist. One could wonder about the release date of the this film, now maybe it's just a coincidence, but somehow I feel they wanted this film out while all the controversy about the Zimmerman self defense trial burns on. That perhaps they hope it will translate to ticket sales, but them maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist :)

Jul 20 - 06:37 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

Wow. care disprove anything in the movie?

Jul 27 - 10:24 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

Also you didn't put fourth a point in that rant.

Jul 27 - 10:26 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

Whoa.
DIDN'T READ LOL
Nah just kidding, I read. And agree.

Jul 26 - 09:03 AM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

the troll is strong with this one

Oct 26 - 12:38 AM

Find us on: