Fruitvale Station - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fruitvale Station Reviews

March 30, 2016
without a doubt there is controversy over what actually happened in those tense moments the new years day of 2009. but there is also no doubt that this an amazing performance by jordan to portray the 24 hours leading up to that moment of a human being whose life was tragically taken. i haven't been wrecked by a film like i was by this one in quite some time.
½ March 27, 2016
Emotionally affecting. Brilliant performances from both Jordan and Diaz. Very deserving of the critical praise it's received.
March 12, 2016
This movie was great. I mean, there's no way to word it better. I especially love the dialogue, it was so human. Even the police officers were given a bit of humanity, instead of them being "evil pigs", even though they were in the wrong. The only problem I had with the movie is that the emotional impact isn't as big as I thought it would be. Of course the story is extremely sad, but since it shows you the outcome of the whole situation before the movie starts, you already know what to expect. It was minor though, I still ended up crying towards the end. People need to watch this movie. Please do.
March 3, 2016
Its mostly fair and even display of Oscar Grant's character serves to humanize the shooting victim in a way that news stories and other media cannot. A great first step in multiple promising filmmaking careers, Fruitvale Station uses its meager budget to effectively address one of our nation's most pressing social issues - it doesn't miss a beat.
March 3, 2016
Certainly a topical film with the recent string of allegations of police brutality, and even more so a powerful one.
½ February 29, 2016
This is a movie that speaks volumes to now and will move you tremendously. Michael B. Jordan's delivers an incredibly moving performance and the supporting work is fantastic. The story is so simple that it feels real which makes it so much more tragic. It's a movie that definitely showcases the power of movies.
½ February 28, 2016
Um filme raro com atuações que despertam algo maior, o diretor Ryan Coogler usa e abusa de seus closes nos personagens principais, conseguindo com muita ênfase, deixar seu espectador mais próximo de seus personagens principais.
A atuação de Michael B. Jordan não é só exemplar, mas, principalmente sincera, dentro de um roteiro que estabelec uma linha perfeita do que realmente importa para que o personagem seja icônico, Fruitvale Station condena tudo o que há de errado como um soco na face de seu espectador e, por mais doloroso que seja, celebra a arte.
½ February 20, 2016
Pretty evenhanded account.
February 14, 2016
A beautifully directed film.
February 13, 2016
This murder/accident was actually not about racism. A real racist person, even the dumbest racist person, would never do this in public.
February 7, 2016
EVERYONE WATCH THIS PLEASE
February 7, 2016
Breathtaking; from the opening scene to the last frame, "Fruitvale" depicts a tragically true story on human loss that deserves to be ranked with importance.
February 2, 2016
A heart breaking film based on a truly tragic event ; may he rest in peace
½ January 31, 2016
9.5 out of 10:

It's a bit predictable but with great acting and a powerful story, Fruitvale Station makes a great movie to watch.
January 31, 2016
Sad and moving without a place for us to go further and a big tragedy wrapped in a little story...tension builds in every scene (no matter how slow) leads us to the end we dread.

As most every scene as a picture frame of what's important
in the day in the life of a guy turning himself around,
less than stellar direction and writing, sometimes pulls tension away from the ever present Titanic-like 'he almost made it'/ultimate demise' scenario.

Witnessing more his destiny rather than his life beginning, beautifully placed flashbacks help balance the WHY he's moving forward in his life
and where he's not yet reached. A tough balance of empathizing with the character, without necessarily liking him, Fruitvale Station ultimately leaves us saying,
'we do care'
January 30, 2016
Wow. Starts slow, but the character development was so powerful.
January 27, 2016
This powerful account of the last 24 hours of Oscar Grant, a black man needlessly gunned down by the police at the titular train station, is an incredible film. Featuring an outstanding performance from Michael B. Jordan; the directorial debut of acclaimed director Ryan Coogler (Creed, Black Panther) is a high achievement.
January 25, 2016
With Michael B. Jordan as the main role, he gives Fruitvale Station the ability to overview one of the most tragic, yet powerful stories ever told.